• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady Suspended?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not trying to be a dick here,but woody is actually more right than tedy

I'm still waiting for someone to show me proof that says Brady told dumb and dumber to fool with the footballs AFTER they were checked by the ref. Maybe I just missed it in all the minutia that has been flying through the stratosphere since the report came out.

Art Vandelay

Latex Importer/Exporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest issue I have is with the halftime measurements. Walt Anderson stated that his best recollection was that he used the Wilson air gauge to test the balls before the game. At halftime, two gauges were used. The halftime readings from the Wilson air gauge showed the balls were within the acceptable level of deflation. The Wells report states that it does not think that Anderson's best recollection of having used the Wilson air gauge before the game is correct. Of course, the report offers no basis for this conclusion, so one can only assume that the report's entire basis for said conclusion is that if it didn't operate under the assumption that Anderson's recollection was incorrect, the balls would not have been deflated below the acceptable amount of PSI, and there would be no basis to assume a violation.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont believe he was suspended for the balls,i think it had more to do with the cooperation part.ped's you can fail twice before you get 4 games (mandatory per CBA)so they gave him 4 & appeal will be 2

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belicheck was heard to say...."We're on to Jimmy Garoppolo."

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont believe he was suspended for the balls,i think it had more to do with the cooperation part.ped's you can fail twice before you get 4 games (mandatory per CBA)so they gave him 4 & appeal will be 2

Myself, I'm not upset with the suspension. Fuck that. This could be a replay of Mo Lewis/Bledsoe. I think what pisses most people off is the draft picks being taken away. That has an affect or could for years. It's unwarranted and totally egregious given the report.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still waiting for someone to show me proof that says Brady told dumb and dumber to fool with the footballs AFTER they were checked by the ref. Maybe I just missed it in all the minutia that has been flying through the stratosphere since the report came out.
I have to ask you this.you dont really think they were trying to set tom up do you?

Art Vandelay

Latex Importer/Exporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But there's a precedent for lack of cooperation. Favre: $50,000 for failing to turn over his cell phone. Chargers: $25,000 for failing to cooperate with the investigation of their equipment violation.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some more fair and equal treatment by the league.

Suh penalty overturned because

Ndamukong Suh of Detroit Lions wins appeal, will play in playoff game vs. Dallas Cowboys

The rule, from the Player Policy Manual, reads:

"The repeat offender policy has been modified for 2014 in terms of what a player must do in order to be removed from the 'repeat offender' category. Specifically, any player who violates a safety-related rule will be considered a potential repeat offender and will be treated as such should he commit a further violation during a subsequent period of 32 consecutive games. After that period, the player will no longer be considered a potential repeat offender and will be subject to discipline as a first-time offender should he commit an additional violation. For the purposes of calculating the 32-game period, preseason, regular season, and post-season games will be counted; however, only two of the 32 games can be preseason games."

two years.

Of course some may say that this is worse than trying to injure one of the best players in the league... :rolleyes2:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there's a precedent for lack of cooperation. Favre: $50,000 for failing to turn over his cell phone. Chargers: $25,000 for failing to cooperate with the investigation of their equipment violation.
This is where i think spygate comes into play,

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where i think spygate comes into play,

Brady had nothing to do with that, but regardless, they got whacked for BB doing spygate. Big fines and lost of a first round pick. They have no standing to give out punishment for something they already punished them for.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady had nothing to do with that, but regardless, they got whacked for BB doing spygate. Big fines and lost of a first round pick. They have no standing to give out punishment for something they already punished them for.
Just my opinion,but i think BB has more influence on this than people think

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is so hard to understand? The league didn't have anything other than the Colts and Ravens bitching and whining. They appeased the Ravens by not allowing ineligible receivers to line up off the tackle.

This leads Roger Goodell to hire an "independent" investigator, Ted Wells. Imagine yourself in the NFL Commissioner's office as he talks to Ted Wells. Ted, I need you to investigate a possible rules violation by one of our teams. You can talk to anyone from the New England Patriots, the Indianapolis Colts and/or the league office who were in attendance at the AFC Championship Game. I want this report to be unbiased, factual and most important, totally honest and forthright. If you can't find any direct activity by any individual, so be it. There can't be any accusations or guessing. The integrity of the NFL is on the line.

Roger Goodell only refers to the integrity of the NFL when it suits his purpose. He's got employees leaking false information on a daily basis, he's got NFL employees stealing balls and selling them on the black market and he's got owners who are drug dealers and addicted to drugs.

Roger Goodell has had a hard-on for the New England Patriots since Bill Belichick left his beloved New York Jets to become the HC of the NEP.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest issue I have is with the halftime measurements. Walt Anderson stated that his best recollection was that he used the Wilson air gauge to test the balls before the game. At halftime, two gauges were used. The halftime readings from the Wilson air gauge showed the balls were within the acceptable level of deflation. The Wells report states that it does not think that Anderson's best recollection of having used the Wilson air gauge before the game is correct. Of course, the report offers no basis for this conclusion, so one can only assume that the report's entire basis for said conclusion is that if it didn't operate under the assumption that Anderson's recollection was incorrect, the balls would not have been deflated below the acceptable amount of PSI, and there would be no basis to assume a violation.

Yeah it's was an absolutely massacred sting operation from a technical standpoint: The facts needed to establish deflation beyond what occurs naturally simply aren't there.

1) No measurements taken pregame - either team
2) Use of non calibrated gauges
3) Above
4) Colts balls meant to be used as a control - only 4 measured
5) The 4 Colts balls that were measured, were brought inside and allowed to warm up for an unspecified amount of time before measurements were taken.... and 3 of the 4 still were under spec.

What a botch job.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CE0U48KVIAAXWBx.jpg

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet the report said he had nothing to do with it or any knowledge of it. can't have it both ways.

There is zero consistency with the NFL. BB should have been suspended for a year. Sean Payton got suspended for a year and he knew nothing about Bountygate. How do you suspend one coach and not the other?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is zero consistency with the NFL. BB should have been suspended for a year. Sean Payton got suspended for a year and he knew nothing about Bountygate. How do you suspend one coach and not the other?

the main difference I see is that in the case of the Saints it had to do with strategy on the field and coaches should know what all that is, unlike if some rogue ball boy is sneaking into the bathroom to deflate footballs.