• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boise State Has been? Nope Not hardly

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't seem to understand. It's not about the athletes at UF or Texas, it's about playing in a real conference. You can put either offensive athletes today from UF or Texas on BSU's offense and they would make BSU relevant this year in your shit conference. Again, when you play in a conference where you have zero competition each week, the triple reverse pass play is going to work every single time. It has nothing to do with your athletes at BSU, it has to do with the weak as fuck conference you play in. TCU used to be good in the MWC; look what happened when they joined the big boys. Like Colin Cowherd said last year or 2 years ago, Boise might play one team from the MWC that has 1 or 2 NFL players on the team, compared to the big boy conferences where you are consistently playing teams that have NFL talent every week. Your shit conference has made BSU relevant and has inflated your winning percentage.

I wish BSU would join a real conference just so you fuckers would shut up. Unfortunately, BSU brings jack shit to the table: Weak academics, ZERO TV markets, overall weak as shit athletic program, 30K seat high school stadium, etc, etc.......

You act like conferences don't invite schools to conferences. You're on crack if you "think" BSU wouldn't jump at a Pac-12 or Big XII invite.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise needs to grow a pair and join a bigger, more prestigious conference. Otherwise they won't be respected the way they should.
You need to grow a brain and figure out how that process works. Joining an AQ conference isn't like joining a gym. You cannot just show up, pay your dues and join. YOU HAVE TO BE INVITED!!!!

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90% success directly= to the easy ass conference they've played in.

Look at, as smile likes to say, the history. Their coaches goes other places and they don't have near the success. TCU and Utah, very similar programs in stature, can't win shit now that they have weekly contests. Talk all you want but it is the truth. Boise4life telling a Texas fan the coach doesn't have the players he had a Boise. Are you shitting me? Give me a break!!!
I hate when people make this analysis without taking a deeper look.

TCU lost a starting NFL QB and now has had QB issues since leaving the MWC. That TCU team led by the ginger did beat Wisky in the Rose. That team would've competed in the Big XII.

The Utes haven't had a good QB since they left the MWC too. Actually since Brain Johnson. That is until this year.

Both TCU and Utah had the unforunate task of joining better conferences when their talent, especially at QB is down. Both schools produce fewer NFL players than when in the MWC. Had they had their peak-level talent when they moved, both school would have found better success. Like when Louisville won the BE its first year.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to grow a brain and figure out how that process works. Joining an AQ conference isn't like joining a gym. You cannot just show up, pay your dues and join. YOU HAVE TO BE INVITED!!!!

They were... and then they decided to back out...

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were... and then they decided to back out...
The Big East. That doesn't count

Joining that conference would have created a huge logistical mess for the rest of their athletics programs. They were football only, and the MWC wouldn't let BSU compete in other sports without football.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plus after next year the AAC / Big East isnt an aq conference.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big East. That doesn't count

Joining that conference would have created a huge logistical mess for the rest of their athletics programs. They were football only, and the MWC wouldn't let BSU compete in other sports without football.

And they would've been able to play in a BCS game this year potentially, thought I don't think they could beat Louisville or UCF.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they would've been able to play in a BCS game this year potentially, thought I don't think they could beat Louisville or UCF.
No way in hell they beat Louisville. UCF...depends on where.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The truth? Boise & Louisville are very close to being equal. They've played twice, in bowl games, both exciting contests going down to the very end, Boise won one, Louisville the other.

UCF? Boise, at least by looking at games between common opponents, is superior.

But all this is speculation. The best way to find out is to meet on the field.

I have to laugh at you morons who "suggest" that Boise join a better conference. What in the hell do you think that they have been doing for the last 20 years????????

The Big East imploded in case you didn't notice. The top teams jumped ship, and now the new AAC is simply CUSA with a few extras. Boise didn't need to join what will be a nonAQ status conference in football only in which the nearest opponent was over 1500 miles away. The only choice was to stay in the MWC, which, by the way, is a much better conference now. They suffered when BYU, Utah, and TCU left, and still suffer from the leadership of Craig "Hair" Thompson, the most incompetent commissioner in division one. Yes, the bottom teams are bad, very bad, but the top teams, Fresno, USC and BSU could compete in any conference with anyone.

Sure, when nonAQ teams are invited into a better conference there are always adjustments. You have to get used to a dozen teams, play in a dozen new stadiums, and learn everything from coaching tendencies to the location of the play clocks and the student sections to hotels in the new cities. Oh, and there is that minor issue of budget sides. Hey, for an extra $20 million a year, Boise, who is already good, would get even better in a year or two.

