• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: TOM BRADY SUSPENDED!

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brady needs to be hit below the knees again

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. I was just being a dick. :D

I get it.. It's a free swim, everyone "In the Pool!!"

My wife texted me asking me whether I was going to be in a bad mood tonight.. ;)

I said it's been pretty clear for a while where this was going and I've already dealt with "The Pain". :D

Who know's maybe this is the turning of the page for a new Dynasty.. ;)

That would make Hammer's explode..

"like a rainbow"

:D

It probably will be an interesting year in the NFL.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooner or later you'll thank TB, Kraft and the NFLPA for fighting the good fight. Goodell is out of control. As soon as one of your star/favorite players is suspended for speeding you will finally admit to this.

However, in the case of a speeding ticket at least there is the proof of a radar gun.

Signing that CBA quite possibly the stupidest move in NFL history.
If the NFLPA was trying to fight the good fight, they would have never signed the CBA to begin with. Instead, this comes across more like someone who didn't read all of the fine print in the contract they signed, then are surprised when said contract screws them over.

Sorry, NFLPA, it doesn't work that way. You agree to it, now you have to abide by it. Maybe next time you'll read it a little more closely.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to have to congratulate hammer again on another great day of posting

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"I couldn't have done it without my good friends on the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals."

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFLPA was trying to fight the good fight, they would have never signed the CBA to begin with. Instead, this comes across more like someone who didn't read all of the fine print in the contract they signed, then are surprised when said contract screws them over.

Sorry, NFLPA, it doesn't work that way. You agree to it, now you have to abide by it. Maybe next time you'll read it a little more closely.
I think they read it. I just don't think they thought that the commish would be such a power hungry scum bag. This ordeal brings to light how dumb it was for the PA to sign that CBA. Look for a holdout come the next CBA. PA will have to give up something like a longer schedule or a long hold out to rid Goodell of his judge, jury and executioner powers.

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have so many weapons they'll go 4-0 with the kid.

With Brady I think they'd go 3-1.

THAT is how good this team is.

I am sure the Cardinals are game planning big time now for the Pats. With Brady all they had to do was make sure they make it to the stadium after their Vegas trip.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royalties reinstated.
Do you know the difference between an ass kisser and a brown noser?
Simply depth perception.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the league really wants to punish Brady they should make him finish out his career in Cleveland.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they read it. I just don't think they thought that the commish would be such a power hungry scum bag. This ordeal brings to light how dumb it was for the PA to sign that CBA. Look for a holdout come the next CBA. PA will have to give up something like a longer schedule or a long hold out to rid Goodell of his judge, jury and executioner powers.
So they gave Goodell power, then are upset when he uses that power. I'm not sure if that's better or worse than not actually reading it.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Tom Brady commit conduct detrimental to the league? No, not really.

Did the CBA give Goodell obnoxious and broad discretionary power, yes.

Was this collectively bargained (ergo, everyone agreed to this) yes.

Is this constitutional? Probably.

Does Goodell have broad and discretionary power, yes.

Can Goodell suspend a player for whatever is deemed neccessary- yes.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the Hell is this still a story. Brady was an entitled, unaccountable baby to appeal and Goodell is no different to appeal the appeal. All they are doing is hurting the league and making themselves look like idiots. I'll say what I said all along. Of course he was involved and everyone reasonable knows it. But 4 games and a 1st round draft pick is just a stupid, ridiculous penalty for that transgression. it is so far over the top for what was done. I could see if they were warned, but I'm sure they saw it as no more than bending a little rule and that is all it was IMO. Should have been a slap on the wrist and maybe $25K to Brady and if you want to take a draft pick make it a 4th rounder or later. The fact that this is still a story just shows how both sides are digging their heals in and putting the argument and themselves over the big picture

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Richard Sherman is heavily-involved in the next CBA (and from what I am hearing, he is going to be), the players will get a much better deal.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we really need to go over this again? TB has still not been found guilty of cheating. Spin how ever you like to make your story that is fine.
I ask just one two part question. Were 3 of the 4 Indy balls under the required pressure and if so how come only 4 were checked?
Destruction of evidence is not something innocent people do. The law views this as at least an inference of guilt.

Bottom line.

There is zero chance his legacy isn't permanently marred by this and the other cheating acts of his team during this era. He's going to get into the hall, but good luck ever making a dime outside of NE again after he retires. He couldn't sell an ice cube in hell on national TV and no one will touch him for any other visible position.

He's become the Pete Rose of football.