• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady is not the MVP in any of those superbowls

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is slightly better than Eli. Venatari and Butler bailed out Brady in the 4 victories. But we all know that a qb that throws 2 picks is mvp.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crazy thing is that his legacy changed drastically because his DB made a great play. He's arguably the greatest quarterback ever because Russell Wilson threw an interception.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crazy thing is that his legacy changed drastically because his DB made a great play. He's arguably the greatest quarterback ever because Russell Wilson threw an interception.

:lol: So True!!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is one of the best QBs all time, but he was not the MVP in that game. Butler, Edelmen, Carroll/Bevell's IQ, and Cliff Avril going down were the reasons the Pats won and the MVPs of that game for such.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady had two bad picks. Now go read his stats for the 4th quarter. Great QB's do that, others don't.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady had two bad picks. Now go read his stats for the 4th quarter. Great QB's do that, others don't.

His stats in the 4th quarter were great because Seattle lost their pass rush after an injury to Cliff Avril.

Brady didn't play that good (not worthy of MVP) and the only 'good' moments came when Seattle got injured.

Let's not take that for meaning "Seattle wins if..." or I don't feel New England should've won. They played great and deserved the SBOWL for some great plays. But there's a reason Brady was able to drive down so easily in the 4th quarter.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the worst thing about the bans killing the Cowboy board is that Arlington is now speaking for Cowboy fans here...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were all dumbfounded about who should be mvp as no one really stood out so giving it to the QB is pretty safe bet. Brady had a lot of ups and downs that game that's for sure...

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His stats in the 4th quarter were great because Seattle lost their pass rush after an injury to Cliff Avril.

Brady didn't play that good (not worthy of MVP) and the only 'good' moments came when Seattle got injured.

Let's not take that for meaning "Seattle wins if..." or I don't feel New England should've won. They played great and deserved the SBOWL for some great plays. But there's a reason Brady was able to drive down so easily in the 4th quarter.

:L

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against the best secondary of his career, he throws it 50 times, they can't run the ball, yet only punt four times and they win the time of possession by a wide margin. The Hawks were banged up, but Brady took what they gave him to the tune of 357 yards and 4 TDs. Two bad INTs, but other than that played extremely well, at least imo.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Care to elaborate? Brady still played good and played great when it mattered, I just felt there were some other guys on his team who deserved the MVP award a bit more. It's like last year, I would've been thoroughly annoyed had Wilson won the MVP even though he played great.

Butler had 3 pass deflections and the game winning INT on a BEAUTIFUL jumped route. Guy is a rookie and outplayed every corner in the game, of which, are the best in the NFL.

Might be a little bias too because I get annoyed with how QBs are always MVPs of everything.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course the Patriots were down 10 points in the 4th quarter against the best defense in the NFL with no effective running game.

And Tom Brady took control and scored two TD to put the Patriots in the lead.

No team has come back from a 10 point deficit in the Superbowl to win. In fact I think Seattle has not lost a game with a doubt digit lead. Until yesterday.

He clearly sux.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is one of the best QBs all time, but he was not the MVP in that game. Butler, Edelmen, Carroll/Bevell's IQ, and Cliff Avril going down were the reasons the Pats won and the MVPs of that game for such.

Sniff.

It was a great team win. Edelman certainly deserved props but Brady's performance deserved it's due too.

With all the fawning over Wilson for coming back against GB after a horrible 3 qtrs one would think Seattle fans would remember that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Swell. He had a statistically good fourth QTR.

That doesn't really change the fact he was a pick away from losing the Super Bowl.

Brady basically did absolutely nothing in that game. He completed a whole bunch of dump off passes and threw a pair of picks. It was a pretty great Super Bowl but chalking it up to Tom Brady is just asinine. The MVP should have went to the defense. Wilson had all the time in the world but NE's secondary made it just a waste of time.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swell. He had a statistically good fourth QTR.

That doesn't really change the fact he was a pick away from losing the Super Bowl.

Brady basically did absolutely nothing in that game. He completed a whole bunch of dump off passes and threw a pair of picks. It was a pretty great Super Bowl but chalking it up to Tom Brady is just asinine. The MVP should have went to the defense. Wilson had all the time in the world but NE's secondary made it just a waste of time.

LOL. Asinine is the word to describe this post.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the Patriots were down 10 points in the 4th quarter against the best defense in the NFL with no effective running game.

No team has come back from a 10 point deficit in the Superbowl to win. In fact I think Seattle has not lost a game with a doubt digit lead. Until yesterday.

He clearly sux.

:agree:

There are gonna be so many troll threads on the Pats and Brady for the next 6 months.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He clearly sux.

I never said he sucks. Just pointing out how silly it is that qbs legacies are based on the amount of super bowl wins they have even though it's a team game. Brady was the Qb of the winning team, he did not win it alone. Why is it that had he done all that and lost the game (which was very, very likely) he would be considered a great Qb, not arguably the greatest

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is just about the greatest QB ever to play. Look at his game stats in this Super Bowl. While the bonehead last play decided the game, Russell Wilson's miserable 12-21 meant that the Seahawks had no marging for error.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he sucks. Just pointing out how silly it is that qbs legacies are based on the amount of super bowl wins they have even though it's a team game. Brady was the Qb of the winning team, he did not win it alone. Why is it that had he done all that and lost the game (which was very, very likely) he would be considered a great Qb, not arguably the greatest

Manning wins and it is all cause he is so great.

Brady wins in spite of himself :L

Same old song and dance

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh the lines are so bleak at that point. The point when it's who is the #1 greatest. Marino, Brady, Manning, Montana, Elway, Favre. Go back further when it wasn't a passing league and that even gets shady. I dunno. They're all great QBs, I don't know if I could take one. There's too many variables because of the # of players on offense. Manning had amazing receivers his entire career, Brady had a great line, Marino had some good receivers, Elway had TD, Montana had the GOAT WR, it's all hazy.

There's really only one undisputed GOAT in sports. Jordan for NBA (Chamberlain is ALWAYS in the convo, but Jordan just has it) and Gretzky for NHL. And that's because there are 5 players on the court. Yah both were on some good teams but it's easier to isolate comparisons with less supporting cast.