Where do we sign up?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are there so many idiots on this board? Even the CBS guys were intelligent enough to know you have to be invited into a conference before you can join. Sheesh.

:doh::lame:

:L

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise beat Louisville? No way. Bridgewater would destroy the Broncos in just one half of play.

There is only one way to find out. Maybe he would, maybe not.

I was, however, discussing history, something that obviously isn't something you know. But for you, little fellow, that is just one more thing on a very long list, about which you are clueless.

Rest well.

Black Belt Disciple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only one way to find out. Maybe he would, maybe not.

I was, however, discussing history, something that obviously isn't something you know. But for you, little fellow, that is just one more thing on a very long list, about which you are clueless.

Rest well.

I will. The thread count on my sheets is higher than you can count. Historically speaking, Boise won't join a big conference. Nighty night.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry but you cant compare a pre 2013 louisville to today and say "we can take em"

this louisville team is a juggernaut team that had a very very fast rise to the top. whatever BSU did with them in the past doesnt count for anything IMO.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when people make this analysis without taking a deeper look.

TCU lost a starting NFL QB and now has had QB issues since leaving the MWC. That TCU team led by the ginger did beat Wisky in the Rose. That team would've competed in the Big XII.

The Utes haven't had a good QB since they left the MWC too. Actually since Brain Johnson. That is until this year.

Both TCU and Utah had the unforunate task of joining better conferences when their talent, especially at QB is down. Both schools produce fewer NFL players than when in the MWC. Had they had their peak-level talent when they moved, both school would have found better success. Like when Louisville won the BE its first year.

FYI, TTECH dropped 70 + on Patterson's team with Dalton at QB, Texas and OU whipped TCU with Dalton at QB. There's no doubt that TCU team with Dalton as a Sr would have competed in any conference, but would they have gone undefeated in a real conference?

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, TTECH dropped 70 + on Patterson's team with Dalton at QB, Texas and OU whipped TCU with Dalton at QB. There's no doubt that TCU team with Dalton as a Sr would have competed in any conference, but would they have gone undefeated in a real conference?

There would have to be a lot of luck for those teams to go unbeaten in a real conf. I highly doubt they would. They would have definitely competed and perhaps be in the conf title race late in the season. Those Ginger led teams were a lot better than the team today.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will. The thread count on my sheets is higher than you can count. Historically speaking, Boise won't join a big conference. Nighty night.

Well, it's almost unfair to use this mental gem to make a point; it's like Alabama taking on another FCS school. But the point needs to be made.

Everyone seems convinced that would and should outweigh will and did. That's the whole problem.

The only way for anyone to know is to play some games. Everything else is speculation. At least Boise St. takes on those cross country games against power teams in other conferences. Most teams won't do this. Instead they will play mostly creampuffs out of conference, and loudly declare that they would or should beat anyone else. Maybe they would, maybe they won't, that's why they play the games, to find out.

Second, history can give hints, lacking direct evidence, but cannot guarantee anything. But history, to the contrary of our bomb throwing mental midget quoted above, would suggest that Boise State will continue to improve itself. This is what they have consistently done over the last 25 years, and they are working hard to find better conference affiliations, better games, and better opportunities.

The only thing that the history at this site can assure me with any confidence is that our little black belt wannabe will continue to act like a member of Congress, or maybe better, an 8th grader. Thanks again, my friend for proving that to battle wits with you is to fight an unarmed man.

Rest well.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you mean by "pound for pound"?

what about Notre Dame, Harvard and Miami? those schools have a pretty good history of football and have a smaller student population than Boise

By pound for pound -- I mean financial resources and local talent. Notre Dame and Havard have almost unlimited financial resources. Miami has some of the richest HS football talent on the planet in their back yard.

Boise State has done the unthinkable, impossible and something that will likely never be repeated. A small school from the middle of nowhere has stepped up and won multiple BCS bowls and beat major powers on their home turf.

Boise State is has the #1 winning percentage of the BCS era and the #3 winning percentage all time. They have won national championships on 2 levels going back to the 1950s.

Chris Petersen is just the most recently in a long time of coaches to have success in Boise. Boise State will win with Petersen or Boise State will win without Petersen because Boise State does one thing well: They Win.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Historically speaking, Boise has done nothing but step up to better conferences. Are you BSU haters that clueless?

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically speaking, Boise has done nothing but step up to better conferences. Are you BSU haters that clueless?

Nope, Black Belt wannabe isn't a BSU hater, just clueless. I suspect that he hates everyone.:rollseyes: