• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Break the whole thing down

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its time to break up the team and start over (with a new coach)
Here's who I'd keep:

ST
Huber

Offense
Zeitler
Boling
Gio
Hill
Sanu

Defense
Dunlap
Gilberry
Geno
Iloka
Nelson (maybe)

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Burfict? No Green?

The team isn't that bad. QB was, and is our issue.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burfict is one more concussion away from being finished.
And i'm done with AJ. He's not as great as everyone seems to think he is.

Dalton is an issue no question, but to act like he is the only thing holding this team back is just plain wrong.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Burfict is one more concussion away from being finished.
And i'm done with AJ. He's not as great as everyone seems to think he is.

Dalton is an issue no question, but to act like he is the only thing holding this team back is just plain wrong.

He's by far the biggest factor. The others? Marvin and you can possibly add Hue and Paul to the list pretty soon.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, it starts with Dalton and Marv.

Personally, for this season, I think the run defense is the biggest problem.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can certainly start with Andy and Marv.... That's true for all teams. If you have a shaky head coach and a shaky quarterback, you can't consistently win.

The defense has been awful this year.... Lots of issues with injuries, but I think we do have to start wondering about Paulie G and whether he's got the chops to be a talented coordinator.

Hue is Hue..... When his teams are in close games or have leads and he can run the ball the offense looks good.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
AJ Green is the best young WR in football and he's still on his rookie contract. You have to consider him the #1 bulding block of the franchise right now

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Green is the best young WR in football and he's still on his rookie contract. You have to consider him the #1 bulding block of the franchise right now

yep.

AJ Green is one of the top 5 receivers in the NFL right now, and possibly the best player on the entire team. he needs to put on some muscle mass to last in the NFL though. he can't be fumbling. Sanu is actually more athletic in that regards.

wouldn't give up on Marvin Jones yet either

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You can certainly start with Andy and Marv.... That's true for all teams. If you have a shaky head coach and a shaky quarterback, you can't consistently win.

The defense has been awful this year.... Lots of issues with injuries, but I think we do have to start wondering about Paulie G and whether he's got the chops to be a talented coordinator.

Hue is Hue..... When his teams are in close games or have leads and he can run the ball the offense looks good.

His offense always peformed well in Oakland given their limited roster. But Dansby said after the game the Browns knew what was coming. OC's get figured out if their playcalling doesn't evolved.

To give Hue, Andy and everyone the benefit of the doubt this is the same Browns defense that made the Steelers look like the worst team in the NFL a couple weeks before they went on the best 2 game run in history

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does AJ always get a pass for not showing up in big games? Oh, that's right its Dalton's fault.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Alf. AJ ain't shit.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all do tend to overrate AJ, but lord almighty, our quarterback is horrible.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Green is the reason that people think Dalton is competent enough to be an NFL QB.

there are 31 teams that would love to have AJ Green and only 1 team stupid enough to sign Dalton to a 100 million dollar contract.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on AJ...he's already checked out mentally. I think he has more diva in him them we like to pretend. Several times last night he didn't really make an effort to make a difficult catch and dropped and easy one on 3rd down. Now, obviously when the QB is tossing dead quails into the grandstands it's hard to be productive...but I think AJ is already gone in his own mind. Doesn't seem invested in this Bengals team anymore.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why does AJ always get a pass for not showing up in big games? Oh, that's right its Dalton's fault.

When you see plays like Sanu wide open in the endzone and Andy throwing the ball out of bounds by far and not even giving his receiver a chance at the ball, how can you blame anyone other than Andy?

He can't complete the deep ball with any accuracy. He can't throw into tight coverage. There is very little he does well.

They showed a stat yesterday of Green being 1 of 4 or 5 players with 4000+ receiving yards in his first 4 seasons. Imagine what he could have done with a real QB.

Jay Gruden was the best thing that could have happened to Andy. We can criticize him for being pass happy all we want, but in his scheme with this talent and o-line, he always had players coming wide open. Many of the passes Andy was responsible for were quick 3 step drops and fire. They were low risk passes, almost as good as a run. And that's about all Andy is consistently capable of doing.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on AJ...he's already checked out mentally. I think he has more diva in him them we like to pretend. Several times last night he didn't really make an effort to make a difficult catch and dropped and easy one on 3rd down. Now, obviously when the QB is tossing dead quails into the grandstands it's hard to be productive...but I think AJ is already gone in his own mind. Doesn't seem invested in this Bengals team anymore.

he came back and played with a turf toe injury Sunday and Thursday.

the people who say that AJ Green is useless or a diva will look stupid later on.

again, there are 31 other teams in the NFL that would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have AJ Green, and only 1 team in the NFL STUPID enough to sign Dalton to a 100 million dollar contract.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many top 5, or top 10 receivers have won a Super Bowl in the last decade and a half?

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he came back and played with a turf toe injury Sunday and Thursday.

the people who say that AJ Green is useless or a diva will look stupid later on.

again, there are 31 other teams in the NFL that would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have AJ Green, and only 1 team in the NFL STUPID enough to sign Dalton to a 100 million dollar contract.

I'm not saying AJ isn't great. I'm not stupid. Hes a top 5 receiver. I'm simply saying that I think he's already made up his mind he's leaving the Bengals. Certainly after our critically acclaimed front office gave the Red Rocket 96 million. And almost certainly after yet another glorious pants shitting performance like last night. We will NOT resign here to play with Andy Dalton. Mike Brown needs to decide who wants to keep. AJ...or Dalton.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we signed Chad Johnson even though it eventually drove Carson Palmer crazy enough to want to leave.

we'll pick Green over Dalton, when they start making excuses about the imaginary salary cap problems.