• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boston set to play for yet another title, Red Sox STILL in first

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dustin and remy have more than 2nd base in common, they also both have vaginas

meanwhile, jeter has been out for 11 years with a sprained ankle

warrior

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Rock:

I don't care about Doc Rivers. Neither does anybody else.

Please stop filling up my screen with shit like this.

Thank you in advance.

I care about doc Rivers... Which makes one more person than the number who cares about Wayne Rooney highlight reels.

Yet you post scores of those around, cluttering up my screen..

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doc-rivers-toughness.jpg

"Why so serious?"

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never knew this:

Rivers was given his nickname by then-Marquette assistant coach Rick Majerus. Rivers attended a summer basketball camp wearing a "Dr. J" T-shirt. Majerus immediately called him "Doc" and the players at camp followed suit. The name has stuck ever since

PS pickles, you gonna catch the DrJ 30/30?

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Rock:

I don't care about Doc Rivers. Neither does anybody else.

Please stop filling up my screen with shit like this.

instead, just type Uno once then cut and paste for five or six lines. I miss him. So should you.

Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno Uno

Thank you in advance.

obsessed!

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
word....the nba sucks bad enough....dont talk about eliminated nba teams.

NBA coaches are as worthless as shitty shortstop trade proposals.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was five days prior to his 17th Birthday when Wayne Rooney arrived onto the scene. The goal was stupendous; the moment so timely; no-one could have asked for a better way to announce themselves as the greatest prospect England had ever seen. His thirty yard effort curled into the top corner, ricocheting off the crossbar; it had also ended Arsenal’s 30 match unbeaten run. What an introduction.

It didn't take long for his talents to be recognized and in 2004 he moved to Manchester United for £ 27 million, he was always destined to achieve great things. He was at the greatest club in the world alongside the finest manager in the game. In this time he has more than lived up to his price tag and has also been part of some great moments, with one of the greatest being the overhead kick against Manchester City, one of the best goals I have ever seen.

However…has Rooney lived up to his potential or is he just an overrated talent who we have clutched onto as England continually fail to produce the worlds top players.

So, yes this is a controversial topic and many many people will no doubt disagree However, all I'm doing is looking at whether Rooney has lived up to people’s expectation. If you do or don't agree then we would love to know what you think.

So, let’s look at what the stats tell us:

Club Season Appearances Goals

Everton 2002-03 37 8

2003-04 38 9

TOTAL 77 17

Man Utd 2004-05 43 17

2005-06 48 19

2006-07 55 23

2007-08 43 18

2008-09 49 20

2009-10 44 34

2010-2011 40 16

2011-2012 44 34

2012-2013 7 2

TOTAL 448 200

So what do they tell us? Well, he scores a goal every 2.23 games, with his most successful seasons coming in 09-10 and 11-12. Surprised he’s only past the 30 mark twice? He is at one of the top clubs in the world and with the reputation that he has, does he even come close to being the player that many people believe him to be?

Now…compare these stats to two other English strikers who do not have the same reputation as the 26 year old. Also, take into consideration that both of these players have never played in a ‘Top 4’ team in their careers.

Darren Bent: 176 goals in 411 games

Jermain Defoe: 199 goals in 479 games

So is Rooney playing up to his full potential? Have we seen the best of him? Is he really that good? Let's also compare him to his European counterparts:

Some of Europe’s leading talents:

Mario Gomez: 201 goals in 341 games

Cristiano Ronaldo: 283 goals in 478 games

Lionel Messi: 265 goals in 340 games

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar: 253 goals in 385 games

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: 244 in 498 games

Yes you can argue, these players play in different leagues, and Rooney brings more than those players; he affects more of the pitch. However when you play as a forward you are expected to score goals, and for me, Rooney hasn't proved that he can do it consistently enough to be labelled as ‘The English Pele’

More recently at England’s training camp, coach and former teammate Gary Neville said when talking about how the striker needs to change his game if he is to continue playing at such a level. “At the age of 26 you always have to think that there’s more to come. He has great examples of players who have contributed to do that in Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs, how they have adapted their games.”

