• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boise State Has been? Nope Not hardly

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise State is pound for pound the best football program in college football history.

what do you mean by "pound for pound"?

what about Notre Dame, Harvard and Miami? those schools have a pretty good history of football and have a smaller student population than Boise

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After several years of huge victories over highly ranked teams I can understand the fanbase's frustration. I say just give Petersen a couple more years. Boise will be back. Unless Petersen departs, then maybe they'll be back.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Hawkins the guy who wrecked the Colorado program?

No, the program was pretty much in tatters when he got there, Hawkins just continued the trend.

That is my point. Schools need to build programs that can outlast a bad coaching hire.

The facts are plain. Boise State has the best record this century in division one football. They've done it with 3 different coaches. And before that, they were a perennial challenger in 1aa. Boise State has had more undefeated seasons, more conference championships, and a better BCS bowl record than anyone.

Look at this year, the team loses two games, and it's the worst season in years. Some fans would give their right nut to be so good as Boise is in a down year.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at this year, the team loses two games, and it's the worst season in years. Some fans would give their right nut to be so good as Boise is in a down year.

True dat.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise State has had more undefeated seasons, more conference championships, and a better BCS bowl record than anyone.

Never has so much credit been given for so little effort.

Boise has played exactly 6 top ten teams in the history of it's FBS program...18 years, 6 opponents...any 2 year stretch in Alabama's Saban era would have as many. They have a 4-2 record and their biggest margin of victory is by a touchdown over TCU...3 years ago. That is of course giving them the benefit of the doubt of game time ranking. If we took year end ranking their record falls to 2-6.

One top 10 opponent every 3 years...and barely more than 1 ranked team in any year.

Please start the nobody will play us rant now...if nobody will play you, shouldn't you be undefeated every year? Particularly if you want to back up your claim that you are a top program.

Alabama's win against A&M last week was bigger than any win in the history of Boise's program, for us it was just another conference game, but all you want to do is run your mouth about who we schedule. You want to know why Alabama will not schedule Boise St for a home and home...it's very simple...you're not good enough...too good to be a pay for play patsy, but not good enough to be treated as an equal, not even close.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never has so much credit been given for so little effort.
Alabama's win against A&M last week was bigger than any win in the history of Boise's program, for us it was just another conference game, but all you want to do is run your mouth about who we schedule. You want to know why Alabama will not schedule Boise St for a home and home...it's very simple...you're not good enough...too good to be a pay for play patsy, but not good enough to be treated as an equal, not even close.

Don't worry, I get why Alabama won't play Boise, that's fair. But why won't they play Sparty?

And I'd say Boise beating Oklahoma was probably a bigger game, just my opinion. As for the Tide, I kind of like how they played Utah in the Sugar Bowl, a team that over the years has been Boise's bitch.

But hey, you guys won the biggest game you will play this year and looked impressive doing it. Credit where credit is due. But the very fact that you bothered to compare my team to yours is good enough for me. Not one of us Boise fans have ever claimed to have a tenth the tradition as your team has, not even close. But damn, we sure have your attention, and I love it. It means that we are gaining on you.

Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, I get why Alabama won't play Boise, that's fair. But why won't they play Sparty?

And I'd say Boise beating Oklahoma was probably a bigger game, just my opinion. As for the Tide, I kind of like how they played Utah in the Sugar Bowl, a team that over the years has been Boise's bitch.

But hey, you guys won the biggest game you will play this year and looked impressive doing it. Credit where credit is due. But the very fact that you bothered to compare my team to yours is good enough for me. Not one of us Boise fans have ever claimed to have a tenth the tradition as your team has, not even close. But damn, we sure have your attention, and I love it. It means that we are gaining on you.

Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear

Freaks-and-Geeks-laughing-gif.gif

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, just like I said, when you can't refute the argument, make a :lame: attempt to deflect. Gotcha.

It's the oldest phony argument trick in the book, when your logic fails, go personal. But hey, I got tons of better pics than this one. I'm much older and wiser these days. Wise enough to know when I got your goat. Love it, keep em coming.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, just like I said, when you can't refute the argument, make a :lame: attempt to deflect. Gotcha.

It's the oldest phony argument trick in the book, when your logic fails, go personal. But hey, I got tons of better pics than this one. I'm much older and wiser these days. Wise enough to know when I got your goat. Love it, keep em coming.

conan-rofl.gif

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Peterson leaves... please for the love of God take Brent Pease back...that gimic shit doesn't work in the SEC week in and week out... our offense sucks balls under him... and I didn't think we could take a step down from Charlie "Where is the closet Shoney's Buffet" Weiss... but it has.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Peterson leaves... please for the love of God take Brent Pease back...that gimic shit doesn't work in the SEC week in and week out... our offense sucks balls under him... and I didn't think we could take a step down from Charlie "Where is the closet Shoney's Buffet" Weiss... but it has.

He was our OC for one year. But I watch a lot of Florida football, primarily because of that nasty ass defense. I don't think the problem is his system. I think the problem is your shitty players that he's working with. Outside of what, maybe that horse Mike Gillislee who's gone now who does be have? Jeff Driskel? That guy fucking sucks. Thank God he got hurt. That was a blessing in disguise. The WRs are average. So is the O line. You need some big help on that side of the ball. I feel bad for the defense because they are elite and I love watching them play. Not trying to throw it in your face because I have no leg to stand on as my team blows this season, but that's how I see it.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smiles, Alabama did play Sparty. Not by choice, but in the bowl game three years ago. Remember? Michigan State was the co-Big 10 champs that year. Bama was fielding the worst team Saban has had other his first one in 2007.......and Bama went out and smashed them 49 to 7.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was our OC for one year. But I watch a lot of Florida football, primarily because of that nasty ass defense. I don't think the problem is his system. I think the problem is your shitty players that he's working with. Outside of what, maybe that horse Mike Gillislee who's gone now who does be have? Jeff Driskel? That guy fucking sucks. Thank God he got hurt. That was a blessing in disguise. The WRs are average. So is the O line. You need some big help on that side of the ball. I feel bad for the defense because they are elite and I love watching them play. Not trying to throw it in your face because I have no leg to stand on as my team blows this season, but that's how I see it.

Actually we looked pretty good tonight... but that was against UK.

Driskel going down was the best thing that could have happened to our offense... this Murphy kid looks to have tons of upside. Other than 1 bad pick tonight, he has played stellar.

Next week against Arkansas will be a test if they play like they did tonight against TAMU.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh...Oklahoma was #7 when you played them, so I would call it a toss-up. Utah was a better team than us in '08 and certainly a better team than Boise in '08...They join about 5 other teams that Alabama is 0-1 against in the last 50 years, how long they have or haven't been your bitch is irrelevant...of course if you think 5-2 lifetime is being your bitch, Alabama has a stable of bitches that would make Filmore Slim proud.

As for it being the biggest game we will play this year...also up for debate, I feel pretty good about our chances for playing bigger ones.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many players from the Texas offense when Harsin was there are in the NFL right now?

He was only there for 2 years, where he had a team full of freshmen. Those guys are now juniors, so to answer your question, Harsin's players at Texas weren't eligible for the NFL draft genius......

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't seem to understand. It's not about the athletes at UF or Texas, it's about playing in a real conference. You can put either offensive athletes today from UF or Texas on BSU's offense and they would make BSU relevant this year in your shit conference. Again, when you play in a conference where you have zero competition each week, the triple reverse pass play is going to work every single time. It has nothing to do with your athletes at BSU, it has to do with the weak as fuck conference you play in. TCU used to be good in the MWC; look what happened when they joined the big boys. Like Colin Cowherd said last year or 2 years ago, Boise might play one team from the MWC that has 1 or 2 NFL players on the team, compared to the big boy conferences where you are consistently playing teams that have NFL talent every week. Your shit conference has made BSU relevant and has inflated your winning percentage.

I wish BSU would join a real conference just so you fuckers would shut up. Unfortunately, BSU brings jack shit to the table: Weak academics, ZERO TV markets, overall weak as shit athletic program, 30K seat high school stadium, etc, etc.......

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smiles, Alabama did play Sparty. Not by choice, but in the bowl game three years ago. Remember? Michigan State was the co-Big 10 champs that year. Bama was fielding the worst team Saban has had other his first one in 2007.......and Bama went out and smashed them 49 to 7.

I will say the same thing to Bama fans that they say to everybody else. Until you play them and beat them then SHUT UP.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the same thing about Urban Meyer's offense when he left Utah.

How did that end up? Oh yeah, we see pieces of it in all levels of football now.