• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking Eagles News....

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy even hired 2 great D coordinators when Jim Johnson passed....People were so critical of Mcdermot and Bowles and both guys had top defenses in the NFL this year.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he also fired McDermott, and made a scapegoat out of him, and then compounded it by promoting his O-Line coach to D coordinator. Really Andy??

Don't give me crap about what a great HC Reid is/was. He inherits a top defense, and a good DC, and people rave about him. Right. :lol:

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip did more with the talent than Reid did.
Chip hasn't proven enough yet to give him carte blanche
A quality GM/talent evaluator is needed to correct years of poor drafts.
Howie seems clearly a paranoid type and a power hungry prick....nothing new
Lurie doesn't appear to have handled this situation properly
This coming season is a MUST improve season for Chip's coaching and the Eagles drafting, no if's or buts

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip did more with the talent than Reid did.
Chip hasn't proven enough yet to give him carte blanche
A quality GM/talent evaluator is needed to correct years of poor drafts.
Howie seems clearly a paranoid type and a power hungry prick....nothing new
Lurie doesn't appear to have handled this situation properly
This coming season is a MUST improve season for Chip's coaching and the Eagles drafting, no if's or buts

Good points Wahoo, (oops, I mean Screamin)!
:agree:

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are generally making way too big a deal out of this restructuring. Its really kind of funny how in college, the Head Coach is usually responsible for the whole ball of wax and has may more responsibility than an NFL Head coach. In the pros, its more traditional to have the Coach not directly involved in personnel. There are no right or wrong structures. At the end of the day, they are simply mechanisms to get and retain the best people to do the job.

The Eagles have a Personnel/Scouting department of 15 people. There are several highly experienced people there that ultimately are doing most if not all the legwork required. If anything, the team has suffered from having a few too many chiefs and not enough indians doing the work. This new structure doesn't really change that as much as re-organize it.

It will be curious to see how this plays out and how everyone works together. I could see Howie leaving for Chicago or New York. I could also see him continuing to do many of the things he has done well including trades and helping Kelly understand how other teams value the players on the draft board. If Howie isn't going to do that, than the new guy should have the skills, and more importantly the connections to be effective in that. I see no indication that Kelly is blind to the value of that sort of contribution and expect him to get it one way or another.

This is the slow season for those teams not in the playoffs and unfortunately we have nothing better NFL wise to talk about than this, at least until the predraft process starts up. Its at this point where it become more obvious that the NFL is a large part reality TV and all us guys really aren't that much different than a bunch of women watching a soap opera.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I'll get to your post where you repeated the same thing twice but didn't attempt to support the claim. I can only assume that you are talking about the players that I mentioned in my post above. So stating that Chip did more with Fletcher Cox and Mychal Kendricks than Andy did is a bit disingenuous considering Andy only had Cox and Kendricks as rookies. Shady had 17 rushing TD with Andy in 2011. If Chip is doing more with the same talent then why can't Chip get Shady into the freaking endzone?

You are focusing on stats only and not the overall picture. You ignore a lot of points because it does no suit your argument. It is not about 2 or 3 players (which is all you mention) it is about the entire team. Chip Kelly took the same players that Reid used to go 4-12 and made that team 10-6.

Don't even sit here and mention Red Zone offense. Andy Reid was one of the worst red zone coaches I have even seen. Yes I do think Reid was a good coach but don't pretend that he did anything good in the Red Zone. I did notice Chip Kelly make changes near the end of the season. You did watch the games right? You did notice there are the end Polk was getting the majority of the carries in the Red Zone. That is the sign of a head coach adjusting....Something Reid was not good at.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are focusing on stats only and not the overall picture. You ignore a lot of points because it does no suit your argument. It is not about 2 or 3 players (which is all you mention) it is about the entire team. Chip Kelly took the same players that Reid used to go 4-12 and made that team 10-6.

Don't even sit here and mention Red Zone offense. Andy Reid was one of the worst red zone coaches I have even seen. Yes I do think Reid was a good coach but don't pretend that he did anything good in the Red Zone. I did notice Chip Kelly make changes near the end of the season. You did watch the games right? You did notice there are the end Polk was getting the majority of the carries in the Red Zone. That is the sign of a head coach adjusting....Something Reid was not good at.

So Reid can get Shady, one of the best RBs in the league, into the endzone and Chip can't and you claim this is because Chip is doing something better?:lol:

I did mention the redzone offense and I will again, because savior Chip's redzone offense blows. I suspect he'll keep learning on it. Hopefully he improves.

