• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady gears up for a fight: Adds lawyer with SC experience, asks for appeal extension.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no lawyer, however I do work in media so I know a little about libel, slander, and defamation.

So Roger can negligently indict Tom Brady and tarnish his legacy as long as he didn't intend for that outcome? ...and the owners who went along for the ride didn't intend for that outcome? Malice.

Goodell should have made it $50,000 and one game at most. The only point will ever be that he got caught and got punished. Shit, it could have been the equipment tampering fine $25,000 and the same notch was carved into Tom's legacy. So why go for such an extreme penalty? Malice.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Roger can negligently indict Tom Brady and tarnish his legacy as long as he didn't intend for that outcome? ...and the owners who went along for the ride didn't intend for that outcome? Malice.

Goodell should have made it $50,000 and one game at most. The only point will ever be that he got caught and got punished. Shit, it could have been the equipment tampering fine $25,000 and the same notch was carved into Tom's legacy. So why go for such an extreme penalty? Malice.
That doesn't prove malice. You have to prove in court it was done with malicious intent. How do you do that short of an email/voicemail/video/text message of Goodell saying essentially "I'm doing this because I don't like Tom Brady and want to hurt him"?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't prove malice. You have to prove in court it was done with malicious intent. How do you do that short of an email/voicemail/video/text message of Goodell saying essentially "I'm doing this because I don't like Tom Brady and want to hurt him"?

So no defamation suit has been won that lacked a frigging taped confession? Cripes. What about the overboard penalty?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no defamation suit has been won that lacked a frigging taped confession? Cripes. What about the overboard penalty?
There's simply a higher burden of proof for a public figure than a private individual. A private individual doesn't have to prove actual malice. That's only for public figures, like Tom Brady.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they should be investigating is how many years Brady has been deflating the footballs. His career has become one big asterik

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope they postpone this thing until after week one.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know the reason for these harsh punishment is because it's believed that the Pats will and do step over the line of fair play and playing by the rules. Teams playing them in the playoffs spend a butt load on security, because they are convinced the Pats will try to secure tape they shouldn't have. That's just one thing NFL teams believe, basically what they believe is, if the Pats can get a unfair advantage, they'll do it and have done it.

Que all the " prove that" posts from Pats fans. However it's the only thing that makes sense of this whole circus. NFL team owners are tired of the Pats attitude on following the rules and fair play. They demanded that the Pats get punished and punished harshly.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they should be investigating is how many years Brady has been deflating the footballs. His career has become one big asterik
Not enough time. They're still trying to measure the other 8 Indy balls.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget the 2nd appellate voted 2-1 in favor of how much power the CBA has for doling out punishment. It had zero to do with evidence. It was 1/4 of the court. The chief justice ruled against the NFL. Having said that we have no idea how the full court would rule:noidea: you're speculating.
Likewise any of us are only speculating whether or not the 2nd or the SC will hear this case.
But you might be onto something with the retirement thing. It worked out pretty good for his buddy Peyton. HGH? What HGH?

I clearly said it is highly unlikely that they will hear the case after this second ruling.....And I am going by what I've heard reported by legal experts, makes sense to me but of course we are all speculating....
And to drag PM down because of your teams dilemma is really cheap man...
He turned over all evidence and welcomed a full investigation, quite different from Brady who destroyed his....
Hey if he can pull it off, then good for him, but even retiring before the suspension is enforced won't ever take away his being marked a cheater, and you know it.....
If it were me, I wouldn't care a whole lot what people thought as long as I got the money 1st and the rings 2nd..
But then I'm not a self centered ego maniac that thinks the whole world is stupid enough to buy that crap...

b7395qhcqaa7gl1_zpsvjgxg40a.jpg :dhd:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know the reason for these harsh punishment is because it's believed that the Pats will and do step over the line of fair play and playing by the rules. Teams playing them in the playoffs spend a butt load on security, because they are convinced the Pats will try to secure tape they shouldn't have. That's just one thing NFL teams believe, basically what they believe is, if the Pats can get a unfair advantage, they'll do it and have done it.

Que all the " prove that" posts from Pats fans. However it's the only thing that makes sense of this whole circus. NFL team owners are tired of the Pats attitude on following the rules and fair play. They demanded that the Pats get punished and punished harshly.
That's some real pussy ass shit, man.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's some real pussy ass shit, man.

Well we all know your nuts, so I'll take your comment with that in mind. Just exactly why do you feel "this is some pussy ass stuff" ? Not that it really matters.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I clearly said it is highly unlikely that they will hear the case after this second ruling.....And I am going by what I've heard reported by legal experts, makes sense to me but of course we are all speculating....
He turned over all evidence and welcomed a full investigation, quite different from Brady who destroyed his....
Hey if he can pull it off, then good for him, but even retiring before the suspension is enforced won't ever take away his being marked a cheater, and you know it.....
If it were me, I wouldn't care a whole lot what people thought as long as I got the money 1st and the rings 2nd..
But then I'm not a self centered ego maniac that thinks the whole world is stupid enough to buy that crap...

View attachment 113718 :dhd:
PM dragged himself down I had nothing to do with his wife's mysterious shipments. I guess you and I have a different opinion on how he welcomed a full investigation and turned over all the evidence. If claiming it's your wife's and she has medical issues that are personal and the Manning family won't discuss as being open :thumb:

Back to TB since that appears to be the only noteworthy news day in and day out for the hoopsters. He doesn't need the money. Lucky for him he has a sugar mamma:suds:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 113718 :dhd:
Maybe it was one of the 8 Indy balls that supposedly didn't get tested:dhd:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PM dragged himself down I had nothing to do with his wife's mysterious shipments. I guess you and I have a different opinion on how he welcomed a full investigation and turned over all the evidence. If claiming it's your wife's and she has medical issues that are personal and the Manning family won't discuss as being open :thumb:

Back to TB since that appears to be the only noteworthy news day in and day out for the hoopsters. He doesn't need the money. Lucky for him he has a sugar mamma:suds:

I know you're not familiar with PM's explanation, it involves telling the truth.....Pardon me, I didn't mean to use a swear word like that to you !!!! :tape:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're not familiar with PM's explanation, it involves telling the truth.....Pardon me, I didn't mean to use a swear word like that to you !!!! :tape:
Oh that's right and Archie backed him up. That's proof enough for me:rolleyes2:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that's right and Archie backed him up. That's proof enough for me:rolleyes2:

Well his team didn't get a fined 1 mil and draft pics, so I guess it must've actually been the tru tru truuuuth after all....Go figure, an NFL QB telling the truth about something, what is this world coming to ?????:heh::heh:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well his team didn't get a fined 1 mil and draft pics, so I guess it must've actually been the tru tru truuuuth after all....Go figure, an NFL QB telling the truth about something, what is this world coming to ?????:heh::heh:
Mind sharing those investigation results with us?
Oh wait Rog didn't conduct one:doh:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"You" don't know shit, but in your defense I didn't know much about football or the NFL after 4 years of watching either :thumb: