• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bochy be Gone... who do you want?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geren or Kapler would be disappointing.

Can't really comment much on the rest.
I have been ignorantly rooting for Espada. I have no reason to like him, hate him, or have no opinion, though.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been ignorantly rooting for Espada. I have no reason to like him, hate him, or have no opinion, though.
I had some hope for Wotus or Meulens (even though he's been a big scapegoat for the lack of hitting over the years). Wotus is officially out while I would think Meulens is pretty much out too. I'm not sure who to root for at this point.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same, he'd be a perfectly fine hire for me because I have no reason to not like him. Same with Grifol.

Kapler would be meh... but maybe he'll learn from his mistakes. He's obviously fairly capable and qualified.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense. He isn’t going anywhere in the Giants org. He needs to move on to advance his career.

Good luck to him.

I do like Meulens, but I do get the sense that if he wasn't named the Giants' manager that he was as good as gone. This was it for him here.
It does make sense for him to look for and/or entertain coaching offers outside the org. He was a hotter commodity when the team played well but wasn't snatched at that time. When the rumors were swirling that he would be Bochy's successor, a different regime was in charge. Most managers likes to pick their own guys for coaching spots, so, yes, he is as good as gone anyway. It would make sense to see if he could line up in a down org to at least get a chance as an interim spot as manager in the future.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting turn of events with Meulens:
Meanwhile, Ron Wotus may also be on the move, regardless of what Kapler decides about the current staff (remember when Wotus was a possible replacement for Bochy, before Meulens and Decker):

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting turn of events with Meulens:
Meanwhile, Ron Wotus may also be on the move, regardless of what Kapler decides about the current staff (remember when Wotus was a possible replacement for Bochy, before Meulens and Decker):

I thought it was odd that when BamBam was going to Miami he wasn't going to be the bench coach. Seems odd that he'd be okay with a demotion at this point.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was odd that when BamBam was going to Miami he wasn't going to be the bench coach. Seems odd that he'd be okay with a demotion at this point.
Wotus went from bench to 3B with the Giants. I am not certain bench is higher than 3B. It is just different.

he needs a change of scenery.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wotus went from bench to 3B with the Giants. I am not certain bench is higher than 3B. It is just different.

he needs a change of scenery.

I love Wotus, but I think it's pretty clear that he's a company man at this point.

The Giants moved Wotus to 3rd so they could promoted BamBam to the bench coach and keep him around as Bochy's eventual successor. Bench > 3rd base coach