• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boston - Detroit trade

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets look back at the three-team deadline deal between The Red Sox, Tigers & White Sox:

Boston got: Jake Peavy from Chicago & Brayan Villareal from Detroit

Detroit got: Jose Iglesias from Boston

Chicago got: Avisail Garcia from Detroit, JB Wendlelken, Francelis Montas, & Cleuluis Rondon from Boston.

Another win-win-win trade... Red Sox got an improved #4 starter. Detroit got a slck fielding shortstop to fill in for moron Peralta. Chicago got a guy named Avisail and a guy named Cleulius.

It'll be fun having Iglesias back in Boston. Hopefully, he'll get some PT.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I love Iglesias defensively -- With the way Peralta is swinging the bat, I'm not sure how much Iglesias will see the field.

Putting Peralta in LF at a normal ball park is one thing -- Putting him in LF at Fenway though, I'm not so sure Leyland will let that happen.

I think the only game we will see Iglesias start at SS is when Fister is on the mound, as he gives up so many groundballs. I do agree -- it was a win-win-win scenario for all teams involved.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be an unbelievable series to watch. Two teams who are very equal across the board.

Detroit has the edge with the starting pitching

Boston has the edge with the bullpen

Boston has the edge with the bats right now, though both teams finish 1-2 in the overwhelming majority of offensive categories. If Detroit's bats wake up -- this series will more than likely go the distance.

Can't wait to watch this series.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be an unbelievable series to watch. Two teams who are very equal across the board.

Detroit has the edge with the starting pitching

Boston has the edge with the bullpen

Boston has the edge with the bats right now, though both teams finish 1-2 in the overwhelming majority of offensive categories. If Detroit's bats wake up -- this series will more than likely go the distance.

Can't wait to watch this series.

Their pen edge is funny as that is Boston's only weak link...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their pen edge is funny as that is Boston's only weak link...

I would say it is an edge for the simple fact that Uehara has been so good for the Red Sox. In the playoffs, Detroit really hasn't needed much from the bullpen. While Benoit has been great for the Tigers since taking over as the closer -- recently he has been putting runners on base, even though he is getting the job done and finished the year with a 2.01 ERA.

With Verlander, Scherzer, Sanchez and Fister -- Detroit usually gets 6-7 innings every game and sometimes more. When you have 108 Quality Starts out of 162 games -- the bullpen doesn't factor in a whole lot. Boston and KC were tied for 2nd in QS with 13 less than the Tigers.

Personally -- I think this series goes to 7 games and it is going to be a coin flip on who wins. Fans could argue for either team til they are blue in the face, but IMO, you aren't going to find two teams more evenly matched across the board.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say it is an edge for the simple fact that Uehara has been so good for the Red Sox. In the playoffs, Detroit really hasn't needed much from the bullpen. While Benoit has been great for the Tigers since taking over as the closer -- recently he has been putting runners on base, even though he is getting the job done and finished the year with a 2.01 ERA.

With Verlander, Scherzer, Sanchez and Fister -- Detroit usually gets 6-7 innings every game and sometimes more. When you have 108 Quality Starts out of 162 games -- the bullpen doesn't factor in a whole lot. Boston and KC were tied for 2nd in QS with 13 less than the Tigers.

Personally -- I think this series goes to 7 games and it is going to be a coin flip on who wins. Fans could argue for either team til they are blue in the face, but IMO, you aren't going to find two teams more evenly matched across the board.

I have a feeling I am going to lose all my vCash during this series....

This is a cool chart:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peralta plays LF in Detroit would be my guess.

Boston has the advantage in that they set up their rotation how they wanted it after knocking off Tampa quickly.

I am just hoping the days off have helped Miggy. If he starts swinging the bat close to 100% it changes everything as Boston can't pitch around Prince and V Mart.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston isn't going to whiff nearly as much as Oakland's hitters did. The Red Sox hitters will put the ball in play, so I think Iglesias is needed in the field, especially with Cabby having even less range than his usual few feet. Jhonny in LF at the CoPa is fine.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston isn't going to whiff nearly as much as Oakland's hitters did. The Red Sox hitters will put the ball in play, so I think Iglesias is needed in the field, especially with Cabby having even less range than his usual few feet. Jhonny in LF at the CoPa is fine.

:agree:

Boston is a much better hitting team and up the middle defense will be huge. If Detroit has a glaring offensive hole it's the leadoff spot and Jackson. The guy can not strike out 3-4 times a game and expect the Tigers to win. I would much rather see Infante move to leadoff.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson and Hunter combined for a 5-for-39 series (.128). As bad as Jackson was, Torii was only marginally better (.158). Both of those guys need to get on base more for Miguel. At least Torii got that big first hit off Gray. We saw during the season (over .400 with RISP) and last night how much better Cabrera is when the pitcher has someone else to think about.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson and Hunter combined for a 5-for-39 series (.128). As bad as Jackson was, Torii was only marginally better (.158). Both of those guys need to get on base more for Miguel. At least Torii got that big first hit off Gray. We saw during the season (over .400 with RISP) and last night how much better Cabrera is when the pitcher has someone else to think about.

That is the main reason I was rooting for the Tigers. Their hitters are either injured or struggling. I'm tempted to take the under on every game... (of course now that I posted that, they'll all be 10-8 games!) (which is very possible)....

:gaah:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chart was really cool.

Everything that 1 of the teams is near the bottom of the AL in, the other is barely better.

Everything 1 of them is near the top at, the other is barely worse. Except the stolen bases.

Awesome game 1. Expecting 7 games still.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome game 1. Expecting 7 games still.

Agree with you -- This series is far from over. I like Detroit's chances much better being up 1-0 with Verlander and Scherzer having a shot to go twice each, if it goes 7 games.

I think every game is going to be a nail biter.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling I am going to lose all my vCash during this series....

This is a cool chart:

It's a cool chart and its fun to read ... but it means nothing. Who's gonna get hotter and who's gonna get luckier. GO TIGERS

2896.gif

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a cool chart and its fun to read ... but it means nothing. Who's gonna get hotter and who's gonna get luckier. GO TIGERS

2896.gif

Yes, what these two teams did over 162 games means nothing at all.

That isn't idiotic at all.