• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady 196 yards after catch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A failed thread about Brady winning the SB MVP turns into a Seattle tissue festival of injury excuses.

Whoda thunk?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please spare me the injury excuses. Brady passed for 400 yards against the healthy Seattle D last time they played and he would have carved them up again.

1) Brady has never thrown for 400 yards against the Seahawks. You could respond "close enough", but still never happened.

2) Different defensive philosophy under a different defensive coordinator.

3) Well over 2 years before this game happened and had no bearing on this game or whether Brady should have been MVP of it or not. IMO, he wasn't even the most valuable player on the NE offense. No one but Hammer (not a Hawks fan) is saying that Brady sucks, just that he wasn't MVP.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A failed thread about Brady winning the SB MVP turns into a Seattle tissue festival of injury excuses.

Whoda thunk?

Failed, huh? They why have you posted twice - does that mean you only participate in failures?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awful post full of sour grapes. Get a life and move on with it.

2013 YAC leader: Demaryius Thomas, the WR for the guy Hammer thinks about when he doggies his gf, Peyton Manning.

Yards after the Catch (YAC): 2013 NFL Season

2014 YAC stats - Aaron Rodgers has 2 WRs in the top 10

Yards after the Catch (YAC): 2014 NFL Season

It takes a great QB to see where his receivers will be going after the catch, and it takes a real fan of the game to understand exactly what they're watching.

Unless Rodgers and Peyton are system QBs too.

Whoa, looks like I channeled RobBase's inner butthurt. Sorry, Cupcake. I'll be more gentle next time.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady won the MVP and he deserved to. Look what he did when down 10 points against the best defense in the league. He took what they gave him and won the game. That last play would never have happened if not for a miraculous catch to begin with.

The right man won the MVP.

Where was Brady in nthe first 20 minutes of the second half? What was he doing that was so MVP-worthy? Brady was completely shut down in the second half before Cliff Avril left tthe game with a concussion. Brady was not the patriot most valuable person in those final two drives.

Where was Brady when the play occured that snatched defeat from the jaws of victory for Seattle? He was on the bench watching his defense save his ass.

What did Brady say to Josh McDaniels on the bench woith 30 seconds left in the ggame and Seattle on the one yard line? "We had them." We HAD them. He knew it was over. He could not win the game against LOBlite. The HOF QB could not win a game against a defense that featured four second stringers and three guys who should have been on the PUP List. He had to be bailed out.

That isn't the description of an MVP.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so now that a week has gone by and everyone has seen this game at least three times.....................Seattle lost because of injuries and the Patriots suck. The Patriots QB sucks and can only throw passes 2.67 yards.

The fact that the defensive line was healthy and couldn't get to Brady played no part in the game. The fact that the linebackers were health and couldn't get to Brady or stop those short passes had nothing to do with the game.............go back to 2013. The Patriots had 11 starters on IR and still made it to the AFC Championship. Injuries are as much a part of the game as anything. If you Seahawks fans want to blame injuries for your loss, fine. You should be blaming your win in the NFC Championship game on Aaron Rodgers' injury, otherwise you'd never have been in Arizona.

The Seahawks lost to a better team on Sunday February 1, 2015. On February 8, 2015 it might have been a totally different story..........................get over it, crying about it ain't gonna change anything.

they were?:scratch:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said anything about NE not losing. In fact it was rather the opposite.

This was about the MVP and Brady should not have won it Butler had played very good the whole game with 3 passes defensed before the INT and Edelman killed the YAC. One of those two were far more deserving. Brady got it because he is a QB with a pretty boy face and a hot wife. He got it because of his rep and not the game.

Edelman certainly deserved consideration but Brady's performance in the 4th qtr was noteworthy as well. And drives with 3 yards passes aren't that easy to make if you miss some of them which Brady didn't.

As far as the injuries to the Legion of Boom, I distinctly remember some fans here talking about how they were going to manhandle those Patriots receivers...

I guess not. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman certainly deserved consideration but Brady's performance in the 4th qtr was noteworthy as well. And drives with 3 yards passes aren't that easy to make if you miss some of them which Brady didn't.

As far as the injuries to the Legion of Boom, I distinctly remember some fans here talking about how they were going to manhandle those Patriots receivers...

I guess not. ;)

Heard plenty the week leading up to the game that everyone was good to go, but I guess that meant only if they won.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was Brady in nthe first 20 minutes of the second half? What was he doing that was so MVP-worthy? Brady was completely shut down in the second half before Cliff Avril left tthe game with a concussion. Brady was not the patriot most valuable person in those final two drives.

Where was Brady when the play occured that snatched defeat from the jaws of victory for Seattle? He was on the bench watching his defense save his ass.

What did Brady say to Josh McDaniels on the bench woith 30 seconds left in the ggame and Seattle on the one yard line? "We had them." We HAD them. He knew it was over. He could not win the game against LOBlite. The HOF QB could not win a game against a defense that featured four second stringers and three guys who should have been on the PUP List. He had to be bailed out.

That isn't the description of an MVP.

That's why it was a good game. Both teams had moments where they were dominating their opponent.

The Patriots scored 14 in the 1st half and looked in control and then Seattle stormed back to even the game and take a 10 point lead in the 3rd. Then Brady led the Patriots back to take the lead and then the big end.

BTW where was the Seattle offense in the 4th qtr? Without the Patriots D stopping them in the 4th the comeback wouldn't have been possible.

Good game.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll helped them out in the end. But other than Hammer, the people who disagree with Brady getting the MVP are pointing towards Edelman who had a damn good game too.

And I think Belichick "helped" Carroll by not calling the TO.

To me there should have been a 3 way MVP. Brady, Edelman and....

Butler.

Aside from his big INT he is also the guy who grabbed Kearse's right arm and prevented Kearse from making that late 3rd quarter catch. He went up with Kearse and as Kearse was trying to squeeze with both hands, Butler grabbed inside Kearse's right elbow and tugged, preventing the squeeze and Seattle was punting on the next play instead of being in scoring position.

Folks say Kearse dropped that pass, but Butler actually made his first huge play of the game. That nobody on TV said anything about.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard plenty the week leading up to the game that everyone was good to go, but I guess that meant only if they won.

Just stop guys, you know you're not going to get a rational conversation so soon after the Super Bowl. I know it's been over a week, but you've been on the other side of these kind of losses.

I'm sure there were inconsistencies among fans in each of your Super Bowl losses as well. If you want to keep ignoring the people who agree with you, just so you can pointlessly argue with those that don't then know that it makes for a very trollish conversation.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Butler.

Aside from his big INT he is also the guy who grabbed Kearse's right arm and prevented Kearse from making that late 3rd quarter catch. He went up with Kearse and as Kearse was trying to squeeze with both hands, Butler grabbed inside Kearse's right elbow and tugged, preventing the squeeze and Seattle was punting on the next play instead of being in scoring position.

Folks say Kearse dropped that pass, but Butler actually made his first huge play of the game. That nobody on TV said anything about.

Butler also tripped him on an important play too. It didn't get called, which I'm fine with, he was just making plays all over the board. MVP in my book.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW where was the Seattle offense in the 4th qtr? Without the Patriots D stopping them in the 4th the comeback wouldn't have been possible.

I believe I read where the Pats defense never gave up a 4th quarter TD the last 8 (maybe more?) games of the year playoffs included, including the Buffalo loss in week 17.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler also tripped him on an important play too. It didn't get called, which I'm fine with, he was just making plays all over the board. MVP in my book.

I wouldn't argue that. But Chancellor got away with a big hit to the head.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure, injuries are part of the game. Hightower (who tackled Lynch at the one) was playing with a shoulder that's going to need labrum surgery or something in the off-season. That's just the way it is.

I also think defense's tire out in any high-pressure game like these. There's no way D's are as fresh as they were the 1st.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't argue that. But Chancellor got away with a big hit to the head.

Oh yeah, it happens every game and I'm very cool with the refs not throwing flags. Let the guys play.

My point in bringing it up is that Butler was making an impact on a lot of plays that will quietly be forgotten. He should have won MVP.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A time out might have given Carroll time to think out his options. Instead Bill Bellichick is a Geeeenius! ;)

Butler.

Butler played well. I hope he's not a one game wonder.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, it happens every game and I'm very cool with the refs not throwing flags. Let the guys play.

My point in bringing it up is that Butler was making an impact on a lot of plays that will quietly be forgotten. He should have won MVP.

I agree. I know I won't forget.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Status
Not open for further replies.