• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bradford out for season

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a big time bummer.... Didn't look like a bad injury when it happened..

Last edited by a moderator:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he wasn't hit very hard at all, but if that popped his ACL then he wasn't going to last 1 real game either. Why was he not wearing a brace?!?!?!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he wasn't hit very hard at all, but if that popped his ACL then he wasn't going to last 1 real game either. Why was he not wearing a brace?!?!?!

Was it the same area he had the surgery on ? I didn't see that yet...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
must be an awful feeling for the fans and demoralizing for the team im sure they feel like the season is over before it has even begun. I blame the rams mgt for not having a solid back up plan or drafting someone in the higher rounds, dare i say they should have drafted blake bortles?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was he not wearing a brace?!?!

I asked this before and i am still shocked about that fact. It's preseason and he is coming off an ACL surgery, Why risk it and not wear a brace. He no matter what should never have taken the field this preseason with out one.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was he not wearing a brace?!?!

I asked this before and i am still shocked about that fact. It's preseason and he is coming off an ACL surgery, Why risk it and not wear a brace. He no matter what should never have taken the field this preseason with out one.

Good point...

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually you dont wear a brace after acl. Had mine done in high school,was told a brace offers no help.

From a Orthopedics website...

In most cases, the answer is no, at least as best we can tell. No study has clearly shown that post-operative knee braces protect the healing graft after an ACL reconstruction. In multiple studies, patients who have had ACL reconstruction surgery were given a knee brace and compared to patients who did not wear a knee brace. None of these studies were able to demonstrate any significant difference between these groups of patients.

It is possible that we simply don't have a good enough test to detect a difference between these groups of patients. However, even if there is a small difference between patients who have a knee brace and those that do not, it is likely a very small difference. Therefore, whether or not you were given a knee brace after ACL reconstruction surgery depends more on surgeon preference than on scientific data.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I saw the hit... it looked like it was a pretty light hit and he just went down. Blame the Rams and the doctors for this. The point of having a brace on him should be an emphasis and yet, he was not wearing one?

I can't believe they let him back on the field after having surgery on that knee without any protection. So much talent but can't seem to stay on the field.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Guys. Some of you have taken the time to come over to the Rams board and offer some pretty respectful comments about Bradford. As the Mod on that board, I just wanted say thanks for those comments and my opinion of SeaHawks fans has been bolstered once again. You guys are alright in my book. Stop by from time-to-time especially when we play. BTW, congrats on the Superbowl win!!

Also, Bradford was wearing a brace on his left knee. There is a lot of speculation as to why he tore the same ACL especially with a brace but what is emerging is that the Bradford experiment is pretty much done because he simply can't stay healthy and he is relatively immobile unlike Wilson. We have given this guy nearly $75+ mill and he hasn't developed. Granted, some of that is because we have had such shit drafts for so long that he has had to play with and behind total stiffs.

Going forward, I think they will say good-bye to Bradford especially with the next draft that is chocked full of very good QBs. So yep, it is safe to state at this time, that he is toast. We shall see you guys later. Any further thoughts, you know where to find me.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Bradford just can't catch a break (no pun intended). As much as I'm pulling for the guy, the Rams org needs to move on. Sadly (for Bradford) I think this is the final straw.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor kid is snake bitten. Injuries derailed his college season, and this is the 3rd time?? he's had a season ending injury???

If I was a rams fan i'd be furious at my FO. Not having a solid backup plan.

Edit: Their D is still going to give people fits though......

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor kid is snake bitten. Injuries derailed his college season, and this is the 3rd time?? he's had a season ending injury???

If I was a rams fan i'd be furious at my FO. Not having a solid backup plan.

Edit: Their D is still going to give people fits though......

Yah 3rd time. 2011, 2013, and this year.

I feel bad for Rams fans. It's one thing to have a non-playoff season at full strength, it's another when you keep losing the most important starting position on the team.

Either way, why the Rams are not drafting some QBs earlier on is beyond me. Even then, I would've been furious if I was a Rams fan and passed on Bortles. New CBA they could've easily carried Bortles/Bradford's ridiculous non-CBA salary. I was ecstatic when the Rams took the OT (Smith I think?).

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Retro is right in that it is time for the Rams org to part ways with Bradford.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this on the 49ers board

Guy has a career full of them. There actually wanting to talk to the Eagles about the Sanchise.

Errly(sp) reminiscent of the Trent Green Injury in 1999. A good College QB who just never got the chance or a good QB from up north.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah 3rd time. 2011, 2013, and this year.

I feel bad for Rams fans. It's one thing to have a non-playoff season at full strength, it's another when you keep losing the most important starting position on the team.

Either way, why the Rams are not drafting some QBs earlier on is beyond me. Even then, I would've been furious if I was a Rams fan and passed on Bortles. New CBA they could've easily carried Bortles/Bradford's ridiculous non-CBA salary. I was ecstatic when the Rams took the OT (Smith I think?).

I think they should of taken Bortles also.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the replay of the Rams vs Browns game and yeah he did have a brace on. So that leaves me to say this. The Doctor that worked on Bradfords knee needs to be looked at. If this happened even with a brace on then he shouldn't have even been in the game. They should have been able to tell that the knee was not ready to take any kind of abuse if it tore WITH A BRACE ON from a hit you see 5-10 times a game almost vs a QB ( light tap around the legs from people on the ground).