• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: TOM BRADY SUSPENDED!

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the Hell is this still a story. Brady was an entitled, unaccountable baby to appeal and Goodell is no different to appeal the appeal. All they are doing is hurting the league and making themselves look like idiots. I'll say what I said all along. Of course he was involved and everyone reasonable knows it. But 4 games and a 1st round draft pick is just a stupid, ridiculous penalty for that transgression. it is so far over the top for what was done. I could see if they were warned, but I'm sure they saw it as no more than bending a little rule and that is all it was IMO. Should have been a slap on the wrist and maybe $25K to Brady and if you want to take a draft pick make it a 4th rounder or later. The fact that this is still a story just shows how both sides are digging their heals in and putting the argument and themselves over the big picture

Wordy.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, am I reading this right? The Pats back up QB is Janeane Garrofolo? I didn't think Boston was THAT Liberal.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Richard Sherman is heavily-involved in the next CBA (and from what I am hearing, he is going to be), the players will get a much better deal.

Is Erin Andrews going to be representing the owners?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFLPA was trying to fight the good fight, they would have never signed the CBA to begin with. Instead, this comes across more like someone who didn't read all of the fine print in the contract they signed, then are surprised when said contract screws them over.

Sorry, NFLPA, it doesn't work that way. You agree to it, now you have to abide by it. Maybe next time you'll read it a little more closely.

The NFL offered them a bigger slice of the money pie to give the commissioner those powers.

I guess they assumed Goodell would still work in good faith on these issues. Little did they know how bad a commissioner would be and how easy he over-reacts when pressed to "do something"

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats better bring Tim Tebow back!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Destruction of evidence is not something innocent people do. The law views this as at least an inference of guilt.

Bottom line.

There is zero chance his legacy isn't permanently marred by this and the other cheating acts of his team during this era. He's going to get into the hall, but good luck ever making a dime outside of NE again after he retires. He couldn't sell an ice cube in hell on national TV and no one will touch him for any other visible position.

He's become the Pete Rose of football.

Between Giselle and Tom's chequing accounts I think he'll be OK.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL offered them a bigger slice of the money pie to give the commissioner those powers.

I guess they assumed Goodell would still work in good faith on these issues. Little did they know how bad a commissioner would be and how easy he over-reacts when pressed to "do something"

Tom Brady cheated.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the fear in her eyes! No wonder she sued that hotel for millions. She probably has PTSD from the Sherman incident.
You know Richard hit that.

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why Pats fans are worried. They now have a real QB starting for at least the first 4 games.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Destruction of evidence is not something innocent people do. The law views this as at least an inference of guilt.

Bottom line.

There is zero chance his legacy isn't permanently marred by this and the other cheating acts of his team during this era. He's going to get into the hall, but good luck ever making a dime outside of NE again after he retires. He couldn't sell an ice cube in hell on national TV and no one will touch him for any other visible position.

He's become the Pete Rose of football.
Stop jumping on the ESPN hysteria train. The phone was destroyed AFTER Wells and his team said they didn't need it. It's in the report as such so should be a none issue. If people want to claim cover ups, please explain 3-4 Indy balls under pressure and not checking them all? I'm not claiming any conspiracy theory. I'm just saying if we're talking evidence let's talk evidence.

Not sure I agree he's the next Pete Rose either. Not that TB cares one way or another. He's got plenty of coin.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why Pats fans are worried. They now have a real QB starting for at least the first 4 games.

They're fine with that.

As long as he sucks and the Pats lose.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Tom Brady commit conduct detrimental to the league? No, not really.

Did the CBA give Goodell obnoxious and broad discretionary power, yes.

Was this collectively bargained (ergo, everyone agreed to this) yes.

Is this constitutional? Probably.

Does Goodell have broad and discretionary power, yes.

Can Goodell suspend a player for whatever is deemed neccessary- yes.

Did Tom Brady cheat, lie about it and destroy evidence- yes.