Every year Rooney says that his aim is to get more goals from inside the box. Why? Because that’s what strikers do best. Look at Ruud Van Nistelrooy; he was known as a player that hung around on the last defender and on retrieving the ball would glide past defenders with a real elegance before (more often than not) slotting the ball home.

In terms of his international career Wayne Rooney is regarded as the key ingredient to any success England may have. You only have to look at the dependence that Fabio Capello placed on him by selecting him for Euro 2012 when he was banned for the first 3 games. For his country he has scored 31 goals in 77 appearances. Not a bad record at all. However, is this because of the responsibility they put on him to score, with there being no other focal point to the attack. I think Wayne has been fortunate on the international scene, as he has been in front of one of the best midfields in the world; all you need is for them to roll the ball to you. Place any half decent forward in that role and they will reap the rewards.

Also, is he England's role model and captain for the foreseeable future? The 26 year old has been the subject of a number of outbursts over the years, most notably being his outburst to the cameras and the previous World Cup. Some would argue that his maturity is for everyone to see and has only received one booking for his club in his previous 43 games.

Surely Neville has hit the nail on the head and Rooney has to adapt his game in accordance to his greatest attributes. Rooney has shown that he is more suited to a role in midfield spreading the ball around in a Steven Gerrard like manner. The attributes that he possess are not that of a striker who could score in any team. Place someone in the mould of Jermain Defoe in that role and no doubt they will score more than the Liverpudlian. Rooney possess' many skills, his vision is superb, his long passing is also very good, as well as his ability to dictate the tempo of the game. He definitely has all the characteristics of a top top player but when you compare him to other talented players around the world, does he really stand out?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they'll include snippets from the 1977 NBA Championship Series?

not sure if its a 30/30 or not, but its some special on his early days in highschool and umass

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is it:

NBA TV to premiere Dr. J documentary during The Finals

Official Release
Posted Apr 17, 2013 8:31 AM - Updated May 16, 2013 2:32 AM
NEW YORK -- As NBA fans prepare to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Philadelphia 76ers' 1983 title, the team's leader, Julius "Dr. J" Erving, will be the next subject in the award-winning NBA TV Originals franchise when the network presents The Doctor, a 90-minute documentary airing between Games 2 and 3 of The Finals on Monday, June 10, at 9 p.m. ET.
Many basketball fans were introduced to Erving when he joined the NBA at age 26, and what they saw was some of the most amazing aerial artistry in the game. What most didn't see, however, was the young Doctor, reinventing the sport during his five spectatular seasons in the ABA. Through rare archival footage, all aspects of Dr. J's career will come to life again in this film.
<p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>

Along with his storied playing career, the film reveals the challenges Erving has faced off the court as he opens up for the first time about three tragedies and the impact on his life: the death of his father when he was only nine-years-old, his younger brother Marvin when he was 19-years-old, and his youngest son Cory after an automobile accident.
The Doctor includes testaments to Erving's greatness from:
Hall of Famer Magic Johnson
"Back in high school and junior high, Dr. J was the man, he was the guy we all tried to emulate. We all first started with the big 'fro and then we wanted to try to soar through the air like the Doctor."
Three-Time NBA MVP LeBron James
"If you ever hear Michael Jordan talk, he always says he looked up to and aspired to be like Dr. J. So if there was no Dr. J, then Mike would have never had someone to look up to, and if there was no Mike, then there's no guys like myself who looked up to Mike."
Hall of Famer and President of the Miami Heat Pat Riley
"Unless you played against him or unless you watched him in his prime, you didn't realize how great he was."
Erving also reflects on the memorable stops along his basketball journey -- from Roosevelt High School on Long Island, N.Y., to the courts at New York City's famous Rucker Park, the University of Massachusetts, the Nassau Coliseum, and The Spectrum in Philadelphia, as contemporaries at each of these stops add perspective to the story of his legendary career.
The Doctor is the latest in the long line of NBA TV Originals critically-acclaimed documentaries and specials, which include the Emmy-nominated "The Dream Team", Mr. Russell's House, Sir Charles at 50, One-on-One with Ahmad Rashad: Michael Jordan, Searching for Redemption: The Kermit Washington Story, and Wilt 100, as well as the popular series Open Court and The Association.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot off the press from last night's episode:

fe4NUDb.gif