• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking Eagles News....

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take;
Howie fired Chips guy Gamble perhaps in spite of Chip
Chip went to Lurie offering an ultimatum
Lurie moved Howie out of Chips way but keeping him cause he has some special something for Howie
Chip got the control he wanted but lost his guy who he can't bring back or the cat will surely be let out of the bag.
Chip and Howie don't like each other. Lurie wanted to keep both so he found a way but a rift surely remains
More to follow

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope chipper gets his head out of the sand by draft day. I hope for the best.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to NJ.com, Mark Eckel lists some good candidates for Chip's personnel chief. I just hope that Chip does due diligence, and takes the time to research these and any others, getting several recommendations from good, knowledgeable personnel experts like Polian, etc., and not rush into getting the best man possible.

MARC ROSS - GIANTS. My recommendation; used to be in personnel with the Eagles.
ALONZO HIGHSMITH - GR.BAY. Former Miami U star RB.
WILL McCLAY - DALLAS.
TODD BRUNNER - SEATTLE.
BRANDON HUNT - STEELERS.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how a coach has full control of person bel but not salary cap and he hies his own GM. That GM does not control Salary cap either so what does he do? Howie controls salary cap as a VP.

Still questions...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Ross would be good.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to NJ.com, Mark Eckel lists some good candidates for Chip's personnel chief. I just hope that Chip does due diligence, and takes the time to research these and any others, getting several recommendations from good, knowledgeable personnel experts like Polian, etc., and not rush into getting the best man possible.

MARC ROSS - GIANTS. My recommendation; used to be in personnel with the Eagles.
ALONZO HIGHSMITH - GR.BAY. Former Miami U star RB.
WILL McCLAY - DALLAS.
TODD BRUNNER - SEATTLE.
BRANDON HUNT - STEELERS.

I doubt it will be any of them, I think its going to be somebody a little more non descript like most of Chips coaching hires.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it will be any of them, I think its going to be somebody a little more non descript like most of Chips coaching hires.

So Ed Marynowitz could be his guy. As long as Chip does his research, I'm OK with Ed.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could mean a number of things....but which?
Since I'm no fan of Howie I have some concern as to what really happened and why the hell Lurie keeps him like a pet......I could make a suggestion but maybe I should leave well enough alone.
Whoever was responsible for the last draft (I think Chip) needs to keep their hands off personnel issues.
This whole thing gives me pause for concern but since I really don't know why these things are happening I can only wait and see.

Finally a sensible reply (sorry guy who mentioned Mariotta, that was also sensible).

I really expect more sense from most the rest of you in here. Nobody wins. Basically the guy that wanted to draft Jordan Matthews in the 1st and Taylor Hart in the 3rd now can go do idiotic things like that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this doesnt work then its time to ride Lurie out of town. I have been in management for years and its a very bad pressident to give in to threats and ultimatiams. No matter how great the employee is. No doubt Chip went whining to mommy after his big brother took away his binky in Gamble. I believe this is all going to blow up in our faces and ultimately mean several more years without a Super Bowl. The proper response to Chip would have been to call his bluff. Chip was not going anywhere without Lurie letting him out of is contract. College or otherwise. Lurie is going down the same road with Chip as he did with Reid and while Reid had some success the ultimate game was never won. So in the end we had some good fun with Reid but he failed.

Why in one of the best sports town in America do we continually have to have disjointed front offices running our teams. Every one of our 4 sports teams right now have issues at the top.

And Reid at least won a ton of playoff games. Kelly hasn't won jack. The defense he has assembled is trash. The only good players are all Andy Reid's except for Jenkins and he's in way over his head as a part of that secondary.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust Chip. Bottom line. Unlike Reid, he adjusts. When he makes mistakes, he corrects them. Also, when he gets his players, he will win. Period.

A rumor has it that Terry Bradway, former Jets personnel guy, may be Chip's pick to be the GM. His son is already a scout with the Birds.

What the hell has Kelly adjusted to? His defense is winded, his offense doesn't go deep and his run game got worse. How is it that Andy Reid can get Shady in the endzone and Chip can't?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was no crybaby ultimatum. Something big happened with Gamble and Lurie fired him. Someone had to take over his responsibilities and this is what they came up with. Chip probably begged for a CB last year and Gamble/Howie won out.

I wouldn't read too much into this. We'll win 12-14 games and a Superbowl in the next 3 or 4 or Chip will be gone. This is Laurie saying OK Chip I believe in you now go get it done. Don't think for a minute Howie isn't sitting back with a big scorecard. Also factor in Howie may have been looking for a bigtime GM job and they didn't like that.

Factor in that Howie (who I don't think that highly of either) now gets to keep all of Chip's idiot college level shit off of his record. Don't think for a minute that Lurie didn't listen to Howie. He's known Howie for 15 years. He trusts Howie. When Howie said "this Chip guy is going to do some nuts shit," and Lurie said "so we'll let him," Howie said "then move me out of the personnel role and keep Chip 100% accountable for the consequences of his personnel actions." Chip already fucked up last offseason with Desean and Howie couldn't fix it. Why would Howie want to do that again?

