• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: TOM BRADY SUSPENDED!

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High profile for whom? The Supreme Court? It's the Supreme court of the United States, not New England. They don't give a fuck about Tom Brady or the Pats or the NFL.
Are you sitting there saying this isnt a high profile case involving high profile people and a public labor dispute?
With a straight face?

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sitting there saying this isnt a high profile case involving high profile people and a public labor dispute?
With a straight face?

Yes I am. And there is no labor dispute here, per se. The punishment was handed out based on the contract agreed by both parties. NFLPA cannot claim now that they were treated unfairly.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I am. And there is no labor dispute here, per se. The punishment was handed out based on the contract agreed by both parties. NFLPA cannot claim now that they were treated unfairly.
Lol

Its a labor dispute involving arguably the leagues most celebrated player, and a league that owns a day of the week.

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I doubt that the NFLPA will even go forward with the appeal.

These appellate lawyers are one of the most expensive ones on the planet. This lawsuit is not impacting any one except Brady and the Pats. Why would the 1800 players, who form the NFLPA pay for this shit, for someone who probably doesn't even need this funding?

The NFLPA will just bring this up during their next CBA.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Brady is exposed, will he ever be welcomed back to Ann Arbor?

I've found that the bums there are happy to see anybody who looks like they have money.

They're actually pretty nice guys, one guy lying flat on the ground who asked for change told me to have a nice day when I declined. One of his buddies even told me to take care of myself.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have had the time to read through all this SportsHoopla. Two conclusions:

1) Pats/Brady and headstrong Pats fans are prolonging the pain with a short-sighted view of the reality of deflategate and its consequences. They are digging a deep grave of insufferableness.

2) Some fans of other teams are using circumstancial issues and commentary to hop on the wagon and give the Pats and us fans a well-deserved hard time. Like sonnyblack said a few pages ago, F you you righteous high-horse bastids, get a life.

Just another day in the NFL SportsHoopla.

Edit: BTW, bring it Jimmy G, we wanna see what you have.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Comments" arent a courts written ruling.
Who said they were? In fact, this all started by specifically saying it wasn't.

More deflection. It really is quite sad.

More than one judge did in fact make the statements quoted. You don't like them so of course your fans will attempt to say they mean nothing because they weren't part of the actual narrow ruling in the case. They do mean something. Very smart people who have looked into the case and its merits found Brady's actions to be self damning, just like everyone else not in NE. Of course that counts.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have had the time to read through all this SportsHoopla. Two conclusions:

1) Pats/Brady and headstrong Pats fans are prolonging the pain with a short-sighted view of the reality of deflategate and its consequences. They are digging a deep grave of insufferableness.

2) Some fans of other teams are using circumstancial issues and commentary to hop on the wagon and give the Pats and us fans a well-deserved hard time. Like sonnyblack said a few pages ago, F you you righteous high-horse bastids, get a life.

Just another day in the NFL SportsHoopla.

Edit: BTW, bring it Jimmy G, we wanna see what you have.
Im excited to see what the kid can do. Hes played well in mopup vs prevent defenses.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said they were? In fact, this all started by specifically saying it wasn't.

More deflection. It really is quite sad.

More than one judge did in fact make the statements quoted. You don't like them so of course your fans will attempt to say they mean nothing because they weren't part of the actual narrow ruling in the case. They do mean something. Very smart people who have looked into the case and its merits found Brady's actions to be self damning, just like everyone else not in NE. Of course that counts.
Legally, as far as this written decision goes, those comments have no bearing.

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally.

Because you'd have to be legally retarded to think otherwise.

Cuz it involves a work place and a union.

The fact that you Pats fans actually believe in shit like this makes it more hilarious.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the judge's said anything that had any legal bearing or weight - it would have gone into the opinion. Their comments at oral argument are used to elicit responses from the counsel arguing. By your reasoning Clarence Thomas has no opinion on anything since he hasn't asked a question at oral argument before the Supreme Court in over 10 years.
He actually had a back and forth with a lawyer just back in February.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you Pats fans actually believe in shit like this makes it more hilarious.
If its not the labor dispute it clearly is based on the fact its a place of employment vs an employee union...what is it, professor?

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its not the labor dispute it clearly is based on the fact its a place of employment vs an employee union...what is it, professor?

I didn't realize you were this stupid, but what the hell.

This is not a dispute where the process was followed based on the agreement signed by both the parties. The NFLPA cannot argue that their player was penalized illegally because they agreed to the process. There is no dispute if both the parties agree to a process.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legally, as far as this written decision goes, those comments have no bearing.
And who said they did?

Why is it so fucking hard for your fans to separate the two? Their opinions on the case outside of the decision were not considered in the cases outcome. Everyone on the entire planet gets that. Still, they had those opinions and they had access to the entire case file. It shows that very smart people who look into this case come to that conclusion. It's further proof you have to have your head in your ass not to see what happened here.