• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braylon Edwards 2011

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just read the article that MW posted in the Williams thread and needed to post this about Braylon.

I really hope he's back next year. I hope we can get him for a good price. I know the performance hasn't been what we expected or hoped for, but every time he speaks he surprises me. Not in a NN way where I assumed he was a thug that couldn't put together a simple sentence and it turns out he's well-spoken, but in the way he appears to have completely bought into the team.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. He doesn't seem like a good fit in this offense, IMO. Maybe it's the injury, but it seems like we're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with him.

I do agree that he's been saying all the right things. Even before we started winning.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
given our cap situation, he will most likely be our best option

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once healthy and at full speed, i don't see why he couldn't play a big part in our offense(that and he and Alex should get on the same page)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Believe it or not, Edwards is the best WR on this team. He has a slight edge ahead of Crabtree. I don't care if he spoke like a thug! I like the guy and hope he ends his career with us. This year is a fluke in terms of lack of production. When Kaepernick takes over, Edwards will benefit from Colin's strong arm (ability to hit receivers in stride down the field).

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, Edwards is the best WR on this team. He has a slight edge ahead of Crabtree. I don't care if he spoke like a thug! I like the guy and hope he ends his career with us. This year is a fluke in terms of lack of production. When Kaepernick takes over, Edwards will benefit from Colin's strong arm (ability to hit receivers in stride down the field).

Aaaah, taking this one step further, do you Prime taking over as QB in the near future?

Texas9erFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dunno. I'm not sold on Edwards. Browns fans said all he ever did was drop the ball. And so far they've been right.
Bring on Kyle Williams!

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd also be in favor of resigning him to a fair contract, and would definitely like to draft a rookie WR to develop behind him.

If the choice is between Braylon and Morgan, that's pretty tough for me. Braylon's more explosive, but Morgan has good rapport, is younger, is a really good blocker and fits the offense very well. For one year I'd want Braylon, but long term drafting a rookie early and keeping Morgan as a #3 wouldn't be a bad way to go.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine Edwards being impossible to re-sign. An injury riddled season rarely results in a top dollar contract... unless he comes back healthy in the playoffs and pulls a Plaxico from 2007. I'd also like to bring him back. This team needs WRs, and he has shown to be a really good one in the past.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Barring a break-out in the post-season, Edwards should be relatively reasonably priced. I know he's said he wants to be in SF, but I can't help but wonder if he wouldn't prefer to go somewhere that has a more aggressive passing attack, though. Between the Jets and the Niners, his last two stops have been very run-heavy teams. For that matter, other than his pro bowl season, Cleveland wasn't exactly a high-flying offense. I've got no problem bringing him back if the price is right, even if it's another one-year deal to show what he can do when healthy.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Edwards's knee is right after this season- I want him back for sure. Great blocking WR, great route-runner and redzone threat. If his knee is right, he can get down the field and make some big catches on deep balls too.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am divided on Edwards.

As with Imac & Clyde I like what I here from him and the sense of commitment he exhibits to the team. I love the idea of Braylon, 6'3" 215 he's our Calvin, our Andre, the guy that draws two and can beat them both, whether he's coming across the middle, streaking down the sideline or out-jumping defenders in the back of the end zone.

So I like what he says and what he represents, I just need to see more of what he can do. Thus far I'm not impressed. The one-hander in pre-season was spectacular, the no-hander vs. the Ravens was pathetic. Everything in middle has been at best, 'eh'.

I expect Edwards will be targeted heavily over these last four games as he auditions to remain with the team in '12; and, for the first two reasons I stated above, I hope he passes the audition in spectacular fashion.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am divided on Edwards.

As with Imac & Clyde I like what I here from him and the sense of commitment he exhibits to the team. I love the idea of Braylon, 6'3" 215 he's our Calvin, our Andre, the guy that draws two and can beat them both, whether he's coming across the middle, streaking down the sideline or out-jumping defenders in the back of the end zone.

So I like what he says and what he represents, I just need to see more of what he can do. Thus far I'm not impressed. The one-hander in pre-season was spectacular, the no-hander vs. the Ravens was pathetic. Everything in middle has been at best, 'eh'.

I expect Edwards will be targeted heavily over these last four games as he auditions to remain with the team in '12; and, for the first two reasons I stated above, I hope he passes the audition in spectacular fashion.

Pretty much how i feel. I think these last 4 games will tell us something as will the playoffs. I would love to sign him if he can come at a reasonable price barring what he does to finish this year. I have a feeling he wants to come back another year and prove that this season was a fluke.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With how banged up he was this year, we might be in position to give him another 1 yr contract with high performance incentives. Really think that he'll help us in the playoffs this year.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Crabtree develop into a #1. I'm not sure of the contract status of Josh Morgan but Crabtree, Morgan, Williams could be nice if we could get them all healthy.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd like to see Crabtree develop into a #1. I'm not sure of the contract status of Josh Morgan but Crabtree, Morgan, Williams could be nice if we could get them all healthy.

Morgan is a FA at the end of this year.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morgan is a FA at the end of this year.

We'll see how it all pans out. You never know what will happen. Braylon will have to play strong in the playoffs for us to consider bringing him back. He really hasn't shown up thus far. I'm liking what I see out of Crabtree so far this season. Harbaugh just needs to instill some more of the blue collar work mentality and make him the player he has the skills to become.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm actually leaning towards wanting the Niners to roll the dice on Desean Jackson at WR. I know he's a numb nuts, but he's killed his stock this season; and I think his stock is hitting a valley & will peak again.

I REALLY don't like the guy, but I like what I think Harbaugh could do with him in the offense.

Last edited by a moderator: