• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady 196 yards after catch

Status
Not open for further replies.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 incompletions against "THE BEST DEFENSE IN FOOTBALL" (or so I've heard) in the entire 4th quarter, scoring 2 TDs on time consuming drives.

They backed into that one alright...

You or I could have completed those passes.

Well, I could at least.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 incompletions against "THE BEST DEFENSE IN FOOTBALL" (or so I've heard) in the entire 4th quarter, scoring 2 TDs on time consuming drives.

They backed into that one alright...

Carroll helped them out in the end. But other than Hammer, the people who disagree with Brady getting the MVP are pointing towards Edelman who had a damn good game too.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A large majority of Brady's completions were screen passes and dump offs. He was not the reason why the New England Patriots won that game. Malcolm Butler's great read of the slant pass that the Seahawks were running, and his perfectly timed jump snagging the ball away from Lockette is what won the game for the Patriots.

That being said, Brady is still a hall of famer and one of the greatest QBs of all time. The New England Patriot offense now masks his inefficiencies that have developed with age.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. The usual Seahawk swagger was missing, possibly connected to Sherman's injury and his own low self confidence going into the game. His attitude fuels that defense and it was AWOL for that SB. Maybe he had his mind on his new kid or his injury, but his head wasn't in it and it showed all leading up to the big game. End result was Brady orchestrating the GOAT comeback against this amazing D. That's why he won the MVP.

Defense was not the problem. The Seahawks defense did what it needed to give the Seahawks offense a chance to win the game. The Seahawks offense is what blew the game. They had the ball at the one yard line and turned the ball over.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady only deserved to be MVP if Seattle won, in which case he was the best player on their team.

The dude flat sucks.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense was not the problem. The Seahawks defense did what it needed to give the Seahawks offense a chance to win the game. The Seahawks offense is what blew the game. They had the ball at the one yard line and turned the ball over.

The offense put up a 10 point lead with 15 minutes of football left to play. SOME (I'd say most, but not all) blame has to go to the defense who let that turn into a 4 point deficit.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When in doubt, give it to the QB. I didn't think Eli deserved his MVP;s either. Justin Tuck should have gotten the one in 2007. For the record I would have gone with Edelman

That's basically how Brady got his first MVP in the SB against the Rams... He only had 134 yards passing the entire game and was given the MVP...

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob, just post a link of who actually did win the MVP. The source doesn't even matter. I would but I'm looking up stories on how some people become sooo delusional.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You or I could have completed those passes.

Well, I could at least.

Joe Montana says hi. He was the original king of the 3 yard slant to Rice and watching him run for 70 yards or dump off to Roger Craig or Ricky Watters but does that mean Joe sucked??? Brady and Montana are the same QB's IMO. Both are great can't deny it.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Montana says hi. He was the original king of the 3 yard slant to Rice and watching him run for 70 yards or dump off to Roger Craig or Ricky Watters but does that mean Joe sucked??? Brady and Montana are the same QB's IMO. Both are great can't deny it.

Montana to Watters? They played 1 game together in their entire careers.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line: NE won. Period. Whatever they were doing worked. If it had to be short passes and YAC, then so be it. Why stop what was working? NE only went deep when the match-up was there, Gronk vs Wagnor, Gronk won. Mock Brady all you want. There was a game plan in place and NE stuck to it cause Sea could not defend it. I honestly think you all care about the MVP more than Brady does. Still a hell of a game.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said anything about NE not losing. In fact it was rather the opposite.

This was about the MVP and Brady should not have won it Butler had played very good the whole game with 3 passes defensed before the INT and Edelman killed the YAC. One of those two were far more deserving. Brady got it because he is a QB with a pretty boy face and a hot wife. He got it because of his rep and not the game.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady won the MVP and he deserved to. Look what he did when down 10 points against the best defense in the league. He took what they gave him and won the game. That last play would never have happened if not for a miraculous catch to begin with.

The right man won the MVP.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he threw 50 times and only had 132 aerial yards? That's, what, 2.64 aerial yards per attempt? LOL. How is this guy the MVP of the game? His receivers' ability to elude previously-injured Seattle defenders is what provided the offense.

This isn't anything new. Since 2008, Brady has been ranked in the bottom third of aerial passing yards per attempt every season. It's how the offense is run.

Last season, Seattle was lucky to be one of the healthiest teams in the league and used that advantage to demolish the Broncos - this season their defense (especially backfield) wasn't very lucky with injuries and they missed the tackles they made in XLVIII. You have Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor and Lane healthy for the game and Brady's numbers look most likely worse than Manning's last year. Unfortunately, injuries are part of the game, and despite them the defense still made a decent showing (mad props to Chancellor playing through a major knee injury, dude is just tough).

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady took what the defense gave him. He watched enough tape and executed the game plan well, but I agree, I'd have given a dual MVP to Edelman and Butler.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so now that a week has gone by and everyone has seen this game at least three times.....................Seattle lost because of injuries and the Patriots suck. The Patriots QB sucks and can only throw passes 2.67 yards.

The fact that the defensive line was healthy and couldn't get to Brady played no part in the game. The fact that the linebackers were health and couldn't get to Brady or stop those short passes had nothing to do with the game.............go back to 2013. The Patriots had 11 starters on IR and still made it to the AFC Championship. Injuries are as much a part of the game as anything. If you Seahawks fans want to blame injuries for your loss, fine. You should be blaming your win in the NFC Championship game on Aaron Rodgers' injury, otherwise you'd never have been in Arizona.

The Seahawks lost to a better team on Sunday February 1, 2015. On February 8, 2015 it might have been a totally different story..........................get over it, crying about it ain't gonna change anything.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is an epic fail. No wonder most of the Hoop thinks the Seahawks fans are knuckleheads.

Any QB who engineers a 10 pt, 4th quarter comeback is going to win the MVP............every time.

Please spare me the injury excuses. Brady passed for 400 yards against the healthy Seattle D last time they played and he would have carved them up again.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the defensive line was healthy and couldn't get to Brady played no part in the game.

Defensive line healthy? You do know that Seattle was missing their top two DTs (Mebane and Hill), right? Which forced them to play a little used DE at DT (Dobbs) as well as their FB and a guy they took off the street before the Green Bay game.They also lost their starting DE in the 3rd quarter to a concussion. Not sure how you're getting the defensive line was healthy.

The only defensive unit not completely decimated by injury for the Seahawks was the LBs.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's defense was exposed as the overrated group of roid heads and morons that they are. If they could tackle there would be no YAC. If they could cover they would be no catch to begin with. Pffffffft

Unfortunately for them they didn't get to play one of the shitty QB's in their own division in this Super Bowl. You know the guys I'm talking about right?? Colin Copperdick, Sam Badford and the 4th string ball boy in AZ. Without 6 games of fluffing their defensive stats against those gawd awful offenses Seattles D would be middle of the pack...............at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.