• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boston set to play for yet another title, Red Sox STILL in first

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, you were washing my balls last night.
But that was because they were extra sweaty and tart.

Thank God for you. These guys take a joke as well as you take the news of my genital herpes

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dustin and remy have more than 2nd base in common, they also both have vaginas

Sake Bomb Sam

FREE UNO!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God for you. These guys take a joke as well as you take the news of my genital herpes

mfw+your+a+structural+engineer+and+i+spend+my+afternoons+_8bcb54cbd2c436e1d410737a8b3e206e.gif

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like you guys to meet my new best friend and B_lake's sista:

Laquesha Grapesoda

Attachments

• laquesha.jpg
    laquesha.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 80

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Former NFL star Chad Johnson will serve 30 days in jail after violating probation in a domestic violence case involving his then-wife, TV reality star Evelyn Lozada.
A plea deal that called for no jail time fell apart Monday. Broward Judge Kathleen McHugh rejected it after Johnson playfully slapped his attorney on the behind in court. McHugh says Johnson wasn't taking things seriously enough, even after he apologized. McHugh also extended Johnson's probation for three months.

Johnson said in an interview with ESPN's "First Take" last Friday that the violation occurred because of a "miscommunication" with his probation officer. During the interview, Johnson said he understands he cannot afford any transgressions, big or small, and that he's willing to accept any consequences.
"I'm going to be OK," Johnson said. "I'm OK now, but I put myself in this situation and I have to deal with everything. With life, I'm at peace with everything. I would love to finish my career off the right way. If it happens, I'm not sure. But I would like to."
The 35-year-old formerly known as Chad Ochocinco pleaded no contest to head-butting Lozada during an argument in August. The "Basketball Wives" star immediately filed for divorce after barely a month of marriage.
Johnson was subsequently released by the Miami Dolphins. He previously played for the Cincinnati Bengals and New England Patriots.

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
....love having a day off during the week.......got my workout in early today....im gonna grab some food mow the lawn and spend the rest of the day sitting by the pool.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc Rivers still has not publicly committed to returning as coach of the Boston Celtics next season. Asked Sunday by The Boston Globe whether he was still in the decision-making process, Rivers wrote in a text message, "I'd rather not say."
While Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge has suggested that Rivers will return for a 10th season in Boston, Rivers hasn't stopped speculation that he could walk away by offering a public commitment.
Very Few Docs In The House

i
With the recent firing of George Karl, Doc Rivers has moved up in tenure in the NBA. Interestingly, since the 2009-10 season, only the five longest-tenured coaches and Phil Jackson have reached the NBA Finals.
Mo. of hire Gregg Popovich Spurs 12/1996 Doc Rivers Celtics 4/2004 Erik Spoelstra Heat 4/2008 Rick Carlisle Mavs 4/2008 Scott Brooks Thunder 11/2008 -- ESPN Stats & Information

Rivers, who has three years and $21 million remaining on his contract, takes time after each season to assess his future. While he's debated taking time away from coaching in the past, he signed a five-year, $35 million extension after the 2010-11 season and said he was committed to the potential long-term reshaping of the Boston roster.
Rivers has been in Boston in recent weeks to help out with pre-draft workouts and planning for free agency but has seemingly left the door open for a change of heart by not declaring his intentions.
After the New York Knicks eliminated the Celtics from the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs, Rivers said of his future, "I'm coming back until I say I'm not."
Sources told ESPNBoston.com last month that the Brooklyn Nets were denied permission to speak to Rivers about their coaching vacancy. Ainge said at the time, "Doc has told me he's coming back. I talk to him almost every day about our team and what we are going to do moving forward."
Pressed by The Globe on when he might talk about his future, Rivers said simply, "Soon."

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Patriots too uptight?

June, 10, 2013 Jun 10
11:30
AM ET

By James Walker | ESPN.com

For a team as consistently successful as the New England Patriots, you would think most players would leave the organization with glowing reviews. But that's often not the case in New England.

