• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady is not the MVP in any of those superbowls

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson is not elite is what I took out of that game. He was helped tremendously by miraculous catches. He can run with the best of them but that's not what makes a great QB. Brady is right up there with Montana in my book. Good win by Brady and an incredible 4th quarter.

Says the guy who was posting selfies in a Brady jersey. :whistle:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
37/50 4 tds and over 300 against the best D, biggest 4th Q comeback. Sure Brady threw 2 bad picks but NE's secondary was giving up big plays, until they put Browner on that big kid, that Seattle just signed recently

Brady in these playoffs in 14 red zone opportunities had 13tds and 1 FG. 2 weeks ago GB lost because they kept being limited to Fg's

It was 3 yard slants to the slot all damn day, Sonny. We're talking stuff most HS QBs could do. Brady was awful and yet again they were able to overcome his atrocious play. If Seattle doesn't hand them that win, Brady doesn't even ride the plane back to Foxboro.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson is not elite is what I took out of that game. He was helped tremendously by miraculous catches. He can run with the best of them but that's not what makes a great QB. Brady is right up there with Montana in my book. Good win by Brady and an incredible 4th quarter.

I don't believe Wilson will ever be 'elite'. He's a lot like Ben Roth to me. Good player, clutch in most situations, CAN put a team on his back but a better game manager. I think Wilson could have a 30 TD/4K season if asked, but it would be a bit heavy on turnovers and lower completion %.

Either way, gotta get him some weps before you can call him anything. The only weapon outside of himself on Seattle's O is Lynch, who is not a Forte/McCoy type dual threat.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely RD biggest 4Q comeback in SB history and 3 weeks ago, another record being down 14 twice to Balt to overcome that. Guy doesnt get into a fetal position like some post season chokes. When was the last time a QB threw 4tds in a game. And against the no#1 ranked D to boot, not a cupcake team that lucked in.

Most playoff wins, most SBs. tied with Montana and Steel Curtain, most playoff tds. most playoff yards, most SB Tds, most SB yards, most playoff comebacks etc etc. Him and Montana stand alone

Last edited by a moderator:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 3 yard slants to the slot all damn day, Sonny. We're talking stuff most HS QBs could do. Brady was awful and yet again they were able to overcome his atrocious play. If Seattle doesn't hand them that win, Brady doesn't even ride the plane back to Foxboro.

Hammer 37/50 and td's to 4 diff guys? Why wasnt it done last year in 45-8 thrashing, oh yeah Peyton. They dont have tall receivers ( exc TE Gronk) and would be dumb to throw deep vs that secondary. Guy had no running game and had the will to win. Glad me and you witness greatness last night Hammer. San Matteo guy that we will be telling our kids and grandkids about

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the Patriots were down 10 points in the 4th quarter against the best defense in the NFL with no effective running game.

And Tom Brady took control and scored two TD to put the Patriots in the lead.

No team has come back from a 10 point deficit in the Superbowl to win. In fact I think Seattle has not lost a game with a doubt digit lead. Until yesterday.

He clearly sux.

Also - Seattle's D hadn't given up more than what 6 points in the 4th quarter

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also - Seattle's D hadn't given up more than what 6 points in the 4th quarter

Thats what these posters dont understand, is that Seattle is unbelievable in redzone and just gives up FG's most of time. If GB punched just 1 of those 1st and goal etc in, then they would have been playing in SB

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle was giving those to him. He would have been pretty stupid not to do it.

If we are using the excuse that Seattle "gave" the Patriots the game then you must also say that when Seattle won against GB no? Because Brady did lead them back to win (as did Wilson in the G game)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe Wilson will ever be 'elite'. He's a lot like Ben Roth to me.
Big Ben is elite. He wasn't his first couple of years which is where Wilson is at now

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what these posters dont understand, is that Seattle is unbelievable in redzone and just gives up FG's most of time. If GB punched just 1 of those 1st and goal etc in, then they would have been playing in SB

You had to give Seattle's D all the credit in the world for that as well.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle was giving those to him. He would have been pretty stupid not to do it.

If we are using the excuse that Seattle "gave" the Patriots the game then you must also say that when Seattle won against GB no? Because Brady did lead them back to win (as did Wilson in the G game)

Baseless drivel , just like the fan that says that Brady should have scored a game winning td, possibly throwing an int, then lead the team down field, and get into AV's range to win with a FG and then to say AV won that game, pleeeeeaaaasee. Last night was a perfect example of a guy throwing a ball, and losing game

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do. Green Bay still choked. You can't give them too much credit for recovering an onside kick.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely, Brady only had 2 int's in his 5 previous SB's and matched that last night vs Seattle. They are no joke and if a guy can throw over 300 yards and 4tds, Kudos

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The trouble with that type of game is that it's hard to sustain drives. All it takes is 1 or 2 incompletions and they're over. And no, it's not near as easy as it sounds. But the Seattle secondary is pretty good is what I hear.

Btw the offense scored 4 TD's not a single field goal. Very impressive.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've mentioned this before but Brady's first 3 SB's weren't all that impressive. Those were excellent all around teams. It's Brady's performance sicne then, with a team with holes that makes him one of the greatest ever despite being 1-2 in the SB's since.

No deep threat? No problem, we'll go with short passes.

They picked up Moss? Now Brady assaults the record book.

Welker leaves? No problem we'll use TE's and Edelman.

No running game? No problem.

I will give Eli credit fo the 2nd SB. That team was dead last in running and Eli carried them throwing for over 4900 yards, in the North East, outdoors. Cruz was a failure until he met Eli. Great year for a good QB.

The 1st one he didn't deserve but against Charlotte he was deserving and yesterday.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny stuff there!
How is Big Ben not elite? He won a Super Bowl with Mendenhall as a RB and a bad oline, IIRC. This year he was 6th in QBR, 4th in DVOA and 1st in DYAR (Defense Adjusted Yards Above Replacement which is the closest thing football has to WAR)

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1st one he didn't deserve but against Charlotte he was deserving and yesterday.

He did against Rams, tied score under a minute to go, touchback, start on own 20. Madden says smart thing would be to knee it and go into OT. Marches team downfield 60 yards, to setup AV. They win and no OT to give Rams a shot

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have gone with Edelman yesterday. I thought Brady was good (Great late) but the 2 int's would have had me leaning towards Edelman. Not really a big deal to me either way

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have gone with Edelman yesterday. I thought Brady was good (Great late) but the 2 int's would have had me leaning towards Edelman. Not really a big deal to me either way

If Edelman had 2 or more Tds' would agree or if Blount had rushed a TD or 2 then Julian all day, Seattle D is that tough in redzone and against the run.