• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking Eagles News....

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation....Lurie gave Howie a raise and a bullshit promotion to SHUT him the FUCK up and stop Fucking with Chips team! Kudos to Lurie for laying the smack down! Chip the team is yours!

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow this makes it seem like Gamble was an issue and not an issue between Howie and Chip. Interesting hopefully this puts an end to all the Chip is leaving bullshit.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now we have nobody but Chip to blame if the draft is ass. Will be interesting to see how if anything changes. Howie is now just a cap guy, Chip wins.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that chip wins, executive vp of football operations mean Chip and everything below him reports to Howie. Either way it clearly defines Chip as responsible for the roster.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something personnel wise went bad and it was Gamble or Howie's fault. Chip cleary questioned the choice when it happened.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems Chip won, but I wonder if it's just papering over the whole issue with a BS public relations release.

Or perhaps Lurie agreed that a personnel guy was needed, but didn't think it should be Gamble? Weird...

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was a reaction to Gambles firing then I have to really come down on Lurie. He had to have signed off on gamble going. Chip had to have known about it to. These decisions should not be reactionary. If this is then this team is doomed

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a reaction to something that happened last year. Probably the 1st rd pick that Gamble wanted while Chip wanted a CB. Howie probably broke the tie.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now some of these guys can come down off the ledge.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Philly fan on Twitter put it in very Philly perspective: Howie got Tyronn Lue'd

B6YrCHPIYAEMMfJ.jpg:large

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told ya to R-E-L-A-X !

With the "promotion" for Howie, it doesn't affect Chip. He reports directly to Lurie, and has done so when they hired him.

Lurie gets credit for recognizing that Chip is a dynamite coach!

Now, Eagles, let's get a secondary, so we can contend for the SB!!

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie got bitch slapped loving it. Go play with the cap son let the football guys handle things!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be wild if Chip gets Gamble re-hired! I doubt that, but here's a thought:

BILL POLIAN. He was gong to go back to Buffalo, but the $$ weren't right. Maybe Chip gets him here to straighten out the personnel department? Show him the money, and get a big title, another VP? He would give Chip very wise and sound advice about free agents and draft prospects for sure.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could mean a number of things....but which?
Since I'm no fan of Howie I have some concern as to what really happened and why the hell Lurie keeps him like a pet......I could make a suggestion but maybe I should leave well enough alone.
Whoever was responsible for the last draft (I think Chip) needs to keep their hands off personnel issues.
This whole thing gives me pause for concern but since I really don't know why these things are happening I can only wait and see.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here was the email the Eagles sent out to the media today...Written by Jeff Lurie

Today, we made an important announcement and one upon which I would like to offer further perspective.

In the normal process of evaluating the end of the season, I meet with key executives for thorough discussions and evaluations of all aspects of football operations. During those lengthy meetings this week, we discussed a comprehensive approach on how to seamlessly integrate the personnel and coaching departments in order to maximize every facet of the process.

Working with Chip, Howie and Don we came up with what we believe will be a more thorough and thoughtful model that would best be overseen by Chip. It’s most important that we find players that match what our coaches are seeking.

This new approach goes even further than we have in the past starting with Day One of the scouting process. This is part of an all-encompassing vision that takes you from the scouting process all the way to on-field performance.

Howie, Chip and Don are all united in their desire to win. Together, we decided this approach was the best course of action for the Philadelphia Eagles.

You have heard me say many times that I want strong leaders who feel free to express their opinions. And that is what happened here. Chip will now lead this process going forward with the continued full support of Howie, Don and myself.

Chip will not be doing this work by himself, obviously. He has been charged with recruiting and hiring a new personnel executive that will report directly to him and together we will move forward with this new, highly integrated approach.

When I said – after the Giants game – that Howie was returning as general manager next season, I meant that. But after carefully listening and reflecting on the lengthy discussions that I had with our senior team, I changed my mind.

I have a very good relationship with Chip that continues to grow stronger and stronger. When we spoke, he was thoughtful, thorough and professional. There were no demands, no threats- quite the contrary- he was passionate, engaged and articulated a dynamic and clear vision on how this fully integrated approach will work. We look forward to seeing it come to life over time.

Let me also stress that Howie will continue to play a vital role in our operation. He has been elevated to the role of Executive Vice President of Football Operations and received a contract extension.

In closing, we have looked hard at where we are today and what we want to become. We are all united in our desire to win for this city

This paragraph is very telling..... would best be overseen by Chip. It’s most important that we find players that match what our coaches are seeking

translation: Chip needs HIS guys to make HIS system work to it's maximum.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone like Polian might be good. He needs a real NFL scouting expert.

Chip basically got the Belichick power structure without winning a single playoff game... :hope: