• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boston Celtics Roll Call

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a game tonite. I could not, would not give up when these guys dont. Green and Bass really had great series. I am eager to keep the transition moving. Soon enough Paul and KG will be coming off the bench

Soon enough Paul and KG may out of there Logic. I think trading them for youth/picks is the way to go if the Celtics are going into full rebuilding mode.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have grown to respect the Celtics org and recently to love the heart they play with against all odds. Hats off you guys. Hope for a quick rebuild and more players that bring it on the court.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CELTICS WIN CELTICS WIN CELTICS WIN!!! Oh my bad...hahaha welcome to the losers bracket, was wondering when you'd join us...:suds:

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they did have 2 more W's in playoffs then Lakers did, it's about it -- questions:

can Rondo come back from surgery and be similar player? will they build around Green who needs to be consistent each night? will Ainge finally land someone that can consistently rebound? how much do PP/KG/Terry have left in their tanks? all three should be subs by next year(unless one or more retire)

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll work it all out in the offseason and be ultra-competitive next year. Boston vs. LA will have to wait a year. Word.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposing this deal goes through, I'm hoping to replace Doc Rivers with either Phil Jackson or Lionel Hollins.

C) DeAndre Jordan, Fab Melo, Shavlik Randolph
PF) Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger, DJ White
SF) Jeff Green, Caron Butler
SG) Avery Bradley, Courtney Lee, Jason Terry
PG) Rajon Rondo, Eric Bledsoe, Terrence Williams

Plus we get two first rounders, one this season. Honestly, I'd rather see us KEEP Doc Rivers, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce and go for one last run.

C) Kevin Garnett, Fab Melo, Shavlik Randolph
SF) Paul Pierce, Jeff Green
PG) Rajon Rondo, Terrence Williams

If healthy, I don't see why this team won't come together the way they should have last season. Word.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposing this deal goes through, I'm hoping to replace Doc Rivers with either Phil Jackson or Lionel Hollins.

C) DeAndre Jordan, Fab Melo, Shavlik Randolph
SF) Jeff Green, Caron Butler
PG) Rajon Rondo, Eric Bledsoe, Terrence Williams

Plus we get two first rounders, one this season. Honestly, I'd rather see us KEEP Doc Rivers, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce and go for one last run.

C) Kevin Garnett, Fab Melo, Shavlik Randolph
SF) Paul Pierce, Jeff Green
PG) Rajon Rondo, Terrence Williams

If healthy, I don't see why this team won't come together the way they should have last season. Word.

Minus Pierce and KG, that is a pretty mediocre roster. Not sure why Phil Jackson would have any interest in coaching that team. Hollins maybe, but rumor is you might get VDN. Good luck with that.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This deal looks real. I am ready for the next move. Personally I see they want Bledsoe as they are looking to deal Rondo next. Danny wants lots of picks, some young big men at low cost, and cap space now, not one of two years from now. I think there is a plan to make more moves after this. Its all going down

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't look like the Clippers are willing to include Bledsoe. DeAndre Jordan, a 1st rounder, and Caron Butler for KG, Rivers, and either Terry or Lee. If I were Danny, I would still make a move if Bledsoe isn't part of it. Time to rebuild. Get what you can for KG if he is willing to be traded. The window of opportunity is over for this current group of Celtics.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed rule. Keep building assets. I have mixed feeling about losing doc, but maybe a new coach able to have patience to build roster. I wonder if Tom T is in their sights. I believe so

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Doc say he'd stay if this same group is brought back?

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thinking is, even if we stand pat, Pierce's contract comes off the books after this season and Garnett's the season after. That's right in time to sign Sullinger. What if Ainge deals Garnett, Terry and Doc for Deandre Jordan and a draft pick and then just decides to keep Pierce? I don't know but from the look of what's going on, Ainge is preparing for a major rebuild. I just don't think Green is ready to be the go-to guy on offense. Rondo will have to step his scoring up quite a bit for us to be competitive. Word.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the trade goes through, the Celtics next need to look for a low post scorer. They'll have nice end pieces with Rondo and Jordan, especially defensively. On offense though, you can't run things through Jordan. I don't think Green is the guy. Perhaps Danny could swing a player like Al Jefferson. His price may be a little steep though.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like deal is dead. The Clippers wont deal two 1st round picks. Now those picks would most likely be #25 to #30, two high second rounders. The proposal was :

1. Jordan
2. One second round late first round pick for

1. Doc Rivers
2. Kevin Garnett
3. the magnet to keep CP3 convinced Clippers want to win now

I still think the Celtics will propose a trade of Pierce and Garnett again to a playoff bound team at mid break. Doc will be asked to steer the rebuild. I suspect they will get two first round picks at the deadline.

