• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady is not the MVP in any of those superbowls

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning wins and it is all cause he is so great.

Brady wins in spite of himself :L

Same old song and dance

You're not getting my point. Read what I'm saying, why would Bradys legacy be different had they lost, even with the exact same performance? he could literally do everything right and lose. It's silly. It's a team game. I don't think anyone should be judged based so much on Super Bowls, except coaches and gms.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not getting my point. Read what I'm saying, why would Bradys legacy be different had they lost, even with the exact same performance? he could literally do everything right and lose. It's silly. It's a team game. I don't think anyone should be judged based so much on Super Bowls, except coaches and gms.

I do not disagree. It is all the non stop Brady sucks love that lives in this forum. This is a thread made to promote that.

I agree that it is a team game.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he sucks. Just pointing out how silly it is that qbs legacies are based on the amount of super bowl wins they have even though it's a team game. Brady was the Qb of the winning team, he did not win it alone. Why is it that had he done all that and lost the game (which was very, very likely) he would be considered a great Qb, not arguably the greatest

Of course. Brady would say the exact same thing without hesitation. It's the nature of the sport. It's still the hardest position on the team.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sniff.

It was a great team win. Edelman certainly deserved props but Brady's performance deserved it's due too.

With all the fawning over Wilson for coming back against GB after a horrible 3 qtrs one would think Seattle fans would remember that.

Brady definitely deserves his due, had an overall good game and an awesome 4th quarter. I just don't think he was the MVP. IMO he got outplayed by some of his other teammates.

Just because some of us don't feel Brady is the MVP, doesn't mean he didn't play well overall.

All Pats fans seem to forget that Seattle had 2 3 and outs in the 4th quarter which set up Brady with EXCELLENT field position. If Seattle marches down and gets a field goal + chew up 4 minutes, Brady's final drive prob. doesn't even happen. Gotta give the Pats' D some props and I thought the most standout person was the rook. I think Pats fans should be pretty happy about their secondary situation. Best collective corners in the game IMO and arguably best one overall.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

There are gonna be so many troll threads on the Pats and Brady for the next 6 months.

It's great. They can't stand it. So if they can't take down the performance itself, it's down to

"Well he wasn't alone. It's a team sport".

LOL.

Of course it's all true but people have to give Brady his due or be tagged for what they are!

:nod:

They should thank the Giants for stopping this from happening sooner.. .

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady definitely deserves his due, had an overall good game and an awesome 4th quarter. I just don't think he was the MVP. IMO he got outplayed by some of his other teammates.

Just because some of us don't feel Brady is the MVP, doesn't mean he didn't play well overall.

All Pats fans seem to forget that Seattle had 2 3 and outs in the 4th quarter which set up Brady with EXCELLENT field position. If Seattle marches down and gets a field goal + chew up 4 minutes, Brady's final drive prob. doesn't even happen. Gotta give the Pats' D some props and I thought the most standout person was the rook. I think Pats fans should be pretty happy about their secondary situation. Best collective corners in the game IMO and arguably best one overall.

Oh absolutely. A great TEAM win all around. But for a single player it's harder to pick one. Edelman certainly but when the chips are down teams do look to their QB. That's just how it happens.

I was listening to the local sports channels interviewing the players and they were all starry eyed when talking about Brady.. They have a LOT of confidence in their QB

Just like Wilson.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great. They can't stand it. So if they can't take down the performance itself, it's down to

"Well he wasn't alone. It's a team sport".

LOL.

Of course it's all true but people have to give Brady his due or be tagged for what they are!

:nod:

They should thank the Giants for stopping this from happening sooner.. .

Most people have given Brady his due. He played great in the 4th quarter and 'helped' lead the team to a win. Some people just don't feel he should've gotten MVP. The guy that shut down 1/5 of Wilson's throws, was the best corner in a game with the two best corners in the NFL, and got the game winning INT IMO deserved it.

I said the same thing about Eli Manning getting MVP in SBOWL 2008. Why? Tyree with that insane bail out catch or even Strahan who kept Brady from doing jack all day deserved it. They were technically the MVPs.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh absolutely. A great TEAM win all around. But for a single player it's harder to pick one. Edelman certainly but when the chips are down teams do look to their QB. That's just how it happens.

I was listening to the local sports channels interviewing the players and they were all starry eyed when talking about Brady.. They have a LOT of confidence in their QB

Just like Wilson.

Yah I guess. I also look for ANYBODY outside of a QB to win MVP, so I'm bias lol. I just get so annoyed how it's auto MVP QB so many times.

