• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady gears up for a fight: Adds lawyer with SC experience, asks for appeal extension.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The evidence that Tom Brady deflated footballs is "compelling, if not overwhelming" and his explanation for destroying his cell phone is "ridiculous" according to the United States federal judge who just ruled.

Can I get your opinion on the above statement by Judge Chin, Big Ken?

I'm still trying to find the "Compelling, if not overwhelming evidence" where Tom Brady actually physically deflated a football. I'm also trying to find in the Wells Report where Ted Wells requested Tom Brady's cell phone. Give me a couple decades to read, re-read and re-read the all of transcripts and locate either of these. I'd like to get a warrant and examine Chin's bank records. My guess is that there's a recent 6 figure deposit.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to find the "Compelling, if not overwhelming evidence" where Tom Brady actually physically deflated a football. I'm also trying to find in the Wells Report where Ted Wells requested Tom Brady's cell phone. Give me a couple decades to read, re-read and re-read the all of transcripts and locate either of these. I'd like to get a warrant and examine Chin's bank records. My guess is that there's a recent 6 figure deposit.

So in other words "no comment?"

That's what I thought.

RavensNation2158

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this comes the defamation lawsuit against Goodell and the league. I don't think Tom's gonna quit anytime soon.

Wouldn't they have to prove unequivocally that he didn't cheat in order for it to be a defamation case? I don't think you can technically file defamation if you can't prove you weren't actually defamed.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BINGO !!!!!.....The appellate court has examined all the evidence and ruled, it will be, as they say down south, pert near impossible to get another court to over turn that decision without clear and substantial new evidence...
And we all know they have nothing but speculation and accusations....
Unlikely they will waste the courts time to even hear it again....
Clearly Tom is just trying to ride the stay out another season so he can retire and never serve the suspension, me no think it will work hombre !!!!!:nono:
Let's not forget the 2nd appellate voted 2-1 in favor of how much power the CBA has for doling out punishment. It had zero to do with evidence. It was 1/4 of the court. The chief justice ruled against the NFL. Having said that we have no idea how the full court would rule:noidea: you're speculating.
Likewise any of us are only speculating whether or not the 2nd or the SC will hear this case.
But you might be onto something with the retirement thing. It worked out pretty good for his buddy Peyton. HGH? What HGH?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget the 2nd appellate voted 2-1 in favor of how much power the CBA has for doling out punishment. It had zero to do with evidence. It was 1/4 of the court. The chief justice ruled against the NFL. Having said that we have no idea how the full court would rule:noidea: you're speculating.
Likewise any of us are only speculating whether or not the 2nd or the SC will hear this case.
But you might be onto something with the retirement thing. It worked out pretty good for his buddy Peyton. HGH? What HGH?

tom-brady-interception-against-the-chiefs.gif

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prove their case? What is this a murder trial??? He did it. I know he did it and you even say he did it. There is no "beyond a reasonable doubt" statute here. There is no civil suit here

Regarding slandering a man, I believe that you are required to prove what you're claiming. Otherwise, how is any defamation suit won?

What? Had he taken the suspension last year you think we would still be talking about it? I'm confused.

Absolutely, of course you would forever be talking about it. Consider the pages and pages of deflategate stuff that covered the Hoop. Then recall the time after Judge Berman's decision......crickets.......chirp.....chirp......for weeks and weeks and then the Fed court ruling came out and BOOM!!! EXPLOSION OF HATER JIZZING AND THREADS AND POSTS ALL OVER THE BOARD. Of course legal outcomes influence the popularity of a story.

Wouldn't they have to prove unequivocally that he didn't cheat in order for it to be a defamation case? I don't think you can technically file defamation if you can't prove you weren't actually defamed.

Actually isn't it the opposite? Aren't you defamed if what's being said is untrue? So it's on the accuser to prove his stance, not the other way around.

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all clear now that Brady has to serve his 4 games suspension for cheating?

What are we discussing now? Whether the SC or the entire second circuit hears his BS? I mean sure, why not? After all only people from 5.5 states in the US care about this. The rest of the country gives a fuck about the outcome of this 'high profile' case.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK can't discuss this with the haters. If it suits their story it's about evidence (the cell phone), when it doesn't suit their story it's "NE fans don't you know Roger doesn't need evidence it's not a crimminal case":juggle:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding slandering a man, I believe that you are required to prove what you're claiming. Otherwise, how is any defamation suit won?

Absolutely, of course you would forever be talking about it. Consider the pages and pages of deflategate stuff that covered the Hoop. Then recall the time after Judge Berman's decision......crickets.......chirp.....chirp......for weeks and weeks and then the Fed court ruling came out and BOOM!!! EXPLOSION OF HATER JIZZING AND THREADS AND POSTS ALL OVER THE BOARD. Of course legal outcomes influence the popularity of a story.

Actually isn't it the opposite? Aren't you defamed if what's being said is untrue? So it's on the accuser to prove his stance, not the other way around.
I'm not talking about the hoop. I'm saying if he had taken the 4 game suspension last season deflate gate as a headline would be irrelevant. Of course the hoop is going to troll Brady. They were trolling him long before deflate gate. I just find it hilarious that Brady wants to put all this behind him yet he's the sole reason this thing seemingly has no end in sight. It's like a fucking never ending circle of bullshit and Brady is the reason it keeps going.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. I believe you can just prove you were acting in good faith or believed what you said. Kind of the old Al Sharpton, Tawana Brawley matter defense. But really, what specifically has Goodell said that is slanderous. You yourself say you believe he did it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all clear now that Brady has to serve his 4 games suspension for cheating?

What are we discussing now? Whether the SC or the entire second circuit hears his BS? I mean sure, why not? After all only people from 5.5 states in the US care about this. The rest of the country gives a fuck about the outcome of this 'high profile' case.
I guess we could discuss with all the Squealer fans how injuries kept them from winning the SB last year. I mean it's been a couple weeks since they brought that topic up.

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we could discuss with all the Squealer fans how injuries kept them from winning the SB last year. I mean it's been a couple weeks since they brought that topic up.

Who are Squealer fans?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about the hoop. I'm saying if he had taken the 4 game suspension last season deflate gate as a headline would be irrelevant. Of course the hoop is going to troll Brady. They were trolling him long before deflate gate. I just find it hilarious that Brady wants to put all this behind him yet he's the sole reason this thing seemingly has no end in sight. It's like a fucking never ending circle of bullshit and Brady is the reason it keeps going.
Actually look around. Basically it's only the hoop who are still talking about. Without TB, Hammer would be in line waiting for his government cheese.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont like your attitude

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Goverment Cheese