CP3 is now available to which ever club is willing to show they mean business. Maybe Dallas?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like deal is dead. The Clippers wont deal two 1st round picks. Now those picks would most likely be #25 to #30, two high second rounders. The proposal was :

1. Jordan
2. One second round late first round pick for

1. Doc Rivers
2. Kevin Garnett
3. the magnet to keep CP3 convinced Clippers want to win now

I still think the Celtics will propose a trade of Pierce and Garnett again to a playoff bound team at mid break. Doc will be asked to steer the rebuild. I suspect they will get two first round picks at the deadline.

CP3 is now available to which ever club is willing to show they mean business. Maybe Dallas?

May open up the Griffin/Bledsoe for D-12 deal that the Clippers are rumored to be interested in!! The Clips HAVE to figure a way to keep CP3 or they go back to being the Clippers!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised the Clippers would pull out over a couple of draft picks. I would think that the Clippers are trying to win now. Late first round draft picks aren't going to help them win now. I'm not sure the Clippers necessarily get better with this trade, but if they felt it made them better and gives them a better chance to win now, then killing the deal over draft picks is dumb.

Hey CP3...you could always sign a small one-year contract with the Lakers then get paid big in the summer of 2014. That way you get to play with the real Los Angeles team!

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad the deal died. Go ahead and honor Truth's last year, then resign him for the midlevel the next season. Its only right. Word.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think that Doc, Paul and KG were 100% in on this. They wanted to play together, and they would have loved to have gone home, at least Paul. The move must have included language to have Paul end up with LA somehow. Add CP3 and Griffin, and bledsoe with Doc coaching they would be the talk of LA.

For some reason I think its going to be a rumor filled summer in Boston

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Mike Tokito, The Oregonian

This had been shaping up to be one of the more interesting deals we've seen in the league. What's not clear is where Chris Paul was in all this.

Paul reportedly told Garnett just before the trade deadline that if Garnett would waive his no-trade clause, he would make sure the Clippers completed a deal for him. Garnett declined. That deal also would have included Jordan (although obviously not Rivers), which makes you think this week's talks occurred with either Paul's full blessing, or as the Clippers' way to appease him in the same manner as the decision to not bring back coach Vinny Del *****.

Paul becomes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, and there has been all kinds of chatter about him -- from teams such as Dallas, Houston and Atlanta trying to land him, to him and Lakers center Dwight Howard (the summer's other big free agent) supposedly scheming to play together.

All of that is surely enough to make Sterling and the Clippers front office nervous. Paul is such a key part to the franchise's future; if he bolts, this is a completely different team. Remember, the Clippers have his Bird rights, meaning they can pay Paul a lot more money than other teams, so if does leave, we'll be left with a lot of questions about the Clippers.

Still, the deal with Boston would have been a big gamble. If the Clippers were trying to get a 30-year-old Garnett, that's one thing. But Garnett is 37, and while he is still an effective player, is he really the final piece of a Clippers championship puzzle? Could he really have neutralized Memphis' Marc Gasol in the first round?

Ainge also took a gamble in engaging in these talks, knowing it would be harder for Rivers to return if they fell through. It's hard to imagine a way for Ainge to instantly make the Celtics a contender, as he once did when he got Garnett and Ray Allen. It's clear that he'll have to rebuild. It's not every GM that would dangle his highly-respected coach as a way to do that.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, If Chris Paul wants Garnet and Doc, then two items come to mind:

1. Celtics figure out how to get CP3 here (unlikely)
2. Celts deal Doc and KG to another team ....

Maybe LA Lakers will get into this mess.