• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bowe's arrest

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and our team might be doing worse than you thought, not Kaepernick. This game is team-oriented. I wouldn't hold it differently for Kaepernick than I did with Smith. Our team has things to work on - even if Roman is holding back. We need as high of seed as we can, not be arrogant to think we'd win with our hidden plays against a better record team on the road and bam, chemistry (I read someone saying we were just holding back - that's good to do if you win or are ahead of the playoff pack, but seeding might matter - doesn't matter in a lot if cases, though).

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. I guess I just didn't see it as panicking. It looked to me to be very similar to the Ravens game a couple years back where the passing offense just couldn't do anything and pass rushers were just getting to the QB at will.

We just have a different perception of Alex Smith. I don't think he would have done any more than Kap did given the way the line was playing.

I also had to watch the game on a tiny screen from far away so maybe Kap was playing worse than I thought.

Don't get me wrong, given the evidence he had at the time, I think Harbaugh made the correct decision to go with Kaepernick. Smith had a way of getting the job done but there is no way Harbaugh, seeing what Kaepernick showed last year when given the opportunity, could have known that kaepernick would regress to the point of being almost useless.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, given the evidence he had at the time, I think Harbaugh made the correct decision to go with Kaepernick. Smith had a way of getting the job done but there is no way Harbaugh, seeing what Kaepernick showed last year when given the opportunity, could have known that kaepernick would regress to the point of being almost useless.

Overstatement, IMO. And probably everyone else's opinion. But to each our own. Sounds like an awaited shot.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overstatement, IMO. And probably everyone else's opinion. But to each our own. Sounds like an awaited shot.

The ineptitude at the quarterback position on Sunday was absolutely stunning!

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Validity in all you have said gone. :burt:

Perhaps. It's tough to catch everything that way. Although I was watching the 4th quarter pretty intently and I think most QBs would have sucked given those circumstances.

What, specifically, did I miss? How, specifically, would Smith have played better do you think?

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps. It's tough to catch everything that way. Although I was watching the 4th quarter pretty intently and I think most QBs would have sucked given those circumstances.

What, specifically, did I miss? How, specifically, would Smith have played better do you think?

I'm not bring up Smith, Smith is gone and that ship sailed, we got a nice exchange for him and hes off with the chiefs a 9-0 team. I'm only focusing on our QB who is in charge of the worst passing offense in the league.

If you watched the rest of the game you would have seen that KP sucked the whole game.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not bring up Smith, Smith is gone and that ship sailed, we got a nice exchange for him and hes off with the chiefs a 9-0 team. I'm only focusing on our QB who is in charge of the worst passing offense in the league.

If you watched the rest of the game you would have seen that KP sucked the whole game.

Well yeah, a look at the stats tells you that

Now what do you think he did wrong? Again, be specific

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Best thing to do is watch the game.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He completed only 11 passes. He threw for 47 yards. He threw a horrendous pick with the game still in doubt. He panicked consistently leaving the pocket in the face of a rush. He couldn't get the play off on 4th and one from the two yard line as he tried to change the play with 5 seconds on the clock. He let himself get sacked at least 4 times when he could have thrown the ball away. He missed open receivers all over the place. He failed to check down to his running back on numerous occasions.

And that's just off the top of my head. Had he made even one play, the 49ers win the game. Instead he just stood there on the sideline looking stupid with his ears tucked into that ridiculous flat-brimmed hat after yet another three and out.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McDonald dropped a beautiful kaepernick pass, manningham dropped several passes, kendall hunter fumbled, the playcalling was suspect at times, gore was gimpy, reid and davis were out with concussion and I honestly didn't see a receiver wide open once in the second half.

But its all kap's fault.....

Calling the passing offense of a power run team "the worst" based on yards/stats is silly too.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He completed only 11 passes. He threw for 47 yards. He threw a horrendous pick with the game still in doubt. He panicked consistently leaving the pocket in the face of a rush. He couldn't get the play off on 4th and one from the two yard line as he tried to change the play with 5 seconds on the clock. He let himself get sacked at least 4 times when he could have thrown the ball away. He missed open receivers all over the place. He failed to check down to his running back on numerous occasions.

And that's just off the top of my head. Had he made even one play, the 49ers win the game. Instead he just stood there on the sideline looking stupid with his ears tucked into that ridiculous flat-brimmed hat after yet another three and out.

Honestly the only thing I think Alex would have done differently would be maybe not take the sacks and definitely not throw the INT (he would have dumped it off to a RB or thrown it out of bounds). I just don't see him doing a whole lot better considering all the circumstances in that game. That is, unless he's a much better QB now than he was with the 49ers.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the only thing I think Alex would have done differently would be maybe not take the sacks and definitely not throw the INT (he would have dumped it off to a RB or thrown it out of bounds). I just don't see him doing a whole lot better considering all the circumstances in that game. That is, unless he's a much better QB now than he was with the 49ers.

Smith would not have had to do a whole lot better. He just would have needed to make one or two plays. It clearly was not all Kaepernick's fault; he had a lot of help from his pourous offensive line, fumble-fingered receivers and fumbling running backs. Harbaugh should have seen that kaepernick was floundering back there and tried to do something differently. Should have kept pounding the ball and given kaepernick some easy throws to get his confidence back.