• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bradley Roby Arrested.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
.008? I thought you meant .08.

The story said he failed a sobriety test. .008 is failing the test? That seems contradictory.

They can take you in if they say you failed the field test.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I want to know wether the cop is a michigan fan. Just sayin. :10:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That's what it says. .008. 10x less than legal limit. Not .08

Ok, well I just looked; and they have that detail in the story now. Maybe they didn't have that detail right away? Maybe it took a while to confirm that?

Regardless, I guess all is well now?

Bradley Roby charged with operating a vehicle under the influence | ProFootballTalk

This past weekend my client Bradley Roby was issued a citation in Columbus, Ohio for operating a vehicle while impaired (OVI),” Perrett said in a statement. “Bradley was sitting in his parked car in a parking lot when he was approached and questioned by an officer. He was fully cooperative and willingly submitted to field sobriety and breathalyzer tests. His BAC test registered a negligible .008 and after further testing at the police station, he was very quickly released on his own recognizance. There are no other charges, and we are confident that this matter will be resolved quickly and favorably for Bradley. However, as the matter is still pending, we cannot comment further at this time.”

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I just realized you're a Buckeye fan. It's all making sense now. :)

They updated the article. It wasn't in the original story. Before PFT put the story out, I follow an Ohio ST news group and they had all of this info already out. That's why PFT pissed me off.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just realized you're a Buckeye fan. It's all making sense now. :)

If you are suggesting Rv is showing homerism, well he is not. PFT's writing has been just plain bad. They are more worried with breaking the story than proper reporting. This is just another example of that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If you are suggesting Rv is showing homerism, well he is not. PFT's writing has been just plain bad. They are more worried with breaking the story than proper reporting. This is just another example of that.

I was just givin' him a hard time. It may have been an intentional omission, but we can't know for sure. Either way, they fixed it; and it's one very small detail.

It's not exactly NBC editing George Zimmerman's 911 call to make him look like a racist.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I was just givin' him a hard time. It may have been an intentional omission, but we can't know for sure. Either way, they fixed it; and it's one very small detail.

It's not exactly NBC editing George Zimmerman's 911 call to make him look like a racist.

But it's close no?:suds:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
But it's close no?:suds:

If I were a Buckeye fan it would probably seem that way. :suds:

By the way, I initially thought you meant it was dramatizing to report the story at all; not leaving out the .008. You had a point about that.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If I were a Buckeye fan it would probably seem that way. :suds:

By the way, I initially thought you meant it was dramatizing to report the story at all; not leaving out the .008. You had a point about that.

No it was a bad word choice on my part. I'm a big Roby fan. Feel like tOSU used him, and the rest of the DBs, wrong last year. He is going to be a damn good player.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He is going to be a damn good player.

You'll get no argument from me about that. DBs who have that combination of quickness, violence in their games & coordination / flexibility simply don't come around very often. He & Louis Nix are at the very top of my wish list.

I'm hoping this non-story scares dumb GMs away from him like the non-story about Carl Nicks scared GMs away from him back in 2008.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's not barely officer, that's just the scent Roby has after being toasted so many times.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He blew a .008. Ten times LESS than the legal limit. That's like a beer. As in one. So do we not draft players who have ever drank one beer?

If it was 0.008, I'll retract the "drinker" statement. However, less than a month before the draft I'd be steering clear of anything and everything that might lead to trouble. Guilty or not, this will scare some teams and cost him some dollars.

I am a "where there's smoke there's fire" kind of guy. He's had at least one other issue where the charges were dropped/reduced as well. Even if he was innocent on that, trouble seems to find some people.....yellow flag on him at a minimum.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was 0.008, I'll retract the "drinker" statement. However, less than a month before the draft I'd be steering clear of anything and everything that might lead to trouble. Guilty or not, this will scare some teams and cost him some dollars.

I am a "where there's smoke there's fire" kind of guy. He's had at least one other issue where the charges were dropped/reduced as well. Even if he was innocent on that, trouble seems to find some people.....yellow flag on him at a minimum.
:agree:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

The other incident he was at a bar and he defended himself believe. I understand where your coming from, but Roby hasn't done anything even remotely bad, and people want to stay clear of him for "off field issues". If this is bad enough for you to stay clear of him , you wouldn't be able to draft 99% of the guys eligible for the draft.

Now, if you don't think he is a good corner, that's another thing.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That's not barely officer, that's just the scent Roby has after being toasted so many times.

What does that say about your boy? Roby shut him down at Penn State. I remember you saying he was going to rip Roby to pieces. He didn't do crap. I know you will put up his stats, but you will fail to say how they all came in garbage time when ohio state had already pounded penn st into the ground. Anybody who watched that game knows he did nothing against Roby.

If you watched Ohio State as much as I did, you would know that Roby wasn't used the same as the year before. He was never in man press and always gave an 8 yard cushion. In fact Urban Meyer even acknowledged this and changed up the scheme in the back end. Brought in Chris Ash, and they played almost all man press in their spring game. Roby is going to be a good player.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What does that say about your boy? Roby shut him down at Penn State. I remember you saying he was going to rip Roby to pieces. He didn't do crap. I know you will put up his stats, but you will fail to say how they all came in garbage time when ohio state had already pounded penn st into the ground. Anybody who watched that game knows he did nothing against Roby.

If you watched Ohio State as much as I did, you would know that Roby wasn't used the same as the year before. He was never in man press and always gave an 8 yard cushion. In fact Urban Meyer even acknowledged this and changed up the scheme in the back end. Brought in Chris Ash, and they played almost all man press in their spring game. Roby is going to be a good player.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...-fb-season-2014-nfl-draft-38.html#post4039217

Yeah cause I'm the type to not put things in context.

The video on draftbreakdown speaks for itself

Bradley Roby vs Penn State (2013) | Draft Breakdown

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...-fb-season-2014-nfl-draft-38.html#post4039217

Yeah cause I'm the type to not put things in context.

The video on draftbreakdown speaks for itself

Bradley Roby vs Penn State (2013) | Draft Breakdown

Just trying to get under your skin. Every time Roby's name is said you seem to be the first there to try and squash it. Don't take it personal. Penn St sure is recruiting like mad men. We need more competitive teams in the big ten. Tired of hearing the SEC talk.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Last edited by a moderator:

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
0.008 is around the natural level of alcohol in your system. That's why this will get dropped and sucks for timing because although he did nothing wrong I'm sure GM's may hesitate a touch more now.