It's really not that big of a deal Brady got selected. But when someone asks me, should anyone else have gotten it? There's EASILY a case for it, and I think the NFL so blatantly overlooks that so often. It was so rewarding to see Malcolm Smith (a backup LBer) get it over Wilson last year.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vinitiari should have been given at least 1 MVP award. I mean come on how do you kick the game winning FG 2 times and then give the MVP to the QB?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady's legacy should be 'the best ever if you can't move him off his spot'

If Ty Law doesn't get a pick 6 against the Rams in his first Super Bowl and the Pats interception doesn't happen at the end of this Super Bowl, Brady's winning legacy is entirely different.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people have given Brady his due. He played great in the 4th quarter and 'helped' lead the team to a win. Some people just don't feel he should've gotten MVP. The guy that shut down 1/5 of Wilson's throws, was the best corner in a game with the two best corners in the NFL, and got the game winning INT IMO deserved it.

I said the same thing about Eli Manning getting MVP in SBOWL 2008. Why? Tyree with that insane bail out catch or even Strahan who kept Brady from doing jack all day deserved it. They were technically the MVPs.

I am talking in general about the trollers and haters. I still think Eli is not a great QB. He had some great playoff performances but overall he'll be a great QB to me.

Again. It's a team sport and this was a great team win for the Patriots but it's the QB that's often looked to when the going gets tough. Brady absolutely did that yesterday both mentally for the team and on the field with his play

That's why I think the Brady MVP is not a bad call.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I guess. I also look for ANYBODY outside of a QB to win MVP, so I'm bias lol. I just get so annoyed how it's auto MVP QB so many times.

It's really not that big of a deal Brady got selected. But when someone asks me, should anyone else have gotten it? There's EASILY a case for it, and I think the NFL so blatantly overlooks that so often. It was so rewarding to see Malcolm Smith (a backup LBer) get it over Wilson last year.

There are other times, players take over the game besides the QB but the offense does go through the QB and they just have more opportunities to shine.

Last year the defense was the story so they had to give it someone on the D. I guess Smith deserved it but it wasn't that dominating a single performance and honestly I had already forgotten about as a non-seahawk fan.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am talking in general about the trollers and haters. I still think Eli is not a great QB. He had some great playoff performances but overall he'll NEVER be a great QB to me.

Again. It's a team sport and this was a great team win for the Patriots but it's the QB that's often looked to when the going gets tough. Brady absolutely did that yesterday both mentally for the team and on the field with his play

fifm!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the myth of Tom Brady.

People will believe ANYTHING! :L

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am talking in general about the trollers and haters.

In other words, you're speaking in third-person. how arrogant. fencer doesn't even go that far.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was a "QBs get too much credit" thread I agree, otherwise it's just mindless excuse making and bashing.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning wins and it is all cause he is so great.

Brady wins in spite of himself :L

Same old song and dance

Eli shouldn't have gotten those MVP's. Justin Tuck was the MVP of those 2 SB's.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am talking in general about the trollers and haters. I still think Eli is not a great QB. He had some great playoff performances but overall he'll be a great QB to me.

I've mentioned this before but Brady's first 3 SB's weren't all that impressive. Those were excellent all around teams. It's Brady's performance sicne then, with a team with holes that makes him one of the greatest ever despite being 1-2 in the SB's since.

No deep threat? No problem, we'll go with short passes.

They picked up Moss? Now Brady assaults the record book.

Welker leaves? No problem we'll use TE's and Edelman.

No running game? No problem.

I will give Eli credit fo the 2nd SB. That team was dead last in running and Eli carried them throwing for over 4900 yards, in the North East, outdoors. Cruz was a failure until he met Eli. Great year for a good QB.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson is not elite is what I took out of that game. He was helped tremendously by miraculous catches. He can run with the best of them but that's not what makes a great QB. Brady is right up there with Montana in my book. Good win by Brady and an incredible 4th quarter.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His stats in the 4th quarter were great because Seattle lost their pass rush after an injury to Cliff Avril.

Brady didn't play that good (not worthy of MVP) and the only 'good' moments came when Seattle got injured.

Let's not take that for meaning "Seattle wins if..." or I don't feel New England should've won. They played great and deserved the SBOWL for some great plays. But there's a reason Brady was able to drive down so easily in the 4th quarter.

37/50 4 tds and over 300 against the best D, biggest 4th Q comeback. Sure Brady threw 2 bad picks but NE's secondary was giving up big plays, until they put Browner on that big kid, that Seattle just signed recently

Brady in these playoffs in 14 red zone opportunities had 13tds and 1 FG. 2 weeks ago GB lost because they kept being limited to Fg's

Last edited by a moderator: