• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo would be 2-3 right now

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really give a shit about hypothetical bullshit that Bo would be 2-3 with this team. It doesn't matter because Bo and his staff are not coaching these kid Mike Riley's staff is. If you ask me they have been unprepared for 4 out 5 of these games. I thought the one thing Riley would at least do is stop all the penalties and have these young men ready to play. Riley and his staff have flat out done a piss poor job. The play calling IMO has been piss poor for the most part. I'm willing to give Riley three years but, for a coach who's 61 years old and most of his staff being with him for a long time what I've seen on the field is unacceptable.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really give a shit about hypothetical bullshit that Bo would be 2-3 with this team. It doesn't matter because Bo and his staff are not coaching these kid Mike Riley's staff is. If you ask me they have been unprepared for 4 out 5 of these games. I thought the one thing Riley would at least do is stop all the penalties and have these young men ready to play. Riley and his staff have flat out done a piss poor job. The play calling IMO has been piss poor for the most part. I'm willing to give Riley three years but, for a coach who's 61 years old and most of his staff being with him for a long time what I've seen on the field is unacceptable.

You completely missed the point of this.

I'm saying, these are not Riley's recruits. GIVE HIM FUCKING TIME TO BUILD HIS OWN SHIT.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not yelling at you, AH.......I'm yelling at all of the people who are freaking the fuck out right now.

It's like people don't even watch football or understand what a coaching change means.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm saying, these are not Riley's recruits. GIVE HIM FUCKING TIME TO BUILD HIS OWN SHIT.

Don't give a shit who's recruits they are right now they are Riley's boys and he's done a piss poor job of coaching these boys. There is a lot more talent on this team then you are letting on.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been as big of a Mike Riley supporter as anyone, and will still be, but when I read the "GIVE HIM FUCKING TIME TO BUILD HIS OWN SHIT." mantra, I can't help but cringe back to the Clownahan days....:(

Attachments

• upload_2015-10-3_20-29-42.png
    upload_2015-10-3_20-29-42.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 23

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't give a shit who's recruits they are right now they are Riley's boys and he's done a piss poor job of coaching these boys. There is a lot more talent on this team then you are letting on.

Bullshit.

We have talent at some positions, but not at all...... just like @Red_Alert said.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lulz

Kool-Aid drinkers have skipped right over the "He just needs to install his system" protocol and went straight for the "they aren't his players" excuse typically reserved for year 2 failure.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lulz

Kool-Aid drinkers have skipped right over the "He needs to install his system" protocol and went straight for the "they aren't his players" excuse typically reserved for year 2 failure.

Ummm......first you have to have your players before you can install your system.

That's like saying you can install a program made for Windows 10 on a Windows XP operating system.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm going to be honest, i don't think Bo loses to Illinois. pretty much agree with what folks are throwing out, the passing was dumb in this game, i just hate how they never try and establish the run, they finally went to the run on the final drive and look what happened, oh they moved it with no problem. should have been doing that from the beginning.

anyway, the reason i came in here. I paid very close attention to the DBs this game. its partially on coaching, but our DBs are just bad. watch the 1st Illinois TD, one of the DBs majorly screwed up, it wasn't even a difficult play, i thought maybe it was a rub route or something where he got picked, but nothing, just horrible horrible play. there were other times too where their play just made no sense. someone needs to step up at corner bad or this team is going to continue to get smoked.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

We don't have natural talent in our Secondary.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm going to be honest, i don't think Bo loses to Illinois. pretty much agree with what folks are throwing out, the passing was dumb in this game, i just hate how they never try and establish the run, they finally went to the run on the final drive and look what happened, oh they moved it with no problem. should have been doing that from the beginning.

anyway, the reason i came in here. I paid very close attention to the DBs this game. its partially on coaching, but our DBs are just bad. watch the 1st Illinois TD, one of the DBs majorly screwed up, it wasn't even a difficult play, i thought maybe it was a rub route or something where he got picked, but nothing, just horrible horrible play. there were other times too where their play just made no sense. someone needs to step up at corner bad or this team is going to continue to get smoked.

