• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Break the Funk soon

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think the team was expecting more offensive output from Zajac and Henrique.
I think the team was hoping for more offensive output from other young guys like JJ.
Still early and the team is sitting in a decent position in the standings (only 2 out of first in division and 3 for conference)

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of us have been complaining since the Devils never properly replaced Parise.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team was expecting more offensive output from Zajac and Henrique.
I think the team was hoping for more offensive output from other young guys like JJ.
Still early and the team is sitting in a decent position in the standings (only 2 out of first in division and 3 for conference)

Agree with what you mentioned. My thing is that we were waiting for the return of Henrique and now he has returned. But he was on the roster last season. Parise wasn't replaced. Heck, Sykora's offense wasn't replaced either.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zajac really needs to start producing more than anybody. He got the contract, he's our topline guy and we were looking for him to shoulder most of the burden left by Parise's departure. We need him to get it going in order to really contend.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are overstocked on D right now. Gotta believe at least 1 of our NHL D, a young forward and maybe a pick go at the trade deadline

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hear you SJ, but who do you replace Parise with? Tradeprobably is our only option and we all know, to get a guy like Parise (if he even exists), you need to trade a ton of assets.

I dont think Semin was the answer via free agency.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
zajac slumping def is hurting the scoring. the team played last season without him so it should be easy to kinda replace parise numbers with zajac. travis should be 20g 40a type player and thats on the low side imo. henrique i expected a sophmore slump and we are going to get it. i really dont see the devils making a move imo poni was it.

i think thats stupid because like someone mentioned we have depth on the back line and most of our prospects are defensemen. so even if we dont move any of our current d this year...whats the plan for next camp? i want to see some youth back there. hell trade say tallendar for a 3rd or 4th im fine iwth it

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
harrold hasnt even got in a game this year.

as for sykora i dont think he wouldve put up another 20 goals this season.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great question. Was hoping for Bobby Ryan but that doesn't look realistic at the moment. Just hoping Lou has something up his sleeve. As someone already stated, we need another scorer to make us a true contender. This team isn't going to sneak up on anyone this postseason like we may have last season. If the move doesn't come until the offseason, so be it, as long as something gets done to improve the team.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Sh*t... we're in 6th? i thought we were maintaining first or third at worst...

WAKE THE FUCK UP DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think PDB should give them a beachball at practice, maybe burn his Hendrix hockey cutout in a barrel or something to get this team focused again.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The smell is strong.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have an interesting opinion on this: Our biggest problem at the moment is that Deboer's system really does rely on a significant forecheck. Here's the problem, we lost the best forechecker in the league to FA, and Zubrus who was probably second best is hurt. This obviously has significantly hurt the pk and our 5v5 play.

So here's what I'd do. Generally, the first man in is a winger, this is especially true for Travis who is unbelievably responsible in all three zones. Now, you need to figure out who can be that first man in. Parise and ZUbrus were to 2 best we had.

Who can fill in?

My two picks:

Henrique and Bernier:

Henrique obviously has abilities similar to Parise, but he's limited by his position when he's playing center. However, we've seen how good he can be and he obviously has the will to get back on the play. You can see a whole lot of Parise's hustle in this kid, and we're going to need him to step-up.

Bernier is a bull on the forecheck, he's a huge guy, and a lot of the time you don't realize it because he's a great skater.

So I would do the following...

Kovalchuk-Elias-Bernier
Henrique-Zajac-Clarkson

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an interesting opinion on this: Our biggest problem at the moment is that Deboer's system really does rely on a significant forecheck. Here's the problem, we lost the best forechecker in the league to FA, and Zubrus who was probably second best is hurt. This obviously has significantly hurt the pk and our 5v5 play.

So here's what I'd do. Generally, the first man in is a winger, this is especially true for Travis who is unbelievably responsible in all three zones. Now, you need to figure out who can be that first man in. Parise and ZUbrus were to 2 best we had.

Who can fill in?

My two picks:

Henrique and Bernier:

Henrique obviously has abilities similar to Parise, but he's limited by his position when he's playing center. However, we've seen how good he can be and he obviously has the will to get back on the play. You can see a whole lot of Parise's hustle in this kid, and we're going to need him to step-up.

Bernier is a bull on the forecheck, he's a huge guy, and a lot of the time you don't realize it because he's a great skater.

So I would do the following...

Kovalchuk-Elias-Bernier
Henrique-Zajac-Clarkson

I like it. I think in addition to the benefit of Bernier hard on teh forecheck putting Elias with Kovy should get him going

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something has to be done. I honestly don't know what at this point though.

devil421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
I know the team overall isnt playing well but Moose is not giving us a chance to win. I mean really,3 goals on 11 shots? He's been swiss cheese and it's getting worse. Marty in net gives the team an extra confidence boost to take risks because they know he'll bail them out. Moose isn't doing it. Jeez Marty please come back before we go from 1st in the conference to out of the playoff picture. There's not many games left here!!!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
we have two old goalies. one 40 and the other 39. they both have the same problem but different reasons.

age....marty is showing his with his injuries...moose with his play. remember dwayne rolonson? guy led tampa to the ECF 2 years ago and then boom nothing and he was i believe 41 at the time? its the risk we took with going old in goal.

missing parise is HUGE beyond huge...think hes regretting not staying? outside the money the wild are an average team and after his hot start he has cooled down big time!

another problem is i dont really remember the forecheck being all that dominate in the regular season last year. in the playoffs playing the same team 7x in 2 weeks you will be able to see how dominate it is. i think last year regular season we just had the horses scoring the goals...this year we dont..and you cant rely on the forecheck alone like many people thought after the playoff run. cant score all your goals from the boards yo uhave to take the puck to the middle of the ice!