• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Branden Albert Trade Looking Likely

Vedder79

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the draft quickly approaching it is looking more and more like Albert will be dealt to the Dolphins by day 2 of the draft.

Dolphins willing to meet Branden Albert's demands - NFL.com

To be honest, I really like Albert but given the situation of the draft and the contract it makes sense to deal him, take whoever the Chiefs view as the best LT and hope that Stephenson has developed into a serviceable RT which may be a pretty big gamble.

What are you thoughts on trading Albert for a mid 2nd rounder?

Go Chiefs!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the draft quickly approaching it is looking more and more like Albert will be dealt to the Dolphins by day 2 of the draft.

Dolphins willing to meet Branden Albert's demands - NFL.com

To be honest, I really like Albert but given the situation of the draft and the contract it makes sense to deal him, take whoever the Chiefs view as the best LT and hope that Stephenson has developed into a serviceable RT which may be a pretty big gamble.

What are you thoughts on trading Albert for a mid 2nd rounder?

Go Chiefs!

it's clear the man's unhappy imo, so i'd say do it. the Chiefs imo are gonna need some more linebacker and OL help anyways. also hoping they trade out of the #1 pick and stockpile an extra one in the second or third round. we'll see what the Chiefs front office does, but that's be my hope...

CL67

Vedder79

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's clear the man's unhappy imo, so i'd say do it. the Chiefs imo are gonna need some more linebacker and OL help anyways. also hoping they trade out of the #1 pick and stockpile an extra one in the second or third round. we'll see what the Chiefs front office does, but that's be my hope...

CL67

Good seeing you here CL and thanks again for the recommendation of this site, it's pretty solid.

I most certainly agree that it would be in our best interest to be able to trade down a few slots from number 1 but I just don't see it happening this year given what's available in the draft. I'm holding out hope that it does but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Given the Albert situation it makes sense to trade him but I'm a little concerned about the RT situation. Stephenson could end up being very good but he may also need more time. That said, Winston was a turn stile last season so I doubt that Stephenson could be much worse. Bakridi from Colorado may make a nice pick in the third if he is available but I'd definitely like to see a more solid option behind Stephenson than Schwartz.

Just my thoughts,

Go Chiefs!

Looking forward to seeing what happens in the draft.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant to say Bakhtiari from Colorado.

Go Chiefs!

i kinda figured. lol no worries, man...

i was trying to figure out how to get some more of the guys over to this site from CBS(Death2Broncos2, hoooschiefs, etc.). wondering if they still even bother to go that site at all...

CL67

Vedder79

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, would be good to get a few other posters over here. I posted again on the main message board to recommend this site. Hopefully a few of them migrate here. Strange how CBS just got up and did away with the message boards like that. Were some pretty good discussions going on. Hopefully we can get a few of them over here.

Go Chiefs!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Vedder79

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is now a very interesting situation. With the draft over and no left tackles of note on the FA Market, if I'm the Chiefs, the asking price for Albert has just gone up. The Dolphins may have shot themselves in the foot when they traded the 41st pick. I don't care how much talent they surround Tannenhill with, if he spends the entire game worried about getting flattened from his blind side, he won't find them.

Go Chiefs!

Vedder79

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update on Albert. Looks like we'll be attempting to sign him long term or lose him to FA next year, barring a trade during the season. I still see Miami as a possible suitor in spite of this article for the reasons in the above post. After two games of watching Tannenhill getting flattened from his blind side they'll be on the phone to KC.

Branden Albert trade talks dead; Chiefs seek new deal - NFL.com

Go Chiefs!

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update on Albert. Looks like we'll be attempting to sign him long term or lose him to FA next year, barring a trade during the season. I still see Miami as a possible suitor in spite of this article for the reasons in the above post. After two games of watching Tannenhill getting flattened from his blind side they'll be on the phone to KC.

Branden Albert trade talks dead; Chiefs seek new deal - NFL.com

Go Chiefs!

read this story on KCChiefs.com and hoping he's got his head screwed on straight and signs long term. if he does i'm REALLY looking forward to what our O-line can do...

CL67

Vedder79

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read this story on KCChiefs.com and hoping he's got his head screwed on straight and signs long term. if he does i'm REALLY looking forward to what our O-line can do...

CL67

I completely agree with you here. Long term deal with Albert would give us the key pieces to building an exceptional OL.

Go Chiefs!