What I see is no confidence in the secondary and guys being tentative and not wanting to make a mistake. That's on coaching. I'll give the kids a break on this because this is there 5 or 6 DB coach. But I will not give the coaches a break.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not yelling at you, AH.......I'm yelling at all of the people who are freaking the fuck out right now.

It's like people don't even watch football or understand what a coaching change means.

Ok, maybe I don't understand what a coaching change is. Is a coaching change he is going to blow sunshine up our asses saying he is going to adapt his coaching schemes to the talent on the team and then fucking throw deep passes by a gifted running QB in a stiff wind instead of doing what is working by running the ball????

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, maybe I don't understand what a coaching change is. Is a coaching change he is going to blow sunshine up our asses saying he is going to adapt his coaching schemes to the talent on the team and then fucking throw deep passes by a gifted running QB in a stiff wind instead of doing what is working by running the ball????

Why do people see Tommy throw a 40 yard bomb and automatically think that was the play call? I've been hearing people calling in on the radio complaining about the "long ball play calls" but it has me sitting here wondering what they're talking about.

If one receiver runs a fly route and there are 3 others running shorter routes, it is on the QB to read through his progressions. You start with a primary target and work from there.

Most of those deep balls were on Tommy. The kid gets big play happy. He chose that receiver.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people see Tommy throw a 40 yard bomb and automatically think that was the play call? I've been hearing people calling in on the radio complaining about the "long ball play calls" but it has me sitting here wondering what they're talking about.

If one receiver runs a fly route and there are 3 others running shorter routes, it is on the QB to read through his progressions. You start with a primary target and work from there.

Most of those deep balls were on Tommy. The kid gets big play happy. He chose that receiver.

He's a junior....he should be past the big play happy stage by now, and the coaches are still calling the plays that have the deep route as an option. Surely as much as you watch college football you aren't telling me that Tommy Armstrong is so advanced as a QB that he is checking down to his 2nd or 3rd option in order to hit the homerun ball?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a junior....he should be past the big play happy stage by now, and the coaches are still calling the plays that have the deep route as an option. Surely as much as you watch college football you aren't telling me that Tommy Armstrong is so advanced as a QB that he is checking down to his 2nd or 3rd option in order to hit the homerun ball?

Sir, a ton of passing plays have a fly or a go route. That is almost always going to be an option.

Tommy Armstrong still makes a ton of mistakes. That is completely obvious by now. Shit, he threw the ball on a play where he HAD to run it today. It was a play where the coaching staff told him there was NO option to pass.

Nate

Mid-Major Defender
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sir, a ton of passing plays have a fly or a go route. That is almost always going to be an option.

Tommy Armstrong still makes a ton of mistakes. That is completely obvious by now. Shit, he threw the ball on a play where he HAD to run it today. It was a play where the coaching staff told him there was NO option to pass.

I wouldn't doubt that was Riley just trying to shift the blame from himself.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Oregon is trying to steal the spotlight away from us tonight

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love you JJM!!! Whenever I get down, I can always rely on you to be the most optimistic Husker fan ever!!! If the QB makes mistakes, he's young and the coaches are calling bad plays.....if we are questioning the coaches calls, it's the young QB making bad decisions....:D

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love you JJM!!! Whenever I get down, I can always rely on you to be the most optimistic Husker fan ever!!! If the QB makes mistakes, he's young and the coaches are calling bad plays.....if we are questioning the coaches calls, it's the young QB making bad decisions....:D

Dude, Tommy isn't young.

He is just really really stupid. Watch him. He isn't planning on changing any time soon. Great ability, just is always going to make awful decisions.

He almost threw that ball up for grabs when he got sacked for a 15 yard loss in the 4th quarter. That's the shit he does. He wants to make BIG plays all the time.