Many notable former Patriots are disgruntled for one reason or another. You can go as far back as Lawyer Milloy and Willie McGinest during the dynasty years. Recently, starting defensive tackle Kyle Love was furious for being released after he was diagnosed with diabetes. Now, Pro Bowl receiver Wes Welker told Yahoo! Sports this week about New England's stuffy football culture and the differences after joining the Denver Broncos.

"I feel like I can be myself a little more for sure,” Welker said candidly. “All [the Broncos] told me was 'Just be yourself.’”

Welker certainly is describing New England as a place where it’s hard for players to be themselves. As a media member, I can vouch that New England’s locker room usually doesn’t offer much insight or personality. Players appear reluctant, and almost afraid, to say anything worthwhile about an opponent, injury or an upcoming game. It comes from the top with head coach Bill Belichick, who simply wants to coach football and views anything else as a distraction.

You cannot argue with the Patriots’ success the past 13 years under Belichick. His record includes three Super Bowl titles and five appearances total. However, New England has also become infamous for expecting players to act like robots when they’re on the team and later treating them all like replaceable parts when it’s time to kick them to the curb. That combination has rubbed some people, like Welker, the wrong way.

Welker also admits that Patriots quarterback and good friend Tom Brady was not happy with New England letting Welker go in free agency. Brady, partly due to New England's tip-lipped culture, essentially avoided the topic this offseason and said he is moving forward with replacement receiver Danny Amendola. It’s permissible for Welker to speak the truth now that he’s in Denver.

“He was upset about it, and part of me was a little upset about it too,” Welker said. “But things happen for a reason, and I'm excited about the opportunities here and the type of team we have and things that we can do.”

Football is meant to be fun, and perhaps the Patriots only define fun by winning, which happens a lot in New England. But it seems like a higher percentage of players than usual leave Foxborough with some kind of complaint.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Rock:

I don't care about Doc Rivers. Neither does anybody else.

Please stop filling up my screen with shit like this.

Thank you in advance.

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Dear Rock:

Thank you in advance.

word....the nba sucks bad enough....dont talk about eliminated nba teams.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

June, 10, 2013 Jun 10
11:30
AM ET

By James Walker | ESPN.com

For a team as consistently successful as the New England Patriots, you would think most players would leave the organization with glowing reviews. But that's often not the case in New England.

Many notable former Patriots are disgruntled for one reason or another. You can go as far back as Lawyer Milloy and Willie McGinest during the dynasty years. Recently, starting defensive tackle Kyle Love was furious for being released after he was diagnosed with diabetes. Now, Pro Bowl receiver Wes Welker told Yahoo! Sports this week about New England's stuffy football culture and the differences after joining the Denver Broncos.

"I feel like I can be myself a little more for sure,” Welker said candidly. “All [the Broncos] told me was 'Just be yourself.’”

Welker certainly is describing New England as a place where it’s hard for players to be themselves. As a media member, I can vouch that New England’s locker room usually doesn’t offer much insight or personality. Players appear reluctant, and almost afraid, to say anything worthwhile about an opponent, injury or an upcoming game. It comes from the top with head coach Bill Belichick, who simply wants to coach football and views anything else as a distraction.

You cannot argue with the Patriots’ success the past 13 years under Belichick. His record includes three Super Bowl titles and five appearances total. However, New England has also become infamous for expecting players to act like robots when they’re on the team and later treating them all like replaceable parts when it’s time to kick them to the curb. That combination has rubbed some people, like Welker, the wrong way.

Welker also admits that Patriots quarterback and good friend Tom Brady was not happy with New England letting Welker go in free agency. Brady, partly due to New England's tip-lipped culture, essentially avoided the topic this offseason and said he is moving forward with replacement receiver Danny Amendola. It’s permissible for Welker to speak the truth now that he’s in Denver.

“He was upset about it, and part of me was a little upset about it too,” Welker said. “But things happen for a reason, and I'm excited about the opportunities here and the type of team we have and things that we can do.”

Football is meant to be fun, and perhaps the Patriots only define fun by winning, which happens a lot in New England. But it seems like a higher percentage of players than usual leave Foxborough with some kind of complaint.

