• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady = Not the Same

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Patriots record is great right now but let's face it Tom Brady is just not the same at all. He is off with his reads, his passes and his timing skill set. It has a lot to do with the offense being basically all rookies but this is Brady, he adapts and right now it doesn't seem like he has been doing that very well.

He won the game Sunday and what a game that was awesome but he had people wide open and missed them and he has been doing that all season.

Is it just the offense being rookies that is screwing him up or is he not the same?

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Patriots record is great right now but let's face it Tom Brady is just not the same at all. He is off with his reads, his passes and his timing skill set. It has a lot to do with the offense being basically all rookies but this is Brady, he adapts and right now it doesn't seem like he has been doing that very well.

He won the game Sunday and what a game that was awesome but he had people wide open and missed them and he has been doing that all season.

Is it just the offense being rookies that is screwing him up or is he not the same?

And to think we will lose Mallett next year.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to think we will lose Mallett next year.

Not like he ever has been used really anyway... But I am wondering if the Patriots keep him now that Brady isn't the same

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not like he ever has been used really anyway... But I am wondering if the Patriots keep him now that Brady isn't the same

Well, there in lies the problem. IMO Brady has not looked spectacular but the BB and Kraft mancrush on Tom will interfere with the common sense decision. Tom will be 37 next year but still has some trade value but the Pats won't do that, they will retain him and Mallett will not sit on the bench on the premise of " Hold on kid you'll play someday ", not unless there is a lot of money on the table. Assuming the want to keep Mallett how much cap space does that allow to make a legit offer to Talib? It will be interesting to watch, IMO the higher priority is Talib.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there in lies the problem. IMO Brady has not looked spectacular but the BB and Kraft mancrush on Tom will interfere with the common sense decision. Tom will be 37 next year but still has some trade value but the Pats won't do that, they will retain him and Mallett will not sit on the bench on the premise of " Hold on kid you'll play someday ", not unless there is a lot of money on the table. Assuming the want to keep Mallett how much cap space does that allow to make a legit offer to Talib? It will be interesting to watch, IMO the higher priority is Talib.

Yeah Mallett most likely will be gone based on your analysis (which I agree with) so that sucks. The Patriots will never trade Brady!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys actually saying trade Brady now to get some value for him and start Mallet? That is absurd. So Brady is off to a shaky start with virtually no proven weapons, but can still pull some rabbits out of the hat. All QBs have so-so seasons and we are just approaching week 7. You cannot expect him to be perfect all the time. I think he was pretty accurate yesterday overall and threw some damn fine passes. Why don't we have a little more faith and see how the season progresses when some of the injured players get back and the rookies jell a bit more?

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady stays. Sorry guys, but you'll just have to deal with having him as your QB.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's such a tragedy to have a guy almost undisputedly in the top 5 GOAT at his position on our team. They need to get better.

Seriously, Brady works off of knowing where his guys will be and the trust isn't completely there yet. But on that TD, the ball was perfect. There wasn't better ball placement he could have made. Look at that throw and tell me he isn't still the best in the game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ did you honestly think I am saying trade Brady? REALLY?!??

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can tag Mallet next yr and see what ya can land in the draft. Maybe Mallet stays..

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I offer an extension now, let him play out if not, then only tag if I can get something back after that. He is valuable backup but isn't worth a monster contract.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to franchise tag him to get value. He'll be a RFA. Put a first round tender on him. You'll have to pay him, but you'll retain his services, and if anyone does have a conviction about him, you get a first round pick without the hassle of arranging a trade - they get to mark it down as a FA acquisition, which makes it a lot easier to sell to their fans than a trade would be.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if we keep him the RFA year the same opinion applies after. I would happily pay his RFA tender and keep him an extra year if it comes to that. I think I give him another chance at a fairly reasonable extension at that point as well. Assuming he does have the talent he was drafted for and they like what they see, that would be worth investing in as a quality backup with the potential to take over when needed.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean it might be the fact we don't have Gronk, Hernandez, Lloyd, Woodhead or Vereen. He's playing with a bunch of rookies and the trust isn't there yet.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am saying from a long term stand point getting rid a the 37 tear old QB makes a lot more sense in terms of the long term condition of the team. Yep sure am saying that . And I am also saying BB and Kraft have swallowed so much of Tom over the years that it will not happen. And because of that I suspect Mallett a younger talent with potential will be gone, then we will end up with a 40 year old QB and some first or second year QB that may not be as good as Mallett. I do indeed think there is separation anxiety amongst BB and a lot of Pats fans

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my best gunnery sergeant Hartman:

"You Brady bashers better unfuck yourselves! That's all...DISMISSED!"

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to franchise tag him to get value. He'll be a RFA. Put a first round tender on him. You'll have to pay him, but you'll retain his services, and if anyone does have a conviction about him, you get a first round pick without the hassle of arranging a trade - they get to mark it down as a FA acquisition, which makes it a lot easier to sell to their fans than a trade would be.

This makes a lot of sense to me, and I was unaware this could be done. This way if a team really wants him at the very least we get a first round pick in a QB heavy draft this year. I wonder what his payout would be and how much of a cap hit it would cause.

In my best gunnery sergeant Hartman:

"You Brady bashers better unfuck yourselves! That's all...DISMISSED!"

Not sure who Gunnery Sergeant Hartman is, but no one is really bashing Tom at all, just stating that for the long term success of the team sooner or later a decision will have to be made in regard to Tom.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full Metal Jacket reference.

Of course at some point before too long Tom's not going the be QB. Until then I say we ride the Brady train right off the fucking rails. Mallet? If he's the future, I'd prefer to ride out a few rebuilding years.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't think of the RFA issue. Good point. Do it, if someone gives you a first, then cool!! I have to agree that a decision has to be made on Brady and knowing BB he is already planning that. Going to be interesting for sure. Anyone in the draft we can take a look at. I also think Cassel will be a FA this yr, do we bring him back?? Not to replace Mallet, but offer some competition?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ did you honestly think I am saying trade Brady? REALLY?!??

Not really, was just an opinion on the way this thread started out. As has been mentioned, There are several scenarios that could work out for Mallet. The Pats have been rebuilding and are doing a pretty good job. I am not worried about Mallet's situation right now. Maybe later in the year or next season this discussion would make more sense.