• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boston Celtics Roll Call

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Clippers are ready to rebuild! Word.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, If Chris Paul wants Garnet and Doc, then two items come to mind:

1. Celtics figure out how to get CP3 here (unlikely)
2. Celts deal Doc and KG to another team ....

Maybe LA Lakers will get into this mess.

There are a couple of rumors flying around out here:

1.) The deal with the Celtics isn't really dead until the Clippers hire a new coach. Until that time, the deal can be done if the Celtics drop part of their demands (I believe that the sticking point is one of the draft picks). They are saying that the problem is that the Celtics are trying to act like they have all of the leverage, when in reality, it's the Clippers with the leverage.

2.) The Clippers are also rumored to be very interested in a possible sign and trade that would send Griffin and Bledsoe to the Lakers for Dwight. This is said to be the reason that the Clippers refused to include Bledsoe in the deal with the Celtics.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they are talking again. CP3 wanted the Clippers to explore this again.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see:

Deandre Jordan
Brandon Bass
Jeff Green
Avery Bradley
Rajon Rondo

Jared Sullinger
Courtney Lee
Jason Terry

This is gonna suck. Word.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crotch, the dealing is not done, not even close. This is the first part of the dealing. Next is the Truth, and I wont be surprised to even see Rondo out there on trade.

If Danny trades Doc, he is going all in

Alot will change in the next 8 weeks. Hold on

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crotch, the dealing is not done, not even close. This is the first part of the dealing. Next is the Truth, and I wont be surprised to even see Rondo out there on trade.

If Danny trades Doc, he is going all in

Alot will change in the next 8 weeks. Hold on

DeAndre Jordan has alot of upside and I'm sure the C's would look to develope his game!!

Question re: Rondo!! The story out here is that part of the reason for trading Doc to the Clips is because Doc doesn't want to coach Rondo. If Rondo is the Celtics future, would he be on the trading block with Doc gone?

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post a source trojanfan. That's garbage. All that stuff aside, David Stern has his hands in the mix now. This deal is dead. They'd have to cut the chest open and massage the heart on this one for it to happen. Stern is putting the kibosh on this one. Word.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post a source trojanfan. That's garbage. All that stuff aside, David Stern has his hands in the mix now. This deal is dead. They'd have to cut the chest open and massage the heart on this one for it to happen. Stern is putting the kibosh on this one. Word.

It's what they were saying on a talk show out here. It was either The Loose Cannons (Steve Hartman and Pat O' Brien) or the Petros and Money show (Petros Papadakis and Matt "Money" Smith)!! You'd have to podcast it to hear the comments. I'm almost sure it was Petros and Money!!

Basically, they were saying that they didn't see how Doc could return to Boston because he has made it clear that he didn't want to coach Rondo and implied that Rondo can be a handful to try and coach.

That's why I said "the story out here is". I know that things can get lost in the translation and/or "speculated" about. I figured a C's fan would clear it up if not true!!

Question: Why is Doc interested in leaving?

As you point out, all may be a moot point thanks to Stern if the 2 teams can't convince him that these are 2 seperate transactions!!

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc isn't interested in coaching period if he doesn't have a roster he feels can compete for a title. He already suffered through the last rebuild and is probably too burned out to have the patience for a second one. Can't really say that I blame him. Phil Jackson has never been through a rebuild in his head coaching career. Word.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan and Crotch. I believe Doc's departure will have many thinking its a sign of lack of confidence in Boston and Rondo as it is winning a ring now. Its both.

Its gone too far for Doc, and Stern stated that both teams already contacted the office last weekend to get the rules of the trade clarified. I dont see him holding it up as long as the KG/Jordan deal is fair, which it is.

Rondo is on the trading block because he is a top 5 PG with a cheap contract

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo is on the trading block because he is a top 5 PG with a cheap contract

And because he is an inefficient player whose stats make him appear more valuable than he actually is. Don't get me wrong, Rondo is good, but he is a role player, not a core piece to a good team. Some teams value him as such so his trade value may exceed his actual value.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc isn't interested in coaching period if he doesn't have a roster he feels can compete for a title. He already suffered through the last rebuild and is probably too burned out to have the patience for a second one. Can't really say that I blame him. Phil Jackson has never been through a rebuild in his head coaching career. Word.
I would consider those few years when Phil returned to the Lakers as rebuilding. People tend to forget that time period for some reason.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaaahhh. I did forget about 06 and 07 or was it just 07? Word.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone from C's fan base, I think it was Logic, projected his team being ahead of the curve, ie vs. Lakers chances next few years.

How's it looking now Logic??

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking good BAM. In fact, looking very good. Thats another 1st rounder, in a stronger year, unconditional that we gained today. We got 8 or 9 picks just in the next three years. Now we need to get more picks or young players for KG and Paul.

Rondo, AB, Sully, Green, draft picks, more young players, lots of cap space.

Ironically, LA has no assets left, you have the worst team in your own city, and your org just got trumped by Chris Paul .............again............

Doc will make that team great, and we know everyone wants to play with Doc

Today's deal just made the Lakers future even darker. Any chance now is that LBJ goes west instead of to newyork. Like I said, a dark valley your entering

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To Doc Rivers: Great time Doc, you made us proud. Enjoy the chance to bring LA glory with the Clippers. You will have a 5 or 6 year run, build it well with CP3 and the others that will want to join you. The Clips made a smart move, and they want to own the city.

Happy to get the number 1 pick, happy to see the other deals ahead for Danny. Danny did this with class.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now who will the Celtics go after? Brian Shaw?

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont really know. The bigger issue is what, how they move Paul and KG, and to which contender. I am guessing its a package deal, or maybe, they just trade Paul to the clips?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now who will the Celtics go after? Brian Shaw?
Shaw and the Celtics had a messy lawsuit against each other back in 1989 -90 and it dragged out.

Shaw would prob. overlook that, not sure if the organization would.