• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking: James Franklin to be named Penn ST HC

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Tennessean he is meeting with the boosters today.

This isn't over then. It feels like the momentum has swung back Vandy's way.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't over then. It feels like the momentum has swung back Vandy's way.

I agree, especially the longer it goes on. This is flying around on the Vandy message boards. Its Chris Lee, the head writer for vandysportsdotcom, sounds pretty crazy.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/nashsportsradio/breaking-news-james-franklin[/soundcloud]

Last edited by a moderator:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Tennessean he is meeting with the boosters today.

This could get kinda hilarious before it's over.

Vandy boosters: "Whaddya need, James...cash, booze, broads?"

PSU boosters: "We don't call it 'Beaver Stadium' because it's full of toothy rodents, if you get our drift..."

Vandy: "How bout a stadium re-name and a statue?"

PSU: "Allergic to beavers? We'll wipe 'em out!"

Vandy: "Broads not enough? would you like your own brothel?"

PSU: "We'll DOUBLE the brothels!"

Who ever could have foreseen a bidding war between Penn State and Vandy a decade ago?

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, especially the longer it goes on. This is flying around on the Vandy message boards. Its Chris Lee, the head writer for vandysportsdotcom, sounds pretty crazy.

https://soundcloud.com/nashsportsradio/breaking-news-james-franklin

I'm listening to this right now. Sure makes me feel for the Vandy faithful.. It's the same shit that we just went through with LOB. Makes me sick to think we are doing the same thing to another school but I guess its something that we better get used to in the absence of JoePa

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm listening to this right now. Sure makes me feel for the Vandy faithful.. It's the same shit that we just went through with LOB. Makes me sick to think we are doing the same thing to another school but I guess its something that we better get used to in the absence of JoePa

Holy shit. I feel much differently now.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/nashsportsradio/breaking-news-james-franklin[/soundcloud]

James is a very immature guy who handled this poorly. He lied.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Chris Lee guy basically has his shoulders slumped and has thrown the towel in on Franklin.

Around the 24 min mark he debunks the rumor that PSU is on the hook for the 31 million dollar facilities that Franklin requested too.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah......

as soon as he leaves vandy fans start complaining about his character:laugh3:

why am I not surprised

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This one must be a fixer upper...

BelleMeadeDairy.jpg

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah......

as soon as he leaves vandy fans start complaining about his character:laugh3:

why am I not surprised

...because you're an expert on Vandy and everyone else is "amateurs" and "idiots."

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I'm just an old fart who doesn't understand the mindset of some of the younger generations, but I just have to scratch my head in amazement on how some folks could consider a coach going to a 'blue blood' program such as Penn State as a lateral move, or saying that they don't think a coach such as Franklin has to 'settle' for a job such as Penn State. These statements do not make sense/do not compute to this old man.

Penn State is a destination job, it is one of the few 'blue blood...elite brands...legendary' football programs in the nation.

In no particular order, I will list a baker's dozen of the 'blue blood...elite brands...legendary' football programs which many if not most folks who follow college football would probably consider to be the cream-of-the-crop:

Ohio State...Michigan...Notre Dame...Nebraska...Penn State...USC...Texas...Oklahoma...Alabama...Florida...Georgia...Tennessee...LSU

The above 13 football programs are not jobs that a potential coach would have to 'settle for'. Those 13 programs represent the pinnacle of college football. Those are the schools that are not only time-proven major brand names, but they also each boast multiple national championships.

One does not simply walk into Mordor, and one does not 'settle' on choosing Penn State.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I'm just an old fart who doesn't understand the mindset of some of the younger generations, but I just have to scratch my head in amazement on how some folks could consider a coach going to a 'blue blood' program such as Penn State as a lateral move, or saying that they don't think a coach such as Franklin has to 'settle' for a job such as Penn State. These statements do not make sense/do not compute to this old man.

Penn State is a destination job, it is one of the few 'blue blood...elite brands...legendary' football programs in the nation.

In no particular order, I will list a baker's dozen of the 'blue blood...elite brands...legendary' football programs which many if not most folks who follow college football would probably consider to be the cream-of-the-crop:

Ohio State...Michigan...Notre Dame...Nebraska...Penn State...USC...Texas...Oklahoma...Alabama...Florida...Georgia...Tennessee...LSU

The above 13 football programs are not jobs that a potential coach would have to 'settle for'. Those 13 programs represent the pinnacle of college football. Those are the schools that are not only time-proven major brand names, but they also each boast multiple national championships.

One does not simply walk into Mordor, and one does not 'settle' on choosing Penn State.

I think it's mostly about the current state of Penn St that people are considering.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's mostly about the current state of Penn St that people are considering.

And the fact that he was recruited by Texas and the NFL. Another year at Vandy and any opening in American, pro or college, would have been his. The only thing that makes sense is that Penn State is his dream job.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the fact that he was recruited by Texas and the NFL. Another year at Vandy and any opening in American, pro or college, would have been his. The only thing that makes sense is that Penn State is his dream job.

and if Vandy goes 5-7 or 6-6 then maybe not.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it comical when people say the state of Penn State Football is so bad... Just using 1 school for comparison purposes over the last 2 years, but its a big one & they haven't had any sanctions or had an open door given to kids to have them transfer.

MICHIGAN
2012 8-5
2013 7-6

PENN STATE
2012 8-4
2013 7-5

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it comical when people say the state of Penn State Football is so bad... Just using 1 school for comparison purposes over the last 2 years, but its a big one & they haven't had any sanctions or had an open door given to kids to have them transfer.

MICHIGAN
2012 8-5
2013 7-6

PENN STATE
2012 8-4
2013 7-5

It's mostly the same people that think we all love Sandusky, all are child ******ers and/or think we deserve the DP. We're still alive and still relevant and it pisses people off.