• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boise State Has been? Nope Not hardly

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the updates, UW fans. Much appreciated.

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like who? Since Boise has been relevant (2007), how many major powers have needed a coach?

Ohio State - Didn't bother, got Urban
Michigan - Didn't try, got old Michigan assistant Hoke
USC - Didn't try, got USC legacy moron Kiffin
Notre Dame - Picked a hotter coaching commodity in Kelly
Penn State - Didn't have a chance with all of the sanctions en sech

What powers have really had the chance? Now that both Texas and USC are going to be coming open soon, if they come calling, he will be gone. He's lost some luster over the past season and almost a half. He will take an offer while he still can.

usc did try, they talked .
oregon, talked to him to.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are a little bit different now.
It has only been 3 seasons if we use the peak of his career arc, but the changes are noticeable.

The new playoff rules further marginalize the smaller leagues.

New conference deals (Big 12, ACC) and new networks (PAC12,SEC) have made the financial gap even more gaudy than it was in 2010.

Plus, there is the chatter about the BIG 5 breaking away altogether from the NCAA eventually.

Peterson and Boise were in a far stronger position in 2010 when his name was last tossed around seriously for big name jobs.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two words: Chris Petersen.

Boise will be back. Mark my words. This guy coaches up like no other coach in the game. Boise may have a few "down" seasons (for them) but Petersen will have these guys back. You can count on it.

3 words: Mountain West Conference

You don't need Petersen to be relevant in that weak as fuck conference. As long as BSU is in the MWC, they will never be down.....

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like who? Since Boise has been relevant (2007), how many major powers have needed a coach?

Ohio State - Didn't bother, got Urban
Michigan - Didn't try, got old Michigan assistant Hoke
USC - Didn't try, got USC legacy moron Kiffin
Notre Dame - Picked a hotter coaching commodity in Kelly
Penn State - Didn't have a chance with all of the sanctions en sech

What powers have really had the chance? Now that both Texas and USC are going to be coming open soon, if they come calling, he will be gone. He's lost some luster over the past season and almost a half. He will take an offer while he still can.

Gotta agree with Sox here. Not really sure what "powerhouses" have offered Petersen the world? IMO, I think the "powerhouses" are staying away from Petersen after seeing what happened to the past two BSU coaches who left to coach in big boy conferences and both failed miserably. Petersen has it made: makes awesome bank, no pressure to win NC's, plays in a shit conference (easier path to a BCS bowl/bowl game) and is worshipped in Boise. Why leave all that to go somewhere where the expectations are unreal?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal was more of this dream job, then USC, and he turned them down last year. UCLA threw a kings ransom at him and he still didn't take it.

Peterson isn't going anywhere. USC isn't a good fit for him. Too much gaga attached with the job.

Bro, seriously. Ask any Boise fan who his dream job is. Are you that stubborn you cant utter the words Oregon football?

He coached at Oregon for 6 years. That is one job he would take. If Helfrich fucks up then I assume the Kelly Project will be over.

Helfrich was Kelly's hand picked guy to replace him.

Wouldnt be surprised to see him go to a blue blood at all either. But if it is a PAC school its Oregon. Not Cal.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, seriously. Ask any Boise fan who his dream job is. Are you that stubborn you cant utter the words Oregon football?

He coached at Oregon for 6 years. That is one job he would take. If Helfrich fucks up then I assume the Kelly Project will be over.

Helfrich was Kelly's hand picked guy to replace him.

Wouldnt be surprised to see him go to a blue blood at all either. But if it is a PAC school its Oregon. Not Cal.

I thought he already said no to Oregon. Regardless, you both appear right according to Feldman. Cal and Oregon are in his opinion (from an unnamed source) the only teams with a shot at Petersen.

But the article is a bit dated and both teams had their shots at him.

College Football Rumors: Chris Petersen To Cal?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he already said no to Oregon. Regardless, you both appear right according to Feldman. Cal and Oregon are in his opinion (from an unnamed source) the only teams with a shot at Petersen.

But the article is a bit dated and both teams had their shots at him.

College Football Rumors: Chris Petersen To Cal?

Oregon never truly went after him but promoted from within to keep the current train rolling. Kelly had to leave. Bringing Pete in this year would have derailed a run at the conference title and a potential NATTY berth.

But nice werk. on the article.

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson will be coaching in the PAC12 soon. I would say either Washington after Sark gets canned, USC is a possibility, and OSU a long-long shot.
Last season, when OR St went to the Alamo Bowl against Texas, the announcers were talking about coach Riley having a house there in Texas and that made me wonder if there's something going on. The Beavs led the bowl game until late 4th qtr and the OR St coaches made no effort to adjust the offense to block Okafor from getting to Vaz. I hear that Mack (@Texas) is on the hot seat and ready to possibly retire. If so, coach Riley could possibly be thinking of going there to coach Texas, leaving the door open at OR St for coach Petersen from Boise St whom I think coaches a lot like Mike Riley.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nutt was a bust.

beavis-and-butthead-laughing-o.gif

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if he leaves they are fucked

Didn't they say that about Dan Hawkins and Dirk Koetter?
***edit*******
I'm a little late to the party with that quote, and I agree no one was worried after Nutt left.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe how shitty this year's team is. They fucking suck, especially on defense. The new offense is boring, unimaginative, and not as effective but has confirmed to most other spread, hurry up offenses that are out there. Following the leader is not what helped develop Boise into the power that they once were until 2012.

You can see the frusturation on his face. He must be wanting to tear his hair out. Part of the problem is all of the young coaches that he takes under his wing and develops get poached away from the bigger schools for much more money. It's an endless cycle and makes it so tough to be consistently good. There's a bit of a talent gap as well despite the fact these dudes get coached up. Not once has Boise ever landed a 4 star on both Scout and Rivals as in it's never happened in school history. Think about that for a minute.

As a fan I hope Boise can get back to where they once were but I have my doubts. Time will tell.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will be the guy who rebuilds Penn State football