• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady Hoke better start wearing a headset

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was he worse than Hoke?
two losing seasons? Terrible recruiter? Never once beat MSU or OSU? Played "You raise me up" at our football banquet before being fired....should I go on?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far at Arizona he has two winning seasons.

We all bow down to you Rich Rod :hail:

Congrats on your "winning seasons". But I'm glad RR is on the opposite side of the country. He is a cancer.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two losing seasons? Terrible recruiter? Never once beat MSU or OSU? Played "You raise me up" at our football banquet before being fired....should I go on?
But you said "representative", you can lose at coaching and still be a good representative of a university. IMO winning does not make you a good representative, its the other things that do that. I dont remember that much about RR but Hoke has had a team sanctioned by the NCAA just like RR, and Hoke seems to be at best, not a very good disciplinarian.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you said "representative", you can lose at coaching and still be a good representative of a university. IMO winning does not make you a good representative, its the other things that do that. I dont remember that much about RR but Hoke has had a team sanctioned by the NCAA just like RR, and Hoke seems to be at best, not a very good disciplinarian.

The NCAA basically sanctioned the school while Hoke was coach at Ball State because the athletic department had a loop hole that multiple student athletes across the board were violating.

RR committed the first major violations in our football program's history.

You're right, you don't seem to remember that much about RR. Otherwise, you'd be silly to try and compare the way RR represented Michigan to the way Hoke does. Win or lose, Hoke is a much more respected head coach.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA basically sanctioned the school while Hoke was coach at Ball State because the athletic department had a loop hole that multiple student athletes across the board were violating.

You're right, you don't seem to remember that much about RR. Otherwise, you'd be silly to try and compare the way RR represented Michigan to the way Hoke does. Win or lose, Hoke is a much more respected head coach.

You mean RR got caught doing what Lloyd Carr had been doing for years, right?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean RR got caught doing what Lloyd Carr had been doing for years, right?

Maybe, but if that's the case - he was really bad at trying to cheat. Then when caught, really bad at dealing with the issues that came along with it.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I cant find the link but if I remeber the NCAA sanctioned the Ball State football program while Hoke was the coach.
The only mistake RR did was getting caught where previous coaches did not. If he would have been winning he would still be the coach.

The only think that is saving Hoke from the scrutiny of his "discipline" decisions is Michigan has not been winning as of late. If they were there would have been more of an uproar when Lewan was not given any punishment, or the convicted felon only served a one game and the kid who got pulled over for DUI only got one game.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I will never understand is how some of these schools (usually blue bloods) go with that whole

"Well he is a Michigan man" or "We need a Michigan man" ----------> total garbage imo.

What the hell does that have to do with anything if you are serious about winning your conference and even more?

* Not trying to pick on you UM fans. Just used as an example and it was appropriate to OPs thread.

It's asinine.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant find the link but if I remeber the NCAA sanctioned the Ball State football program while Hoke was the coach.
The only mistake RR did was getting caught where previous coaches did not. If he would have been winning he would still be the coach.

The only think that is saving Hoke from the scrutiny of his "discipline" decisions is Michigan has not been winning as of late. If they were there would have been more of an uproar when Lewan was not given any punishment, or the convicted felon only served a one game and the kid who got pulled over for DUI only got one game.

They did, but it wasn't just football it was 9 different sports. And it really had nothing to do with the coaches. The Athletic Department was giving kids vouchers for school books and the kids figured out that if they didn't buy books they could buy other things; so they were unintentionally, or maybe intentionally, paying players through the loop hole. I'm pretty confident that no coach knew about it as they usually aren't involved at all in how kids get books and so on.

You're correct, if RR had won - he'd still be coach. That doesn't mean that most of the fan base didn't hate him as a person from day one. He's abrasive and self absorbed.

Lewan didn't get punished because Lewan didn't do anything according to the law.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did, but it wasn't just football it was 9 different sports. And it really had nothing to do with the coaches. The Athletic Department was giving kids vouchers for school books and the kids figured out that if they didn't buy books they could buy other things; so they were unintentionally, or maybe intentionally, paying players through the loop hole. I'm pretty confident that no coach knew about it as they usually aren't involved at all in how kids get books and so on.

You're correct, if RR had won - he'd still be coach. That doesn't mean that most of the fan base didn't hate him as a person from day one. He's abrasive and self absorbed.

Lewan didn't get punished because Lewan didn't do anything according to the law.

Because Ann Arbor Police was covering up for Lewan. If they weren't they would have at least listed him as a suspect considering he was identified by 3 different people as the assailant. Then apparently do that sort of thing for Michigan Men.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree about RR, he was a shit bag.

I was looking at Lewan when he twisted the guys head after the play by grabbing his facemask. Very dangerous and trying to injure another player outside of the game.
As far as the assult, if he was identified why was he not questioned? Or charged? Cover ups are never good, bad practice to have in a small football town.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think people make too big a deal of the headset thing. So Brady Hoke doesn't always wear a headset, how much does it add really? I mean does a coach actually gain all that much from where it all the time? Hoke is a defensive coach, so how much can he really add by talking to the OC in the booth (because his DC is on the sideline with him)? For better or worse he trusts his coordinators, and for a head coach that's not necessarily a bad thing............so long has he has competent coordinators. Which Mattison is and Borges is not. Besides, he wears them in critical situations and has a guy right next to him on a pair if he has any questions.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think people make too big a deal of the headset thing. So Brady Hoke doesn't always wear a headset, how much does it add really? I mean does a coach actually gain all that much from where it all the time? Hoke is a defensive coach, so how much can he really add by talking to the OC in the booth (because his DC is on the sideline with him)? For better or worse he trusts his coordinators, and for a head coach that's not necessarily a bad thing............so long has he has competent coordinators. Which Mattison is and Borges is not. Besides, he wears them in critical situations and has a guy right next to him on a pair if he has any questions.
All I can say is almost every other HC wears them during a game so there has to be a reason.