• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bpa rb at 34?

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For you bpa draft guys if the bpa is a rb at 34 do you draft him??????

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AP was available at 34...sure. BPA will not be a RB and RBs have no value early in the draft.

When people say BPA, they don't mean at positions that are locked and I do mean locked.

We have what we hope is a franchise QB and we have a legitimate backup that could be more.
We have a pro-bowl RB, a legit backup, and a young guy in Thompson that Gruden likes. We have led the NFL in rushing the last two seasons combined...I don't really think our running game is a problem.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With zero need for a RB you would think no. However if the guys you have behind him are a serious drop off in talent, then you at least consider the move. What you dont do is drafta CB, ILB, WR or other position you have a 3rd round grade on in the second when you have a RB you gave a 1st round grade sitting there

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, the only positions you can actually be too deep on when talking football is Kicker, Punter and Long snapper. Any other position that consistently has a starter playing 70% of the snaps, the more depth the better. Because every guy on your team is one bad hit away from you needing his replacement on the field.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is obviously a loaded question, lol. Can't wait to get our 1st round pick back next year.
I will say I wouldn't be shocked if we take a CB. Fuller, Roby & Verrett are all supposedly 1st round picks/1st round grades. In the NFL.com/Cbssports mocks...that knocks Benjamen/Tuitt into the 2nd round in 99% of them.
So you have the case of BPA not necessarily being a need...BUT you land a great potential prospect for.........CHEAP!!!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coach , go look up the positions of the BPA GUYS and rethink the stupidity you just posted

No shit coach. No team puts any value on a RB this day and age. It is a pass first league and the shelf life of a RB is nothing. Going forward a 1st RB will be few and far between. Probably won't have one at all this year.

If we picked a RB at 34, I would probably like to drive up to DC and punch Allen and Snyder in the face. Seriously.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since there isn't a RB that is valued that high, this is a stupid question. But if there were, you trade the pick.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since there isn't a RB that is valued that high, this is a stupid question. But if there were, you trade the pick.

Winner - winner!!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that sometimes you simply cant trade out of the spot without taking alot les than the pick of that player would be worth. If 34 truely was a spot where the BPA was a player we dont have a pressing need for yet nothing we truely need is worth the pick. If you cant deal the pick, you dont reach and take a lesser player, you dont deal the pick for less than its worth. You take the talented player and either try and deal the player, or bolster depth.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that depends on what your team looks like shark. In the odd event that everyone on our board (with a 1st or early 2nd grade) is gone AND you can't move the pick, you take someone there that will help the team and possibly be a starter, even if they have a late 2nd or 3rd round grade. I think it would be silly to take a RB who will sit behind Morris or another player in a position where we do a actually have a long term starter. That's JMHO. We have so many holes to fill, we don't really have to worry about this anyhow.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that depends on what your team looks like shark. In the odd event that everyone on our board (with a 1st or early 2nd grade) is gone AND you can't move the pick, you take someone there that will help the team and possibly be a starter, even if they have a late 2nd or 3rd round grade. I think it would be silly to take a RB who will sit behind Morris or another player in a position where we do a actually have a long term starter. That's JMHO. We have so many holes to fill, we don't really have to worry about this anyhow.

Sparks, you remain true to your board period. If the RB sitting there at 34 had a grade of pick 26 or higher, and the Safety you actually need had a grade of pick 70, you dont reach for the safety. I agree the odds are slim we would not be able to find some one worthy of the pick at 34 other than a RB. But say its a stud DE and we already signed Hatcher.. .you still take the DE even if you need the safety or WRe more.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sparks, you remain true to your board period. If the RB sitting there at 34 had a grade of pick 26 or higher, and the Safety you actually need had a grade of pick 70, you dont reach for the safety. I agree the odds are slim we would not be able to find some one worthy of the pick at 34 other than a RB. But say its a stud DE and we already signed Hatcher.. .you still take the DE even if you need the safety or WRe more.

I assume you mean with a large discrepency Shark...I'm sure somebody out there will question you on that. And if so, I agree.

If we were to take a RB that people didn't try and trade for and you have him this high in the draft, you try to trade Morris. It won't happen but we should. Just like I said we should have traded Cooley and Moss when they were still performing.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you mean with a large discrepency Shark...I'm sure somebody out there will question you on that. And if so, I agree.

If we were to take a RB that people didn't try and trade for and you have him this high in the draft, you try to trade Morris. It won't happen but we should. Just like I said we should have traded Cooley and Moss when they were still performing.

Of course i mean with a large discrepancy. I mean lets say a QB drops to us, no one is going to trade up to our spot from say two spots down because they know we wont take a QB in the second, and chances are the team picking right behind us wont either. But for the most part you stick to your board, dont reach, and dont draft a guy who you had rated lower simply because you need some one at the position. Thats how you end up making bad picks.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are doing a MAJOR reach??? Sure. I get that

But a not so huge reach... I think it would be make more sense for this FO to pick a RT with a mid to late 2nd round grade at 34 versus a RB (that we don't need) who might have a mid to late 1st round grade. When we have a loaded young team in a few years, then we can make decisions like that and truly draft BPA regardless of position.

Some positions you can never have enough good players and depth (OL and DL). So I am never too mad when we draft those players.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are doing a MAJOR reach??? Sure. I get that

But a not so huge reach... I think it would be make more sense for this FO to pick a RT with a mid to late 2nd round grade at 34 versus a RB (that we don't need) who might have a mid to late 1st round grade. When we have a loaded young team in a few years, then we can make decisions like that and truly draft BPA regardless of position.

Some positions you can never have enough good players and depth (OL and DL). So I am never too mad when we draft those players.

You will never reach a solid team if you draft on need by reaching.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is obviously a loaded question, lol. Can't wait to get our 1st round pick back next year.
I will say I wouldn't be shocked if we take a CB. Fuller, Roby & Verrett are all supposedly 1st round picks/1st round grades. In the NFL.com/Cbssports mocks...that knocks Benjamen/Tuitt into the 2nd round in 99% of them.
So you have the case of BPA not necessarily being a need...BUT you land a great potential prospect for.........CHEAP!!!

Let's all hope that next years first round pick is #32

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will never reach a solid team if you draft on need by reaching.

I agree. Reaching for any player is not something you ever want to do. But wrt this argument, you aren't helping this team AT ALL by wasting a 2nd round pick on someone who will sit on the bench behind a pro bowl level player at their respective position.

When we have a Super Bowl team that is set at every position (starter and depth) ... Then you can pick that 2nd RB that have few meaningful snaps in his first 2 or 3 years.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Reaching for any player is not something you ever want to do. But wrt this argument, you aren't helping this team AT ALL by wasting a 2nd round pick on someone who will sit on the bench behind a pro bowl level player at their respective position.

When we have a Super Bowl team that is set at every position (starter and depth) ... Then you can pick that 2nd RB that have few meaningful snaps in his first 2 or 3 years.

Nobody is saying take a RB you have with a grade of 88 over a S you have a grade of 87 on. What is being said is this...if you have a RB with a grade of 93 and the next best player on your board has a grade of 84...you take the RB if you can't trade the pick. More important than if he plays year one is if he can be successful on our team in year 3.