Chip probably did NOT beg for a cornerback last offseason because he was in charge of the roster and they didn't get one. All Chip said is that he "thinks our corners are great for what the Eagles do and no one else has a clue what we are asking of them." When it became apparent that Chip didn't have a clue that his cornerbacks couldn't compete at this level they finally sat one of them.

You guys PRETENDING that Chip didn't have his hand in every terrible move this organization has made the past two years are living in a fantasy land.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Factor in that Howie (who I don't think that highly of either) now gets to keep all of Chip's idiot college level shit off of his record. Don't think for a minute that Lurie didn't listen to Howie. He's known Howie for 15 years. He trusts Howie. When Howie said "this Chip guy is going to do some nuts shit," and Lurie said "so we'll let him," Howie said "then move me out of the personnel role and keep Chip 100% accountable for the consequences of his personnel actions." Chip already fucked up last offseason with Desean and Howie couldn't fix it. Why would Howie want to do that again?

Chip probably did NOT beg for a cornerback last offseason because he was in charge of the roster and they didn't get one. All Chip said is that he "thinks our corners are great for what the Eagles do and no one else has a clue what we are asking of them." When it became apparent that Chip didn't have a clue that his cornerbacks couldn't compete at this level they finally sat one of them.

You guys PRETENDING that Chip didn't have his hand in every terrible move this organization has made the past two years are living in a fantasy land.

hard to argue with back to back 10-6 seasons after we sucked bad....guess you want Chip fired? I liked Reid but it was time for a change. Chip is a smart dude, he will get this fixed.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eliot Wolf is the "hottest" name on the market, but I think he will want more control than Chip will give. I hope I'm wrong, as he will be dynamite. "IF" he takes the job, then that is a good sign that Chip will respect him and take his advice, and make a joint decision on personnel matters. And, if he gets the job, then I also hope he will keep Marynowitz as his top assistant, who also is one of the young studs. There are several old veteran personnel guys (Donahoe; Muller; and I think Savage is still there also) on staff, but I am an old man, and would like to see the young studs take over. The game has changed in a lot of ways, and the :old heads" probably can't adjust quickly enough. It's time that we join the new high-tech age. With Chip's high motor offense, we need the front office to keep up with chip's pace.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to argue with back to back 10-6 seasons after we sucked bad....guess you want Chip fired? I liked Reid but it was time for a change. Chip is a smart dude, he will get this fixed.

I'm arguing with back to back 0 playoff wins. And a team that tanked down the stretch. None of Andy's winning teams ever tanked like that down the stretch. Even one of his crappy teams won a bunch of December games.

We didn't suck that bad. Everyone just gave up, Andy was at the end of the road. Those same talented players are still here that Reid drafted. How bad would this defense have been without the contributions of Graham, Curry, Cox, and Kendricks. What would the offense look like without Peters, Kelce, Shady and Maclin? Chip wouldn't even have a blocking TE for his simple run game if Celek wasn't already here.

He might be a smart dude. He might get it fixed. We'll see. He'll certainly have to turn over a new leaf first.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm arguing with back to back 0 playoff wins. And a team that tanked down the stretch. None of Andy's winning teams ever tanked like that down the stretch. Even one of his crappy teams won a bunch of December games.

We didn't suck that bad. Everyone just gave up, Andy was at the end of the road. Those same talented players are still here that Reid drafted. How bad would this defense have been without the contributions of Graham, Curry, Cox, and Kendricks. What would the offense look like without Peters, Kelce, Shady and Maclin? Chip wouldn't even have a blocking TE for his simple run game if Celek wasn't already here.

He might be a smart dude. He might get it fixed. We'll see. He'll certainly have to turn over a new leaf first.
You don't have to tell me all the talent we have was all Andy Reids....I know! :agree:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reading that article tells me that Roseman while good at his job is impossible to work with. In order to have a successful staff your people don't have to like you but they do need to respect you and as a leader you need to be fair. Something that Howie did not seem to do well. It reads as Howie had a his way or the highway mentality and that will never work if you have a really good head coach.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes Andy brought in the talent but Kelly did more with it.

Chip Kelly did far more than Andy Reid was able to with his talent. Andy is a good coach and I will not take that away from him but his last couple years were just bad and we lost consecutive wild card games under Reid near the end there.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Andy brought in the talent but Kelly did more with it.

Chip Kelly did far more than Andy Reid was able to with his talent. Andy is a good coach and I will not take that away from him but his last couple years were just bad and we lost consecutive wild card games under Reid near the end there.

Chip Kelly has never won a playoff game. Let's just state that right away, because we know it's true and we know that Andy took a completely depleted roster and won many many playoff games with it. Andy's first move was his greatest and when Jim Johnson died, yes he had trouble recovering his football team from that loss.

Now I'll get to your post where you repeated the same thing twice but didn't attempt to support the claim. I can only assume that you are talking about the players that I mentioned in my post above. So stating that Chip did more with Fletcher Cox and Mychal Kendricks than Andy did is a bit disingenuous considering Andy only had Cox and Kendricks as rookies. Shady had 17 rushing TD with Andy in 2011. If Chip is doing more with the same talent then why can't Chip get Shady into the freaking endzone?