• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Break the Funk soon

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys have been stinking it up of late. Good thing they managed to win a few of the games they stunk in.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guh..... I've been consumed with little league baseball & caught the Devils highlights just now. When we have a lead we have to protect that. Hope Marty's OK cause I don't think Moose can do it on a regular basis.

KingOfNJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Team has played bad over the past few weeks

Agree with you 20, at least we found a way ton win a few games while playing like this.

Need to find a few lines that stick, offense has looked WEAK the past few weeks.

With that said,I really like the Loktionov kid. He's got skill. Keep him on a line with Kovy and Clarkson, who can work the boards and win the loose puck battles for a few games. I think they would click.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or are we lacking leadership..... Somebody needs to get the pimp-hand and start smacking bitches. LOL

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before, but I think we need to add another scorer to this team. I didn't realize it until I just looked at the stats, but our top 3 scorers are:

Elias: 22 Points
Kovy: 17 Points
Clarky: 17 Points

Outside of those 3 there is a huge drop off to Greene and Zids with 8 points each. That is a problem. We need to get points from somewhere else. Henrique and Zajac need to get their act together and start producing. I'd also like to bring in another guy that can put pucks in the net. Our top 3 scorers and Bernier are the only guys with 5 or more goals.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before, but I think we need to add another scorer to this team. I didn't realize it until I just looked at the stats, but our top 3 scorers are:

Elias: 22 Points
Kovy: 17 Points
Clarky: 17 Points

Outside of those 3 there is a huge drop off to Greene and Zids with 8 points each. That is a problem. We need to get points from somewhere else. Henrique and Zajac need to get their act together and start producing. I'd also like to bring in another guy that can put pucks in the net. Our top 3 scorers and Bernier are the only guys with 5 or more goals.

I think Lou is thinking th2 same thing:

Are Devils' defensemen trade bait for a top six forward? | NJ.com

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with PDB about the following:

"When you're losing you're not comfortable with the entire group (defensemen and forwards). I don't think we're as bad as our record over the last five or six games indicates. And I think we probably weren't as good as our record through the first six or seven games indicates."

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's why i didn't understand the poni move. He's a role player this team is loaded with that type.

Who is a trade option on the team? Kovy elias clarkson henrique zajac all are staying. The gionta line is staying. Lokitonov is staying. They just traded for poni he's staying. So that leaves 2 spots. Butler h
as been ok. So that leaves one spot. Then you have mattuea who just wasted a year of his contract then. Then what about zubrus when he returns.

I guess we will see. However this team is playing at the level i thought they were going to be playing at.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why i didn't understand the poni move. He's a role player this team is loaded with that type.

Who is a trade option on the team? Kovy elias clarkson henrique zajac all are staying. The gionta line is staying. Lokitonov is staying. They just traded for poni he's staying. So that leaves 2 spots. Butler h
as been ok. So that leaves one spot. Then you have mattuea who just wasted a year of his contract then. Then what about zubrus when he vkes

Could've been a depth move for a future trade? It's possible we could move any of the bottom 6 guys, or maybe Poni is part of a package trade? Who knows.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Out of the bottom 6.

Gionta bernier carter lokotoniov butler mattuea and even poni. Who do you trade out of that? 2 of the players are newly picked up. Gionta line is solid for what it is. Butler is fine in the 3rd 4th line role.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This team is built for the playoffs I really believe that. You roll the 4 lines which you can do and the top players are going to score goals. Regular season is a bit different. One night u might need to score 5 goals. How many playoff games did we need to score 5 goals?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of the bottom 6.

Gionta bernier carter lokotoniov butler mattuea and even poni. Who do you trade out of that? 2 of the players are newly picked up. Gionta line is solid for what it is. Butler is fine in the 3rd 4th line role.

Teds and JJ could be moved. Let's say we didn't get Poni and the Russian kid, our trade pieces become a bit thinner and who do we call up to replace the guys that left then? This at least gives us some flexibility.

I don't know though, that's just my guess.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will break this funk!!!!

alas... has someone of NYR origin found a Nj Devil voodoo doll!!??!?!??!

quick call for help!

220px-Bat-signal_1989_film.jpg

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody know of top 6 wingers that are available/realistic options?

Ales Hemsky's name keeps being thrown around out of Edmonton. Kyle Okposo seems to be a scapegoat for the Islanders, I think he still can be a legit player.

The big names that I doubt we have a shot at are Iginla, Alfredson and Kessel.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another scorer is an absolute must. Can't believe Lou didn't get somebody prior to the season. We lost Parise and to a lesser degree, Sykora. He had to bring in a known scorer. These mystery guys are cool (Butler, Loki) but I want this team to bring in a guy who I know can light the lamp.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well again, we weren't calling for a scorer when we were scoring right? we're in a funk by definition. Let's see if we can get out of this with the current corps of guys.

Honestly, again, i like to hold on to Matteau, Butler and now Lokti to see they can really develope in our system.

But if its for a top 5 player though, obviously you make it but hold on IMO...

cuz i doubt a move could be made without giving up some of the kids... we do need another quick wrister type shooter IMO, i'm hoping Butler can be that guy.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well again, we weren't calling for a scorer when we were scoring right? we're in a funk by definition. Let's see if we can get out of this with the current corps of guys.

Honestly, again, i like to hold on to Matteau, Butler and now Lokti to see they can really develope in our system.

But if its for a top 5 player though, obviously you make it but hold on IMO...

cuz i doubt a move could be made without giving up some of the kids... we do need another quick wrister type shooter IMO, i'm hoping Butler can be that guy.

I don't think trading for a goal scorer is a knee jerk reaction to our current skid. It seems like more of a neccessity for a legit title run in my opinion.

I think we can get a solid player without selling the farm. We have 2 NHL ready D that are healthy scratches each night, at least 2 NHL caliber forwards in the AHL and assuming Zubrus comes back we will have at least 1 more odd man out in terms of forwards. I think we could create an enticing package without crippling ourselves in the long run.