• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boston: "Oh no, we suck again!"

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete, do you think card grading is a scam? I've got about 25 good rookies/autos that I want to send in to BGS...

Honest answer; I sold most of mine in the 90's to help fund college -last I checked though, anythign you want to sell will need to be graded if you don't want to wholesale them.

That being said, I still have a bunch of McGwire Team USA cards if you want em - cheap!! I remember thinking those were gonna be money towards a house some day. Now it's just 50 pieces of shit cardboard.

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap. it's not hate! I could care less... I am telling you what EVERY Baseball analyst is saying - difference is, I said it in March.

It's not like any of the shit I said in spring training isn't accurate, it's all happening!! Your "they will be better because I said so" is a lot less in depth then my "starting pitching, bullpen, speed, defense, can't get on base, clutch hitting etc."

the same analyst that you bashed for picking the blue jays in the first place. so now you flip flop. the jays have speed, the jays do get on base. notice what bautista's ops is now as compared to 3 weeks ago? notice the offense is starting to come around? you may not want to admit it, but the blue jays aren't nearly as bad as they have played up till this point. and now they are starting to show some signs of getting out of that funk. they aren't out of it yet but coming home from a 7 game road trip against division rivals is a start and something to build on

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I heard a rumor that you really are Pete Nice... And I really want that to be true... Pete Nice was fuckin dope...

And Pete Nice has a reputation as something of a baseball memorabilia expert.. So, I thought I'd ask..

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't buy them being better than all the teams ahead of them. Just because "no one is running away with it" Doesn't mean they are actually better than all those teams..

He is completely incapable of separating 2 points. He tries to take 1 rational point, and use that to make a completely irrational points

Just because "no team is running away with the division" (rational point) doesn't mean that no team is out of the division race (irrational point)

Just because the Yankees have a very reasonable chance of not winning the division (rational point) doesn't mean the Jays have a chance to win it (irrational point)

No one is running away with the NL East either. That's not the same as saying the Marlins have a chance of winning it

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete, do you think card grading is a scam? I've got about 25 good rookies/autos that I want to send in to BGS...

depends on the cards. Anything beyond 1980 is not worth getting graded.
But older stuff is worth it even in bad shape.

I just bought a 1956 Mickey Mantle $160 on Ebay ungraded, but a PSA 1 was starting at $300.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest answer; I sold most of mine in the 90's to help fund college -last I checked though, anythign you want to sell will need to be graded if you don't want to wholesale them.

That being said, I still have a bunch of McGwire Team USA cards if you want em - cheap!! I remember thinking those were gonna be money towards a house some day. Now it's just 50 pieces of shit cardboard.

Ha, I still have one Big Mac as well... It's off-centered and not worth dick... I remember trading for it at about $100 value though..

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on the cards. Anything beyond 1980 is not worth getting graded.
But older stuff is worth it even in bad shape.

I just bought a 1956 Mickey Mantle $160 on Ebay ungraded, but a PSA 1 was starting at $300.

That's the idea... You get the right cards graded, they go up in value.

I have some pretty nice stuff that could really see a good boost in value..

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nasty did you see the trivia question on YES?

Whitey Ford led the AL in ERA in 1956, the next three were Indians name them.

I got Feller and Score who am I forgetting?

Lem!

Poor bastard.

Always felt for that guy, and the shitstorm he walked into.

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Because I heard a rumor that you really are Pete Nice... And I really want that to be true... Pete Nice was fuckin dope...

And Pete Nice has a reputation as something of a baseball memorabilia expert.. So, I thought I'd ask..

graded cards are only worth grading in mint or better condition...or if they are extremely rare.....unfortunately most cards hit their peak valuer within 6 months of their release....its the type of hobby where you cash in big early....or be willing to wait a long time to get a decent return....i spent most of my card collecting days buying upper end stuff...autos memorabilia cards and low numbered stuff....as a general rule anything numbered 25 or less...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep wasting this stellar pitching Yankees

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is completely incapable of separating 2 points. He tries to take 1 rational point, and use that to make a completely irrational points

Just because "no team is running away with the division" (rational point) doesn't mean that no team is out of the division race (irrational point)

Just because the Yankees have a very reasonable chance of not winning the division (rational point) doesn't mean the Jays have a chance to win it (irrational point)

No one is running away with the NL East either. That's not the same as saying the Marlins have a chance of winning it

difference being the marlins don't have the talent to compete in the division. the blue jays do. what you aren't being rational about is thinking the blue jays offense and pitching are gonna stay the same as it was for the first month and a half of the season.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
graded cards are only worth grading in mint or better condition...or if they are extremely rare.....unfortunately most cards hit their peak valuer within 6 months of their release....its the type of hobby where you cash in big early....or be willing to wait a long time to get a decent return....i spent most of my card collecting days buying upper end stuff...autos memorabilia cards and low numbered stuff....as a general rule anything numbered 25 or less...

Yes, the idea is that you sell when the player is hot...

Unless it's a player that you really like, there's not a lot to holding on to them long term. Once they are used up, their card value plummets...

I've got about 100 good cards in my collection... And I wouldn't send in anything that wasn't in mint condition, I agree, there is no point.

But I've got some really nice stuff in mind to send it. I wouldn't send anything in otherwise, too expensive..

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it counts for anything, I don't give a shit

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I always have been something of a "gold digger"

:)

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep wasting this stellar pitching Yankees

lol...Dude everyone sans Cano and Gardner in that lineup were Bench Bats or in the Minors last year...

You should be happy they may pull this one out...