• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bow Down to T.J.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem to mean less....and watching Lebron from 2010-2014 cannot recall him seeming like he cared about it. Though that was in the East.

The Spurs never cared during their run either. They just wanted to get to the playoffs healthy and rested.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, kind of weird to see TF die on this hill. I get that no one likes to back down from a take, but all that's being said is the better teams have a little less of an advantage. Not that they still aren't favored, not that they aren't still the better team. HCA is a real thing and now it's gone. Not complicated.
especially considering the circumstances.

I mean- what would give the Lakers more of an advantage? going into Staples Center for 4 games with that crowd that has been starved for playoff basketball for almost a decade? or in a sterile empty arena in Orlando.

If the Lakers had true home court id give them about an 80-85%% chance to win this series. Without it i give them a 67% chance.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem to mean less....and watching Lebron from 2010-2014 cannot recall him seeming like he cared about it. Though that was in the East.
that crowd though in LA would have been nuts.

think about it.

they have not seen the Lakers in the playoffs for how long? like 7 years?

then you have AD, and LBJ walk into Staples as the #1 seed - home court throughout the West- all the hype, etc....

as opposed to

some D list stadium in old-people's haven Orlando with no fans. That hurts them.

dont get me wrong- they are still favored in my mind- but i where if they had true home court i think they win this series the overwhelming majority of the time, i think the circumstances give the Blazers an opening and more than just a punchers chance.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

think about it.

then you have AD, and LBJ walk into Staples as the #1 seed - home court throughout the West- all the hype, etc....

as opposed to

some D list stadium in old-people's haven Orlando with no fans. That hurts them.

dont get me wrong- they are still favored in my mind- but i where if they had true home court i think they win this series the overwhelming majority of the time, i think the circumstances give the Blazers an opening and more than just a punchers chance.

I agree with all of this

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

think about it.

as opposed to

Never meant to imply it didn't matter. as for Lebron, he can get juiced from an opposing crowd, too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers had the best away record in the league. Better than their home record.

They’ll be ok...

Perhaps.

But that doesn’t change anything we said about higher seeds being negatively impacted by the bubble.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just the higher seeds, every playoff team.

OMG.

You are wrong. Home court advantage is a real thing. The higher seed has 4 home games which gives them an upper hand in the series.

There is no homecourt advantage in the bubble.

So, negatively impacts the high seeds and helps the low ones. Upsets are more likely with no home court.

It is impossible for every team to be negatively impacted. Some are hurt, some are helped. That is how it works.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not necessarily about the star players. Role players play better in front of the home crowd. It happens too consistently to be a coincidence. Role players due get minimized in the playoffs as the starters play longer minutes, but they're still a factor.