Horseshit..same writers for years have been deep throating his ability to get guys to buy into the patriots system...especially how they deal with the media...

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing more fun than watching Dirt and Ox take turns jerking each other off.... No surer sign on the boards than Boston is winning...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Rock:

Thank you in advance.

Playing career[edit]

Rivers was a McDonald's All-American for Proviso East High School in the Chicago metropolitan area.[1] Rivers represented the United States with the national team in the 1982 FIBA World Championship, in which he was selected as the tournament MVP, despite missing the last shot in the final which could have given the title to his team. After his third season at Marquette University, Rivers was drafted in the second round (31st overall[2]) of the 1983 NBA Draft by the Atlanta Hawks. He graduated from Marquette while completing course work as an NBA player. He spent the next seven seasons as a starter in Atlanta, assisting star Dominique Wilkins as the team found great regular-season success. He averaged a double-double for the 1986–87 season with 12.8 points and 10.0 assists per game. Rivers later spent one year as a starter for the Los Angeles Clippers and two more for the New York Knicks, before finishing his career as a bench player for the San Antonio Spurs from 1994 to 1996.
Coaching career[edit]

Orlando Magic (1999–2003)[edit]
Rivers began his coaching career with the Orlando Magic in 1999, where he coached for more than four NBA seasons. Rivers won the Coach of the Year award in 2000 after his first year with the Magic. That season, he led the team that was picked to finish last in the league to a near playoff berth. He made the post-season in his next three years as coach, but was fired in 2003 after a disastrous start to the season.
Boston Celtics (2004–present)[edit]
After spending a year working as a commentator for the NBA on ABC (calling the 2004 Finals with Al Michaels), he took over the Boston Celtics coaching position in 2004. During his first years with the Celtics, he was criticized by many in the media for his coaching style, most vociferously by ESPN's Bill Simmons, who in 2006 publicly called for Rivers to be fired in his columns.
As a result of the Celtics' 109–93 victory over the New York Knicks on January 21, 2008, Rivers, as the coach of the team with the best winning percentage in the Eastern Conference, earned the honor to coach the East for the 2008 NBA All-Star Game in New Orleans.[3] On June 17, 2008, Rivers won his first NBA Championship as a head coach,[4] although the Celtics needed an NBA record 26 post-season games to win it. By a strange twist of fate, Rivers played for the team that held the previous record for most games played in a single post-season: the 1994 New York Knicks played 25 post-season games.
After deliberating between leaving the job and returning to spend more time with his family in Orlando, Rivers finally decided that he would honor the last year of his contract and return for the 2010–11 season.[5]
On May 13, 2011, after months of rumors that he would retire, ESPN reported that the Celtics and Rivers agreed upon a 5-year contract extension worth $35 million.[6][7]
On February 6, 2013, Doc notched his 400th win with the Celtics in a 99-95 victory over the Toronto Raptors.[8]
Personal life[edit]

Rivers is the nephew of former NBA player Jim Brewer. He lives in Orlando, Florida with his wife Kristen; they have four children.[2] His oldest son Jeremiah played basketball at Georgetown University and Indiana University,[9] and has played in the NBA D-League for the Maine Red Claws. His daughter Callie played volleyball for the University of Florida,[10] while his younger son Austin played one year at guard for Duke University before being drafted by the New Orleans Hornets with the 10th pick of the 2012 NBA Draft. Doc Rivers is the cousin of former NBA guard Byron Irvin and former MLB outfielder Ken Singleton.[11]
Rivers was given his nickname by then-Marquette assistant coach Rick Majerus. Rivers attended a summer basketball camp wearing a "Dr. J" T-shirt. Majerus immediately called him "Doc" and the players at camp followed suit. The name has stuck ever since.[12]
Other work[edit]

He is also currently a member of the National Advisory Board for Positive Coaching Alliance, a national non-profit organization that helps student-athletes and their coaches.[13] Rivers has appeared in several videos for this organization, all of which can be found on the group's YouTube channel.[14]