• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady about to double Elway’s career TD total

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always find it interesting when someone complains that disagreement means you do not understand.
You accused me of cherry picking, but what I did is not cherry picking. So either you don't understand what cherry picking is, or you don't understand what I did. Your choice.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What question? Is Eli overrated? No, I think he's pretty fairly rated. Is Eli comparable to Elway? No, not even close, and no one worth considering honestly holds that opinion.

If there's another question I missed go ahead and point it out to me.
No you pretty much answered it. Strange how I asked at least three times but you missed it. I did ask if you thought Eli was great?

No need to answer. I see you in full blinder mode. You can't even recognize how many people have compared him and Elway.

So in your opinion. Let me know if I have this right?
Eli actually posted better numbers. They have virtually the same careers. One year difference. They both have two SBs. Yet one went to five which means he lost more than he won.
Sorry but nothing but you and other die hard Bronco homers think he was great. Nothing stands out about him. How about results on the biggest stage. Does this scream greatness to you? 3 TDs to 8 INTs. I'll save you the time by saying it must've been those incredible Ds he faced?

Thanks for the laughs all week on this Screenshot_20211020-072810_Chrome.jpg

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You accused me of cherry picking, but what I did is not cherry picking. So either you don't understand what cherry picking is, or you don't understand what I did. Your choice.
My choice? Never let someone else determine what your choices are.

I understand what you are selling and I'm not buying. Elway is over-rated. I watched him play.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but nothing but you and other die hard Bronco homers think he was great.
And all those people that voted him into the Hall of Fame on the first ballot. But you know, they were probably just swayed by a super persuasive argument that blinded them. Yep, that's got to be it. The case that got John Elway into the Hall of Fame was "Ladies and gentlemen, John Elway."

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My choice? Never let someone else determine what your choices are.

I understand what you are selling and I'm not buying. Elway is over-rated. I watched him play.
You're free to think whatever you like of Elway. What I'm calling you out for is using the argument that I cherry picked his stats to make a case. So like I said, either you don't understand what cherry picking is, or you don't understand the case I made.

But I guess there is actually a third option - you understood perfectly but you're unwilling to admit you are wrong.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're free to think whatever you like of Elway. What I'm calling you out for is using the argument that I cherry picked his stats to make a case. So like I said, either you don't understand what cherry picking is, or you don't understand the case I made.

But I guess there is actually a third option - you understood perfectly but you're unwilling to admit you are wrong.
You are beginning to understand. Next lesson - I'm not wrong. My opinion is my opinion.
By the way, this is not an argument. You keep trying to get me in one but I'm not interested. Elway is over-rated.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are beginning to understand. Next lesson - I'm not wrong. My opinion is my opinion.
By the way, this is not an argument. You keep trying to get me in one but I'm not interested. Elway is over-rated.
Now explain the part how the stats I posted are cherry picked.

Spoiler alert - you can't so you won't

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You call yourself, "Troll Boy Extraordinaire" Why should I take you serious?

Note: no need to answer
That was a joke from a post by Money years ago. See my sig.

Still avoiding the cherry picking comment I see.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all those people that voted him into the Hall of Fame on the first ballot. But you know, they were probably just swayed by a super persuasive argument that blinded them. Yep, that's got to be it. The case that got John Elway into the Hall of Fame was "Ladies and gentlemen, John Elway."
You really want to base your arguement on a bunch of easily influenced media types?

So I guess in 2025 you'll carry your pom-poms for Eli's election?

After all he has better stats.

Things that make you go hmmm.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really want to base your arguement on a bunch of easily influenced media types?

So I guess in 2025 you'll carry your pom-poms for Eli's election?

After all he has better stats.

Things that make you go hmmm.
Are those easily influenced media types Broncos homers? Because earlier you said no one but "die hard Broncos homers think (Elway) was great."

And yes I believe Eli should be in the Hall of Fame. He is a two time Super Bowl MVP. The only qb with multiple Super Bowl wins that's eligible for the Hall but not there is Plunkett.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are those easily influenced media types Broncos homers? Because earlier you said no one but "die hard Broncos homers think (Elway) was great."

And yes I believe Eli should be in the Hall of Fame. He is a two time Super Bowl MVP. The only qb with multiple Super Bowl wins that's eligible for the Hall but not there is Plunkett.
Well naturally you'd say Eli is a hall of famer. What else could you say?

I can't recall if you're one of those SBs are a team accomplishment not an indivdual accomplishment types or not?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady about to reach 600TD for his career. Elway had 300TD’s(and actually ranks 12th all-time)! Brady just demolishing the record book.
Brady notched #600 today. It will be a while before we see another member of the 600 TD club. That much is for sure.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a cool story. It doesn't take much to be nice...

But, he's till a douche... :D