• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo would be 2-3 right now

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, Tommy isn't young.

He is just really really stupid. Watch him. He isn't planning on changing any time soon. Great ability, just is always going to make awful decisions.

He almost threw that ball up for grabs when he got sacked for a 15 yard loss in the 4th quarter. That's the shit he does. He wants to make BIG plays all the time.

I'm confused....you want Tommy as the QB or not? I'm ok with Riley changing the system if he goes in a different direction at QB....Armstrong isn't and will never be an intelligent pro-set pocket passer in a west coast offense.....Either put a young guy that could develop into that or change your plan to fit Tommy's skills....I don't think it is silly to think it's an obvious concept....

I just think you have to choose one or the other....it's completely ridiculous to support Tommy Armstrong and Mike Riley's west coast offense....the two will NEVER co-exist in anything other than complete mediocrity of what we have witnessed in the first 5 games.....I don't understand how that can be unclear to anyone....two completely different offensive mindsets.....

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused....you want Tommy as the QB or not? I'm ok with Riley changing the system if he goes in a different direction at QB....Armstrong isn't and will never be an intelligent pro-set pocket passer in a west coast offense.....Either put a young guy that could develop into that or change your plan to fit Tommy's skills....I don't think it is silly to think it's an obvious concept....

I just think you have to choose one or the other....it's completely ridiculous to support Tommy Armstrong and Mike Riley's west coast offense....the two will NEVER co-exist in anything other than complete mediocrity of what we have witnessed in the first 5 games.....I don't understand how that can be unclear to anyone....two completely different offensive mindsets.....

He has to be our QB right now.

We have nobody else who can break out of the pocket and make a play with this horrid Offensive Line play.

We are completely limited right now with what we can do. The cupboard is full of mid-major talent.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make no mistake about it, it doesn't matter who in the hell is our coach is this year. Nobody is succeeding with what we have to work with.

It's insane to look back and see just how much Abdullah saved Bop's ass over the past couple of seasons.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we do have right now is one hell of a Defensive Line.

I'll give Bopper credit for recruiting those guys. We've all known this was coming. Those guys are good. Collins is a freak.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have nobody else who can break out of the pocket and make a play with this horrid Offensive Line play.

We are completely limited right now with what we can do. The cupboard is full of mid-major talent.

I'll refrain from engaging the entire talent evaluation/recruiting angle since I have such a poor opinion of putting too much stock in it, but assuming all that is the be all and end all, do you seriously see Nebraska recruiting better than "mid-major" talent consistently going forward? What top notch west coast offense talented players are going to come to Nebraska when they can play the same style of football in California, Florida, or anywhere else where the warm weather forces women to dress with less attire to stay cool? High school kids weren't even alive when Nebraska was a dominant team in college football.

Was Pelinin's 9 wins the high mark of Husker football circa 21st century???

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll refrain from engaging the entire talent evaluation/recruiting angle since I have such a poor opinion of putting too much stock in it, but assuming all that is the be all and end all, do you seriously see Nebraska recruiting better than "mid-major" talent consistently going forward? What top notch west coast offense talented players are going to come to Nebraska when they can play the same style of football in California, Florida, or anywhere else where the warm weather forces women to dress with less attire to stay cool? High school kids weren't even alive when Nebraska was a dominant team in college football.

Was Pelinin's 9 wins the high mark of Husker football circa 21st century???

I don't know, but right now we have a bluechip QB from California committed to play here.

All we can do as fans is believe and hope for a miracle. I just don't believe in ever throwing in the towel en sech. I don't stand for that behavior and I just know that if the fans throw in the towel, so will the team.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, but right now we have a bluechip QB from California committed to play here.

All we can do as fans is believe and hope for a miracle. I just don't believe in ever throwing in the towel en sech. I don't stand for that behavior and I just know that if the fans throw in the towel, so will the team.

I'll never throw in the towel....Never turn off a Husker game...Never give up on the team. But I'll always be honest with my assessments of what is going on IMHO. I was happy they fired Pelini, was cautiously optimistic about Riley, and will support for sure, but I can't honestly call out the naysayers of Riley....It does hurt that some of them seem to take joy in seemingly being "right" after 5 games....

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With blowout losses to BYU, Miami, and Illinois.

See, so we're better off now.

Nope, even though I wanted Bo to go, the smartest thing to have happened was to keep Bo until a successful coach was found. Bo's record would have been 4-1 with a loss to Miami only. Now we're looking at a 6-6 record at best, but even that's a stretch with this coaching staff. It's obvious now that Riley wasn't even a lateral hire.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

A blue chip QB who may decommit if there's a losing season this year.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm willing to give this guy time and even if he falls flat on his face I would not want Bo to havbe been retained but sorry Bo would of been 3-2 or 4-1.

Even Calahan would have been 4-1 or 3-2. We are screwed.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Presently, I'm watching two well coached football teams play, Oregon and Colorado.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You completely missed the point of this.

I'm saying, these are not Riley's recruits. GIVE HIM FUCKING TIME TO BUILD HIS OWN SHIT.

Do you really believe Riley will have better clock management, and have a team that isn't last in the nation in pass defense, or close to it with his own athletes?! I doubt it.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really believe Riley will have better clock management, and have a team that isn't last in the nation in pass defense, or close to it with his own athletes?! I doubt it.

I mean, what was bad about his clock management today?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't doubt that was Riley just trying to shift the blame from himself.

With some of the weird decisions he's made, this wouldn't surprise me.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I mean, what was bad about his clock management today?

You didn't see the end of the game when running plays should have been called to run out the clock?

Also, the way this game ended, even one more running play called during the game instead of a typical erratic 50yd pass play from TA may have been the difference between winning and losing.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't see the end of the game when running plays should have been called to run out the clock?

Also, the way this game ended, even one more running play called during the game instead of a typical erratic 50yd pass play from TA may have been the difference between winning and losing.

Did you not hear that running plays were called?

Tommy Armstrong threw the ball out of a running play. It was a designed QB run with absolutely NO option to pass. But he threw it on instinct.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The horrid offensive line play you speak of ran for 5.5 yds per rush against a not great, but a decent defense. That offensive line would even be better than they are if they would have had more running play repetitions the first 4 games.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Tommy Armstrong threw the ball out of a running play. It was a designed QB run with absolutely NO option to pass. But he threw it on instinct.

It obviously wasn't a running play if cocky TA wasn't instructed to positively not throw the ball.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1

If in fact; there was no option too pass, why were the receivers in pass routes? They shouldn't even be looking for the ball, they're either dragging defenders away or blocking, not lookin' for the ball.

I call B.S. on Langahan v.2

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really doubt Bop would have lost this one.. I dont want him back and am still on team Riley (for now) but I really doubt Bo woulda blown this'n