• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking: Sean Peyton Stepping down

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the Saints will want in compensation for him--they aren't likely to just let him coach in SD without getting something for him since he's still under contract. On the other hand, I think the Chargers could be happy to ship some draft picks to Nola in order to land him.
Herbert for payton...straight up :thumb:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Saints first round pick looks better each week.
You ready for some next level fuckery?
(Way too risky and they shouldn’t do this)
- Eagles rest everybody this weekend. They had an early bye. Take a bye this week vs the Bears. Don’t even put your core guys on the plane.
- Bears get one more win which could help them have a better record than the Saints.
- Eagles clinch the division Dec 24th by beating the Cowboys.
- Eagles play and beat Saints.
- Eagles rest starters vs Giants

This almost assures Saints pick is top 5 and Eagles still accomplish 1 seed.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ready for some next level fuckery?
(Way too risky and they shouldn’t do this)
- Eagles rest everybody this weekend. They had an early bye. Take a bye this week vs the Bears. Don’t even put your core guys on the plane.
- Bears get one more win which could help them have a better record than the Saints.
- Eagles clinch the division Dec 24th by beating the Cowboys.
- Eagles play and beat Saints.
- Eagles rest starters vs Giants

This almost assures Saints pick is top 5 and Eagles still accomplish 1 seed.
Love the idea, but no way this would happen, lol. The pick is going to be a great pick regardless. And this being a relatively solid QB draft, I suspect Howie will do his wizardy shit and fleece a team to take our pick and package multiple picks in doing so. It's time to bulk up and add defensive depth.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Saints first round pick looks better each week.

That was one of the worst moves of last year's draft and none of the talking heads even bothered to talk about it. It was obvious that the pick very likely was going to be a top 10 pick.

....but this is what GM's do when trying to save their jobs. Make moves that are NOT in the best interest of the franchise but rather make moves that might save their jobs.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the idea, but no way this would happen, lol. The pick is going to be a great pick regardless. And this being a relatively solid QB draft, I suspect Howie will do his wizardy shit and fleece a team to take our pick and package multiple picks in doing so. It's time to bulk up and add defensive depth.
Yep. Unless someone like Will Anderson falls in their lap I want to trade down for more draft capital.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Unless someone like Will Anderson falls in their lap I want to trade down for more draft capital.
Yup. Will Anderson is my guy. I think Georgia has another tackle coming out this season? Could be wrong. I'm looking for Cox's replacement. I'm curious if Howie would kick the tires on another offensive playmaker like Bijon Robinson? This dude is so gifted.i may be thinking of Jalen Carter from Georgia? Another big body to add next to Davis etc. I love the depth .

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Will Anderson is my guy. I think Georgia has another tackle coming out this season? Could be wrong. I'm looking for Cox's replacement. I'm curious if Howie would kick the tires on another offensive playmaker like Bijon Robinson? This dude is so gifted.
Great player. I don’t want anything to do with picking a RB as a top 5 pick. You use those picks on QBs, CBs, OTs, DL

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great player. I don’t want anything to do with picking a RB as a top 5 pick. You use those picks on QBs, CBs, OTs, DL
I'll obviously be tuned into the Peach Bowl as my beloved Buckeyes will have a huge challenge ahead. I really want to see how good that Georgia DL does against one of the top OL with Ohio State. In particular, Jalen Carter. Just what we need is snother Jalen:)

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll obviously be tuned into the Peach Bowl as my beloved Buckeyes will have a huge challenge ahead. I really want to see how good that Georgia DL does against one of the top OL with Ohio State. In particular, Jalen Carter. Just what we need is snother Jalen:)
As long as his name isn’t Reagor

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of the worst moves of last year's draft and none of the talking heads even bothered to talk about it. It was obvious that the pick very likely was going to be a top 10 pick.
Olave has been a good player for them, but it WAS a bad trade.
....but this is what GM's do when trying to save their jobs. Make moves that are NOT in the best interest of the franchise but rather make moves that might save their jobs.
Truth.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olave has been a good player for them, but it WAS a bad trade.

Truth.

.....what is crazy is that they STILL owe the Eagle's next years 2nd round pick too.

Essentially the Saints traded a top 10 pick this year, a 3rd and 7th round pick last year and a future 2nd next year for Olave (also dropped down one spot in last year's first round). They trade WAY more value for Olave than Miami did for Tyreek Hill.

It is part of why I dont see the Eagles trading for more draft capital with this year's first round picks (unless it is draft capital in the current draft) like @fightinfunbags is saying above. They have damn near a full roster next year already, plenty of picks in this upcoming draft and still are in the positive when it comes to future picks. Howie is doing a tremendous job of fleecing idiot GM's that still for some reason think that a 1st round pick in this year's draft is worth WAY more than a first round pick in next year's draft.

Last edited:

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams and vikings fans touting he hasn't won more than 1 playoff game in a season since 2009...priceless

Do you want to refute any of the claims that I made about him being a classless asshole and letting all of that trickle down to his players?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want to refute any of the claims that I made about him being a classless asshole and letting all of that trickle down to his players?
All I read is a team with Grit! :D