• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bowe's arrest

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can he claim smoking pot was the result of emotional distress from having alex smith as his qb?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can he claim smoking pot was the result of emotional distress from having alex smith as his qb?

All the guy does is win and yet you still feel the need to cheap shot him. What's up? Especially when our own QB is so woefully bad.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You say that like it is a bad thing... It must be emotional distressing to be 9-0 then.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are athletes so dumb. I have no problem with marijuana. But it's still illegal and if you driving with it why the hell are you speeding. He's just one of those guys...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that like it is a bad thing... It must be emotional distressing to be 9-0 then.

if the chiefs go on a losing streak i wouldn't be surprised if fingers get pointed.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the guy does is win and yet you still feel the need to cheap shot him. What's up? Especially when our own QB is so woefully bad.

I feel confident saying the 49ers would be 6-3 at best with Smith as our QB, but more likely 5-4. I don't see a Smith lead 49ers team beating the Packers in week 1. I definitely couldn't see him winning against the Panthers. That shit was the 2011 Ravens game all over.

Regardless of QB, we suck against physical teams that are built similarly to us.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I feel confident saying the 49ers would be 6-3 at best with Smith as our QB, but more likely 5-4. I don't see a Smith lead 49ers team beating the Packers in week 1. I definitely couldn't see him winning against the Panthers. That shit was the 2011 Ravens game all over.

Regardless of QB, we suck against physical teams that are built similarly to us.

You forgot that Smith was the QB last year when the Niners beat the Packaers @ Lambeau in WK1

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why not? He did it rather handily in the opener last year in their ball park. I am extremely confident that an Alex Smith-led 49er team would not have lost to Carolina.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

our offensive line can't physically dominate a physical defensive line. imo its up to roman to make adjustments because we have enough skill even with all the injuries to compensate.

i think smith would have been steady and we'd be 7-2

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the game of life,

"Once a pot head, ALWAYS A POT HEAD"

LOSER!

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot that Smith was the QB last year when the Niners beat the Packaers @ Lambeau in WK1

I remember. I think this year's model is better than last year's (minus the whole Rodgers injury thing).

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? He did it rather handily in the opener last year in their ball park. I am extremely confident that an Alex Smith-led 49er team would not have lost to Carolina.

They are a different team then they were last year.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am extremely confident that an Alex Smith-led 49er team would not have lost to Carolina.

I just don't see it. Run game would still suck butt and who would he throw it to?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see it. Run game would still suck butt and who would he throw it to?

I think he would not have panicked the way Kaepernick did. Smith knoews where to get rid of the ball when his main receiver is covered. I think Smith wiould have got the 49ers one TD at least or at least a field goal in the second half to win.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would not have panicked the way Kaepernick did. Smith knoews where to get rid of the ball when his main receiver is covered. I think Smith wiould have got the 49ers one TD at least or at least a field goal in the second half to win.

Maybe. I guess I just didn't see it as panicking. It looked to me to be very similar to the Ravens game a couple years back where the passing offense just couldn't do anything and pass rushers were just getting to the QB at will.

We just have a different perception of Alex Smith. I don't think he would have done any more than Kap did given the way the line was playing.

I also had to watch the game on a tiny screen from far away so maybe Kap was playing worse than I thought.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. I guess I just didn't see it as panicking. It looked to me to be very similar to the Ravens game a couple years back where the passing offense just couldn't do anything and pass rushers were just getting to the QB at will.

We just have a different perception of Alex Smith. I don't think he would have done any more than Kap did given the way the line was playing.

I also had to watch the game on a tiny screen from far away so maybe Kap was playing worse than I thought.

Disclaimer: Kaepernick > Smith. That's been established already.

But when comparing the same teams, on our team, Smith had a higher YPA, completion rate, QBR, and rating than our team has now in 2013. I blame that on the oline, WRs, coaching, inexperience, etc.

If Smith were here with our depleted WR corps, Smith would not be doing as well as 2012, but maybe better than he's doing in KC. His game doesn't have as high of ups as Kaepernick's but didn't dip too low when he was here. Smith relied on targets that weren't needed to be the tops (checkdowns) and a common target (V. Davis). He audibled into runs successfully. He doesn't take advantage of Crabtree and Boldin, but it doesn't seem like we are doing that now (other than Green Bay game), either. He seemed to be steady here, which wasn't always a good thing if playing a tough enough team, but likely wouldn't be having the same types of struggles as our offense is (other struggles, yes).

I don't know about Carolina because it seems we weren't doing the dump offs that Smith would have done. As for the Ravens game, don't you remember the 70 yarder to Ginn that was taken back by a penalty that had nothing really to do with the play? Remember our receiver going out instead of in for a pick in the endzones instead of TD? We'd have had our shots and if we had Davis, both QBs would have won, IMO.

Before anyone assumes that I was saying that Smith would be doing better than Kaepernick, I wasn't. I was saying that what Smith was and would likely be asked to do here this year was safe and with mostly familiar targets. The guy who is out (Crabtree), he didn't use as much so wouldn't be do without him. I wouldn't be comparing him with Kaepernick anyways.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Validity in all you have said gone. :burt: