• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bochy be Gone... who do you want?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Wotus, but I think it's pretty clear that he's a company man at this point.

The Giants moved Wotus to 3rd so they could promoted BamBam to the bench coach and keep him around as Bochy's eventual successor. Bench > 3rd base coach
Typically, sure. But I am not so sure that is ALWAYS the case. Don Zimmer was 3B when he was with the Giants. Flan was Bochy’s boy, and he was 3B. Wendell Kim was a high-up coach for the Giants.

I think that Hitting, Pitching, Bench and 3B are the inner-circle coaches. Hierarchy within that group, I think, is very dependent on the personalities involved and, of course, the Manager.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typically, sure. But I am not so sure that is ALWAYS the case. Don Zimmer was 3B when he was with the Giants. Flan was Bochy’s boy, and he was 3B. Wendell Kim was a high-up coach for the Giants.

I think that Hitting, Pitching, Bench and 3B are the inner-circle coaches. Hierarchy within that group, I think, is very dependent on the personalities involved and, of course, the Manager.

Fair enough... but in the case of Meulens going to Miami, where he doesn't have that continuity, I think anything but a bench coaching position or manager is a downgrade.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough... but in the case of Meulens going to Miami, where he doesn't have that continuity, I think anything but a bench coaching position or manager is a downgrade.
Ok. But taking a 3B job would be giving him a job he hasn’t done yet. I think that would be a big resume builder.

And he and Donnie go way back, don’t they? So he could be coming in with the Managers big support.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. But taking a 3B job would be giving him a job he hasn’t done yet. I think that would be a big resume builder.

And he and Donnie go way back, don’t they? So he could be coming in with the Managers big support.

With the Yankees? Maybe