• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Break the whole thing down

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he came back and played with a turf toe injury Sunday and Thursday.

the people who say that AJ Green is useless or a diva will look stupid later on.

again, there are 31 other teams in the NFL that would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have AJ Green, and only 1 team in the NFL STUPID enough to sign Dalton to a 100 million dollar contract.

Who dey??????

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
our three losses were telling. very bad losses. We're a bottom 5 team. Marvin is terrible.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many top 5, or top 10 receivers have won a Super Bowl in the last decade and a half?

I think I know your answer already...but

Everyone knows Julio and AJ can in the same draft and are FAs after the '15 season.

Because the Falcons have sucked this year the question has been raised.

Would they trade Julio for a #1 pick?

I ask you the same...how does the Bengal Nation feel about trading AJ Green? (assuming you could get a #1 pick)

I'm thinking teams like NE or SEA, maybe even a lower rung team would easily give up a 1st round pick.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade AJ for a 1 in a heartbeat.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade AJ for a 1 in a heartbeat.

So we can draft another Tyler Eifert, Dre Kirkpatrick, Tits McGee, Jermaine Gresham, or Keith Rivers?

AJ was the only first round pick in recent memory that lived up to the hype

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ will cave..... He stands to make modest money next year or huge money next year. I think he becomes completely bengalized, signs on for big money and starts worrying more about what he's going to do off the field rather than on the field.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 50/50 split here in ATL...I would do it if I were the Falcons because they're more than one player away from getting back to a playoff caliber team. They could draft one of these youngsters coming out and pair him with Roddy. Maybe he won't be as good as Julio, but similar production for a whole lot less...use that FA money on a DL player.

For you guys...man...plenty of talent, just injury bugged big time...I can see trading AJ too but I think I would keep AJ...with AJ/Sanu/Jones/Gresham/Eifert/Bernard/Hill...AJ makes all those other guys better...at least from a matchup standpoint...if somebody like the Jets called, I might rethink that, but a low 1st rounder...I wouldn't do it.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 50/50 split here in ATL...I would do it if I were the Falcons because they're more than one player away from getting back to a playoff caliber team. They could draft one of these youngsters coming out and pair him with Roddy. Maybe he won't be as good as Julio, but similar production for a whole lot less...use that FA money on a DL player.

For you guys...man...plenty of talent, just injury bugged big time...I can see trading AJ too but I think I would keep AJ...with AJ/Sanu/Jones/Gresham/Eifert/Bernard/Hill...AJ makes all those other guys better...at least from a matchup standpoint...if somebody like the Jets called, I might rethink that, but a low 1st rounder...I wouldn't do it.

ATL is better off getting rid of White and keeping Jones.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL is better off getting rid of White and keeping Jones.

Probably...but can't get as much for White, plus he doesn't cost near as much and would be willing to take less to finish out here if needed I think.

What's interesting about those two...Julio can make the great splash plays look easy, but when it comes to 3rd down Ryan goes to White probably 2 to 1 over Jones...just more reliable that he will be at the spot the ball is going to.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this team has major problems correctly evaluating talent.
they have major problems signing quality depth players
they have major problems competing in free agency, so they end up drafting to fill needs, and many of the draft picks don't work out.
this team has loyalty issues to players and coaches that don't deserve it

there are reasons why some teams are always on top, and when they change quarterbacks or other key players they still find a way to be one of the best teams in the league, while other teams flounder around in obscurity. If the people running the show don't know what they are doing, then the only way this team will ever attain any resemblance of a championship team is by pure dumb luck.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His offense always peformed well in Oakland given their limited roster. But Dansby said after the game the Browns knew what was coming. OC's get figured out if their playcalling doesn't evolved.

To give Hue, Andy and everyone the benefit of the doubt this is the same Browns defense that made the Steelers look like the worst team in the NFL a couple weeks before they went on the best 2 game run in history

To be fair to Hue, I think there are two things that account for Dansby's comment..... 1) I think guys say this a lot -- They figured out what the other team was going to do. Hell, I think sometimes teams know what the other team is doing and they just can't stop them. You only hear this comment after a defense executes and shuts down the offense. 2) Maybe they did.... But maybe what they figured out was that Dalton is completely limited in the types of passes that are called and will be thrown. This seems to really come up when we get down by 2 scores. If you look at all of Dalton's disastrous performances, they all seem to start with us being down in the game.... Once he has to push the ball downfield, without much threat of a run, he simply can't do it. He doesn't have the physical talent.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That is true. One thing Hue had in Oakland was a great run blocking o-line, and a great RB (when healthy) to compliment it. He could rely on the running game to open the passing game with play action.

In Cincinnati, while the run blocking is good, our o-line excels at pass blocking. Unfortunately, unlike what he had in Oakland with McFadden to compliment the o-line, Hue doesn't have a QB to compliment the pass blocking o-line.

His scheme just isn't a great fit for the personnel here.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true. One thing Hue had in Oakland was a great run blocking o-line, and a great RB (when healthy) to compliment it. He could rely on the running game to open the passing game with play action.

In Cincinnati, while the run blocking is good, our o-line excels at pass blocking. Unfortunately, unlike what he had in Oakland with McFadden to compliment the o-line, Hue doesn't have a QB to compliment the pass blocking o-line.

His scheme just isn't a great fit for the personnel here.

With the exception of Marshall Newhouse.

It's unclear how that guy has a job.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How many top 5, or top 10 receivers have won a Super Bowl in the last decade and a half?

Issac Bruce, Torry Holt, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison and Hines Ward are all legitimate HOF candidates. Plaxico Burress and Greg Jennings were top 10 caliber WRs the year their teams won. Larry Fitzgerald and Randy Moss were the best WRs in the league the year their teams made the SB and they both scored TDs to give their team a lead with a couple minutes left.

Having a QB playing at a high level is the one constant on SB teams. Other than that surrouding them with as many top flight players on both sides of the ball is the way to go.

As long as AJ Green is healthy he deserves to be paid imo

Last edited by a moderator:

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They will get paid...but after the Wallace deal in MIA, and a few other the article mentions, I do think teams would like to see that number go down for #1 WRs. One guy is not enough...in the game today, you got to have 3 and that 3rd guy is commanding good money too.

Wallace is good, but he's a one trick pony playing with a QB who has a strong arm but lacks touch on deep passes. He went from the perfect QB to complement his skillset to a bad fit.

That shouldn't effect the market for a Dez Bryant or an AJ Green

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tampa bay and oakland put up more of a fight against Cleveland than we did (mostly because of Dalton)

this makes us a the worst team in football with Dalton at the helm.

ok, I know that's impossible to know, but we'll soon find out for sure.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace is good, but he's a one trick pony playing with a QB who has a strong arm but lacks touch on deep passes. He went from the perfect QB to complement his skillset to a bad fit.

That shouldn't effect the market for a Dez Bryant or an AJ Green

I see little difference between Wallace and Green.