• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bradley Roby Arrested.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two weeks before the draft and he gets arrested. He was already borderline 1st round. He's definitely hurt his chances of being drafted on the 1st day. How stupid can you get.:L

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow,he was projected to go in the first round I believe. Can you say free fall.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Do you think he falls in the bottom of the 2nd round?

The bottom of the 2nd? Nah. Some of the top teams might pass on him at the end of the first (none of them the 49ers I hope).

I can't see many bad or mediocre teams passing on him though. They have much less to lose & everything to gain. If he's still there at 33 I think he goes in the next 5 picks at the latest.

Before this, however, there was no chance he'd be there at 30. :drool:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't see this hurting him all that bad. It can be hard to prove driving beyond a reasonable doubt in these types of cases.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the agent's statement is true about his BAC and the scenario, then this kid just has some bad luck. The timing couldn't be worse but the situation will resolve itself in courts w/little to no penalty.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom of the 2nd? Nah. Some of the top teams might pass on him at the end of the first (none of them the 49ers I hope).

I can't see many bad or mediocre teams passing on him though. They have much less to lose & everything to gain. If he's still there at 33 I think he goes in the next 5 picks at the latest.

Before this, however, there was no chance he'd be there at 30. :drool:

Maybe the Niners could trade up for him early in the 2nd round. I'm still thinking Niners draft a CB in the 1st round, but if they don't, Roby is a possibility in the 2nd round.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I hate the media. Kid blows an .008 has his car impounded and searched. They find nothing, charges will be dropped and the media post stories over dramatizing the situation. Screw what could happen to people's reputation! We want clicks! Fuck off PFT or should I say TMZ junior.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I hate the media. Kid blows an .008 has his car impounded and searched. They find nothing, charges will be dropped and the media post stories over dramatizing the situation.

How the hell is this being dramatized? A dude who's going to be drafted to the NFL in 2 weeks gets an OVI; that's a news story. Are they supposed to just not report something like that? As if it would never get out to the public?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
How the hell is this being dramatized? A dude who's going to be drafted to the NFL in 2 weeks gets an OVI; that's a news story. Are they supposed to just not report something like that? As if it would never get out to the public?

They leave out information that is readily available. Like I don't know, he only blew a .008 and they searched his car and found nothing and charges are being dropped. I knew all of this BEFORE PFT posted their story. They left it out to make it sound worse so they could get more clicks.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got plenty of drinkers on the team......pass.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
They leave out information that is readily available. Like I don't know, he only blew a .008 and they searched his car and found nothing and charges are being dropped. I knew all of this BEFORE PFT posted their story. They left it out to make it sound worse so they could get more clicks.

First of all, the charges haven't been dropped yet, so they can't just speculate that they're going to be. THAT would be irresponsible.

Secondly, they provided extensive detail. They even said he was passed out in his car (which makes the situation look LESS serious not more serious).

And the fact that he blew the lowest level to still be considered a crime is irrelevant. The story isn't that he blew a low-level illegal amount; the story is that he was arrested for an OVI. That's like accusing them of irresponsible journalism by reporting a guy robbed the cash register of a gas station but omitting that he left all the change in the drawer.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We got plenty of drinkers on the team......pass.

He blew a .008. Ten times LESS than the legal limit. That's like a beer. As in one. So do we not draft players who have ever drank one beer?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He blew a .008. Ten times LESS than the legal limit. That's like a beer. As in one. So do we not draft players who have ever drank one beer?

.008? I thought you meant .08.

The story said he failed a sobriety test. .008 is failing the test? That seems contradictory.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
First of all, the charges haven't been dropped yet, so they can't just speculate that they're going to be. THAT would be irresponsible.

Secondly, they provided extensive detail. They even said he was passed out in his car (which makes the situation look LESS serious not more serious).

And the fact that he blew the lowest level to still be considered a crime is irrelevant. The story isn't that he blew a low-level illegal amount; the story is that he was arrested for an OVI. That's like accusing them of irresponsible journalism by reporting a guy robbed the cash register of a gas station but omitting that he left all the change in the drawer.

No including that sources say charges will be dropped is not irresponsible. It puts things in perspective. Kid didn't do a thing wrong, and now he could have his stock fall because of it. That's bullshit.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
.008? I thought you meant .08.

The story said he failed a sobriety test. .008 is failing the test? That seems contradictory.

That's what it says. .008. 10x less than legal limit. Not .08