• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bravo! Series Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pedro doubled to the opposite field off one of the tougher lefty relievers in the National League, and in a two-strike count no less.

It's just good sign after good sign with him right now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tabata looks to be heating up as well, all of a sudden.

Who predicted that one? :rolleyes:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Braves broadcasters mentioned that Adam LaRoche was off to a fast start. I didn't believe them, but it's true.

.333 average, 4 HR, 17 RBI, .963 OPS.

What? :noidea:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pedro doubled to the opposite field off one of the tougher lefty relievers in the National League, and in a two-strike count no less.

It's just good sign after good sign with him right now.

John Wehner was talking about this during the broadcast, but Pedro is reaching pitches he would have swung right through a few weeks ago. And his stance looks a little more athletic, not relaxed like before. He looks like he is ready to attack the ball, instead of react to the ball.

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tabata looks to be heating up as well, all of a sudden.

Who predicted that one? :rolleyes:

Yes, Darkstone, that was you that called Tabata heating up. LOL!

I like it. Despite todays tough loss, I remain very encouraged with this team.

These bats on this team are starting to get a little warm & if we can get the offense to heat up a bit, I really like this staff & this pen & with an improved offense, as the season goes along, I think we have the pitching this yr to first, get into the division race & stay in the race all yr.

Getting Karstens back in this rotation, healthy & pitching well, will only improve the season outlook even more.

Let's hope the bats keep warming to the task.

The most encouraging aspect of the team right now, for me, continues to be Pedro. He is definitly showing some signs of things starting to click in.

Presley has been great too, in my eyes. Tabata is, as Darkstone called it, starting to get warm.

I was not happy with Cutch's Abs today though.

Oh well, things are continuing to look up for the Pirates.

Let's get the win tomorrow & split this tough series.

Let's Go Bucs!

Burgh

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't want to be known as the rumor-starter but I'm preeeeeeeettttty sure I remember McC being originally from somewhere around Atlanta. Maybe he was partying and banging chicks he knew from high school?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to be known as the rumor-starter but I'm preeeeeeeettttty sure I remember McC being originally from somewhere around Atlanta. Maybe he was partying and banging chicks he knew from high school?

Didn't he grow up in Bradenton?

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You could be right. I was not fact-checking when I wrote my rumor.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, let's get a win today and split the series. We need McCutchen's bat back and warm, and Pedro and Jose to keep hitting like they have been so far this series.

McDonald takes the bump for the Buccos looking to build off of a very impressive outing last time he pitched, and Minor will pitch for the Braves, and he's been quite good his last few starts as well. It could be another pitchers duel, but I would like to see us really break out with the bats today, as unlikely as that seems.

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So pedro hit another hr, his ba is above .200 now and he might actually be leading the team in ops now - which is still sad.
Also - gerrit cole with 6 ip (so far), 6 k, 1 bb, 1 h, 0 er. His era is in the 3s and trending down. I think he and taillon both have to go to AA before the seasons out at this rate.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we scored 6 runs.
hit 2 homers.
alvaraz on fire.
tabata a double.
our 3, 4 hitters with nothing and still score 6 runs in 6 innings.
we will hit 500 in the next 10 games.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
alright, pedro is tied for fourth in NL with 5 HR's. Is that even possible. i cant believe i just wrote that.

also, remember my baseball idol, Pops, chicken on the hill with will. 1971 and his record setting april, 11 HRs. i know he doesnt have the record anymore, but kemp just hit 12 on april 30th. just brought back boyhood memories of those magical days when world series were on in the afternoon and we watched some in school. listening to bob prince every evening on the front porch overlooking the monongehela.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we have 9 runs. that is almost a weeks worth for us.
is anyone else baseball superstitious. like, when you score a bunch one game, you turn around and lose the next one 3-2 or 2-1 and wish you would have saved some for that next game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have 9 runs. that is almost a weeks worth for us.
is anyone else baseball superstitious. like, when you score a bunch one game, you turn around and lose the next one 3-2 or 2-1 and wish you would have saved some for that next game.

Usually, yes. But in the case of this team, they needed this for their collective confidence at the dish.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw Pedro's home run. (I was in a seminar during the game.) His hands looked very quick. And that ball was a laser.

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This upcoming Cardinals series is key. If the Bucs can play well against this team & even possibly, win the series? The Bucs may be in line to start making some noise in this division.

Pedro is on fire. Walker & Tabata,are really starting to hit well. Presley, has been solid. If we can get Cutch going again? I really feel we have the pitching to hang with the Cards, even in there own park. However, the Cards are getting a really good hitter in Allen Craig back. Possibly Tuesday.

This will be a good test to see where the Bucs are as a team. A Measuring Stick Series.

The Cards are the champs. However, the Bucs are really starting to play well, in my opinion.

Let's hope we can raise it a couple of times in this series.

Let's Go Bucs!

Burgh

magnumo

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dare we hope that Pedro is figuring it out?

Dare we hope that the front office made the right decision in keeping him in Pittsburgh?

Right now, it looks like it. And if it continues, I will never have been so happy to be wrong in my entire life.