• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What rules could UM brag about changing? The reason the camps were legal is because they weren't against the rules. And if Harbaugh was being an ass doing satellite camps, was Urban Meyer being an ass too?
Yes he was being an ass if he scheduled a bunch. The problem was Harbs went full retard. They closed that loophole due to that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see it now already -- Harbaugh will be the key note speaker at roughly a dozen satellite camps next year. I think we found the next loop hole. You can't be a guest coach, but you can be a key note speaker and attend the camp.
Good point, but the real question - Where does he have to sleep when he travels to these camps?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'm sure you would like me to argue, as I'm sure you would just like ANYBODY to talk with you. I just pointed out, the camp you called out as a "satellite camp" and one of the reasons for them being banned, was a camp held on UM's campus AND he invited every coach to attend.

If you want to talk about the camps -- at least know what you are talking about.
Back peddling you have no facts. Just a coach you will blindly follow until Michigan gets slapped with sanctions

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is akin to Saban "bumping into recruits" in the spring when he was going to supposedly "talk with coaches, teachers or counselors" about a recruit. It was banned and is known as the Saban rule.
Saban found a loophole and exploited it til it was closed.

That is all coaches have done with the Sattelite camps. It was fine with the other conferences until high profile coaches started doing it and then it was an actual threat and they whined til the loophole was closed.

Only a matter of time until the next loophole is found and exploited.

He asked you a simple question and you answered with "SEC!" :rolleyes:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'm sure you would like me to argue, as I'm sure you would just like ANYBODY to talk with you. I just pointed out, the camp you called out as a "satellite camp" and one of the reasons for them being banned, was a camp held on UM's campus AND he invited every coach to attend.

If you want to talk about the camps -- at least know what you are talking about.
Harbs invited every coach to attend because he wanted to be the center of attention like a princess. Most of the other coaches were smart enough not to play his game.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbs invited every coach to attend because he wanted to be the center of attention like a princess. Most of the other coaches were smart enough not to play his game.
Sarkisian wouldn't even go near them that's pretty bad

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? So to be center of the attention, he'd invite everyone to attend? Wouldn't that be counter-productive to what you are insinuating?

If the center of attention was his end goal -- I'm going out on a limb and saying, inviting NO OTHER COACHES, would be the best option.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? So to be center of the attention, he'd invite everyone to attend? Wouldn't that be counter-productive to what you are insinuating?

If the center of attention was his end goal -- I'm going out on a limb and saying, inviting NO OTHER COACHES, would be the best option.
Really? You dont think Harbs did that to draw attention to himself?