The 2013 team and 2012 teams did not have all the same players. And way to ignore the entirely new system bringing new life into the organization. That is why Reid is gone, because he became stale on the players. That's fine. All things can't last, but he moved on and kept on winning because he's a winning coach. Comparing Andy's worst year to Chip's best is disingenuous, but I already explained that to you. I bet I even had to explain it to you a year ago.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are arguing in circles Enut....first of all...he got 17 TD's but the Eagles finished 8-8. I thought they were the Philadelphia Eagles not the Philadelphia Shady's so why are you focusing on just his numbers alone. Let's talk about the team and what Kelly was able to do with the TEAM that Reid could not.

Even with a QB as bad as Sanchez the Eagles were top 5 in offense and I have said this several times if the Eagles had even average corners they would have been playing for home field throughout the playoffs.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok fine.

Reid's teams = a whole bunch of playoff wins that's I'd have to go lookup to get the exact number.

Chip's teams = zero playoff wins, which is the same as the number as playoff wins that you have.

The Eagles offense was middle of the pack and runs more plays than everyone else. Go look it up. Our defense and special teams scored like madmen. They were awesome at scoring. The offense was mediocre overall.

I agree that Chip should have gotten some corners instead of telling his personnel department that his corners were fine and they fit exactly what he wants in his CBs.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROFL.....thanks for reminding me who I was "debating" with.

There's no arguing with Eaglesnut since he never makes a point. Just random bitching and never even the slightest attempt at a solution. Unless you count waiting a year and pointing out all the rookies that did well and we didn't draft.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, E-Nut doesn't like Chip. You can never agree on anything with him. A lost cause, so just don't try to argue with him. You'll just get frustrated or mad at him. Not worth it.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no arguing with Eaglesnut since he never makes a point. Just random bitching and never even the slightest attempt at a solution. Unless you count waiting a year and pointing out all the rookies that did well and we didn't draft.

I realized all of that as soon as I read what I quote. It seems Enut is the one person that has not gotten over his man-love for Andy Reid.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take off your Chip colored glasses and look at the season. The special team and defense scored 11 touchdowns. The offense wasn't top ten in scoring.

I love a lot of what Chip does. It is unfathomable to me that he can be so fucking terrible at a few things I expected him to have a handle on. And what's worse is the man love for Chip is so strong that when a fact hits you square in the face, like this offense not really performing that well and sucking in the redzone, you can't accept it because it doesn't fit the false narrative you have of Chip Kelly.

Top 3 in FGs. Tied with the Jets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people just talk out their asses! First off the Eagles were #3 in the entire NFL in scoring! They also averaged 2 points a game more this year than last year. Our offense is one of the best in the NFL! Even with Dirty Sanchez at QB. This is why you don't trade the farm for Mariota but instead Build the Shit out of that Defense through free agency and the draft! We make our defense top 10 and we will be winning playoff games! FACT!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings, I don't think you are emphatic enough! Please stop dancing around the point, and being mamby-pamby, for Pete's sake!! LOL. :)

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you take away the 77 points scored by the D or ST's ... it still leaves us in the top 10 I think. I do see where eagnut is coming from in that there is certainly room for improvement on that side of the ball. For example our QB's threw 27 TD's but also had 22 Int's and fumbled away a few more balls.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you take away the 77 points scored by the D or ST's ... it still leaves us in the top 10 I think. I do see where eagnut is coming from in that there is certainly room for improvement on that side of the ball. For example our QB's threw 27 TD's but also had 22 Int's and fumbled away a few more balls.

Yeah borderline top ten, and we run more plays than everyone else, so our efficiency is even worse than tenth. The turnovers and redzone failures should be an embarrassment for Chip in year two of this. I'm partly hopeful it was some version of a sophomore slump.

It's a damn shame that Shady catching the ball isn't a bigger part of this offense. 28 catches?? That's not genius, that's idiotic. McCoy's just used as a decoy by Chip in the passing game even though he's a terror with the ball in space. Wake up, Chip!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep on hatin' til guys like you get your jollys when he leaves, and we go back to boring, losing football.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep on hatin' til guys like you get your jollys when he leaves, and we go back to boring, losing football.

All he's done is lost the right games to ensure that he doesn't have any playoff wins. We won more before he was here than with him so far. No amount of Chip-love can change that fact. I was pretty Chipped up until I saw what he had to offer during the most important part of our season and how his off-season decisions and in-season decisions all added up to how this team ended the year.