• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady = Not the Same

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what has Mallet done that makes us think he is the next in line? I know he hasn't gotten the chance to play and all of that stuff but I don't think it matters if we lose Mallet then we lose him. You can always get a QB in the draft.

On to the topic though. Yes Brady has lost some of his stuff but it happens with age, and we all knew that it was going to happen sooner or later. Brady is going to be the QB of this time until he is gone from the NFL. No matter what happens with Brady he is going to be the leader, and if it is Mallet behind him then it is but if not I don't think that it is a big deal. Once Brady is gone then we will have to cross that bridge but he is here now.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallet and a pick vs Cassel for the next few yrs and draft a QB for when TB is done?

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallet and a pick vs Cassel for the next few yrs and draft a QB for when TB is done?

To me you cannot wait to get a QB when Brady is done. You need someone like Mallet behind him I know I have been saying it doesn't matter if he is gone or not but hear me out. If you keep Mallet then great but don't go out of the box giving him lots of money because he really hasn't proven anything. If someone wants to give him a huge amount then let him walk away. But you need a QB to learn from Brady in my eyes, you can't just throw someone in there when they aren't ready. I know it has worked other places but more times then not it won't. So get someone to learn from Brady either it is Mallet or someone else.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Mallet stay? Who knows. I am saying bring in Cassel to back up TB for the next few years. Draft someone, maybe we can get a QB in rd 3 instead of a CB/S from Rutgers who we can get as UDFA. Prep them for the next few yrs. Now if Mallet wants to stay, then cool.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady always has played his best late in games.

That hasn't changed, so let's quit worrying about his stats, okay?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not cassel.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you need a QB to learn from Brady in my eyes, you can't just throw someone in there when they aren't ready.

Like the way Brady couldn't succeed without learning from Bledsoe? My apologies for the sarcasm but methinks we sometimes read too much into the mentoring thing. I've read here about Gronk coming back to "teach" the rookies how to catch. They could just hire me for that. Hey Dobson, when the ball comes to you, close your hands around it and pull it into your body. There, can I get mad $$$ for that? Dobson's high school and college coaches have already done that level teaching. Practice and skill command this level. Yes, there are greater intricacies at the QB position but the next cat's gonna have the mojo or he's not.

mojo of course, referring to the pinacle of expertise......right mojo?!

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see where you are coming from NEhomer. But it helps to have someone that you can learn from. Yes, you won't gain everything from them, sometimes you have to do stuff on your own but it helps. Like you said if you have the mojo than you have it, if you don't than well you don't. I think it just helps when you have someone that you can learn from.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is going to play til 39-40 so Mallet isn't going to be the guy. He's not going to wait that long.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also showed me nothing that makes me think he's the guy other then he's a young back up with potential.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is going to play til 39-40 so Mallet isn't going to be the guy. He's not going to wait that long.

He's also showed me nothing that makes me think he's the guy other then he's a young back up with potential.

I agree he is not going to wait that long and he shouldn't. Of course he has showed you nothing and that is the fault of Tom and BB, even when the Pats were up 30 in the 4th quarter Tom played, I guess to pad his stats, point is no one knows about Ryan BB is to ignorant at times to give him playing time. And what young QB doesn't play based on potential

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have all the reasons that Brady is having a mediocre season. Rookie/mediocre receivers that are still not always on the same page with him, an underperforming OL that is not protecting the QB adequately, missing parts (Gronk, Vereen, Amendola). Those items are all true. However, in the past at one time or another, Brady has had to deal with some or all of these negatives and, generally, he has been able to do it. This season, he is just not able to make lemonade out of lemons like he used to. Is is age catching up to him, does he have some nagging injury no body is telling us about, is his head not as into the game as usual? Something is different this season. I think it is age. TB is just not able to do the things he once did as easily as he had in the past. It is more difficult for him to rise above things like mediocre receivers, a porous OL, injuries and aggresive defenses. As for Mallett, I could be wrong but I don't think he is the answer, heir apparaent, starter in waiting, or whatever you want to say. He has never played enough to even be able to prove or disprove any of these statements. I had hoped, and I think this may have been the plan, that enough blowout games would occur this season (hopefully wins) that Mallett would get some meaningful playing time. That way, BB would either find out how good he can be or showcase him for an off season trade for a high draft choice. Obviously, that hasn't happened. Bottom line, IMHO, is that TB's game has slipped slightly and he needs everything around him to function well in order to be successful. So far this season, that hasn't happened. Again my opinion, the days when Brady could put a malfunctioning team on his back and carry it home to a championship are over.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i Again my opinion, the days when Brady could put a malfunctioning team on his back and carry it home to a championship are over.

Brady never carried a malfunctioning team to a Championship. He's carried them to decent regular season records as he's doing this year. IMO, this is the least complete team he has ever headed.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i Again my opinion, the days when Brady could put a malfunctioning team on his back and carry it home to a championship are over.

Brady never carried a malfunctioning team to a Championship. He's carried them to decent regular season records as he's doing this year. IMO, this is the least complete team he has ever headed.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this assesment 100% Tom IMO has lost some of his accuracy and seems to lob a lot more passes than he use to. I am not saying this is the end of Tom but the Pats need to think about the furture and if they think Mallett is the future then they need to allow him to get some reps. Issue is the same for the Pats as it was the 9ers, when you have a living, playing, legend on your team it's hard to let go.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had this conversation twice since last night, and my opinion in a nut shell:

Brady will start to decline sharply in the near future. It is possible that he is declining sharply right now. Certainly his play on the field doesn't contradict that hypothesis. However, there are so many questions on that team right now that it is also possible that he looks bad because he's surrounded by questionable personnel.

There's no way to figure this out except with hindsight. In 10 years we either will or will not remember this season as the beginning of the end for Tom Brady, and we won't know which it is til we see how the offense develops over the second half of the season, how these rookies develop in the offseason, etc.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had this conversation twice since last night, and my opinion in a nut shell:

Brady will start to decline sharply in the near future. It is possible that he is declining sharply right now. Certainly his play on the field doesn't contradict that hypothesis. However, there are so many questions on that team right now that it is also possible that he looks bad because he's surrounded by questionable personnel.

There's no way to figure this out except with hindsight. In 10 years we either will or will not remember this season as the beginning of the end for Tom Brady, and we won't know which it is til we see how the offense develops over the second half of the season, how these rookies develop in the offseason, etc.

Yeah there is no way this is all on Tom that's for damn sure!!! Rookies are not reading what he is reading, dropping a lot of balls, the O line was pourous at times yesterday, it was a bad game and there are a lot of variables contributing to the offensive woes this year.

Nipsey

Bingo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skimmed through this thread and din't see anyone mention that Brady's throwing coach (that he's had since HS or forever) died and he has a new one, so that be affecting him.

Whatever the case, you all should relax. It's a long season still, and if Talib can get back and stay on the field with Gronk/Vereen/Amendola…they can win 4 games in a row…against anyone. Hightower isn't Mayo, sure, and we miss Big Vince, but have some faith, people. Have some faith.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so that be affecting him.

Is this coach black?!

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skimmed through this thread and din't see anyone mention that Brady's throwing coach (that he's had since HS or forever) died and he has a new one, so that be affecting him.

Whatever the case, you all should relax. It's a long season still, and if Talib can get back and stay on the field with Gronk/Vereen/Amendola…they can win 4 games in a row…against anyone. Hightower isn't Mayo, sure, and we miss Big Vince, but have some faith, people. Have some faith.

Ohh I don't think anyone is overally excited we are having a general discussion and ecpressing our personal points of view. I agree had the defense been healthy this game is a win, but that is the difference between a good team and a great team.