• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Browner is a piece of shit. Tells teammates to break Sherman's arm

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I saw as a Saints fan last year, that will be very difficult.
Seattle actually has safety help. Entirely different scenario he's coming into here. He does have substantial flaws, but simply being asked to press and cover the outside against larger receivers is something he's proven he can do. He still gets burned now and then, but with Earl back there Seattle doesn't worry about it that much.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an article on ESPN.com that suggests that Browner might have to earn a spot on the roster, much less a starting spot now that both Lane and Shead have proved capable of playing the position well when healthy. It also suggests that if he gets on the roster, but isn't a starter, he could be used to cover tight ends and/or bigger/more physical receivers. If he's not going to start, that's the role I'd like to see him in. I don't want to call our coverage of opposing tight ends a disaster the past couple of years, but they've been able to do a lot of damage. Having Browner's size and physicality in there could help with that.

How Brandon Browner fits into the Seahawks' CB picture

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an article on ESPN.com that suggests that Browner might have to earn a spot on the roster, much less a starting spot now that both Lane and Shead have proved capable of playing the position well when healthy. It also suggests that if he gets on the roster, but isn't a starter, he could be used to cover tight ends and/or bigger/more physical receivers. If he's not going to start, that's the role I'd like to see him in. I don't want to call our coverage of opposing tight ends a disaster the past couple of years, but they've been able to do a lot of damage. Having Browner's size and physicality in there could help with that.

Sounds about right to me. Big receivers like TEs and run support ( like having a extra LB in) that's what gives him a chance to make the roster. Worth a flyer on him.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll call our TE coverage a disaster. These guys are open all day and night.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll call our TE coverage a disaster. These guys are open all day and night.

Yeah, for sure the Seahawks had big time trouble with TEs last year and other receivers that could find that weak spot in the seam. Seemed like the hand off( of the receiver) to the safety just wasn't in sync. Sure hope that gets fixed.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, for sure the Seahawks had big time trouble with TEs last year and other receivers that could find that weak spot in the seam. Seemed like the hand off( of the receiver) to the safety just wasn't in sync. Sure hope that gets fixed.

That's usually our strength is to jam the receiver at the line. They have a full year of tape so I expect it to be back to form.