• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo Pelini >>> Jim Harbaugh

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It absolutely is. Because of Ohio State. It's basically a guaranteed loss for most teams on any given year in the East. And on any given year, there are at least two teams in the East better than the best team in the West. The bad teams are the bad teams in both. Being the most bad isn't really an advantage. Blowing our Rutgers vs. beating Illinois or Purdue by a few TD's really doesn't matter to the best teams. There's a slightly elevated risk, but minimal.

Again, outside of tOHSU.

To win B1G, B1GW still needs to beat tOHSU which stupid Wisconsin refuses to do and let us all down.

I don't think there is as much separation from 2-7 between the two divisions as a whole.

(sure, there are times you could argue the #2 team to tOHSU is in the east, but I wouldn't say every year)

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, outside of tOHSU.

To win B1G, B1GW still needs to beat tOHSU which stupid Wisconsin refuses to do and let us all down.

I don't think there is as much separation from 2-7 between the two divisions as a whole.

(sure, there are times you could argue the #2 team to tOHSU is in the east, but I wouldn't say every year)
Even if the argument is that one out of ever two years the West produces a team that's the 2nd best in the conference, the overall strength isn't even a question. This is the first time since 2015 that the West finished with 3 ranked teams. The East has done it every single year of it's existence, except for the very 1st year in 2014. But even that year the West only produced a single ranked team. The West has produced 4 top 10 teams in it's existence, the East has produced 10. So surviving the East is dramatically harder than in the West; as illustrated by 8 win NW winning it last year.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo Pelini is 16-18 at Youngstown State the last 3 years.

While I see Jimmy Jam as a failure at Michigan, he'll never be as big a failure as Bo Pelini.
Bo Pelini is a fucking hot head. No, he is not better than Jim

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Minnesota keeps getting better — the gap will be much closer. Props to them this year.

I thought adding Nebraska would be what helped the division out, but that has done absolutely nothing to help.

There were no Divisions in the Big 10 before Nebraska was added, dipshit.

When Nebraska joined the Big 10, was when Divisions were formed.

Legends: Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern

Guess what? Michigan never won that Division either.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It absolutely is. Because of Ohio State. It's basically a guaranteed loss for most teams on any given year in the East. And on any given year, there are at least two teams in the East better than the best team in the West. The bad teams are the bad teams in both. Being the most bad isn't really an advantage. Blowing our Rutgers vs. beating Illinois or Purdue by a few TD's really doesn't matter to the best teams. There's a slightly elevated risk, but minimal.

But, muh Ohio St.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we don't forget...........

Bo Pelini >>> Jim Harbaugh In EVERY aspect of the game except recruiting.

After 5 full seasons.........

Pelini:...... 48 wins
Harbaugh: 47 wins

Pelini:...... (2-3) in bowls
Harbaugh: (1-4) in bowls

Pelini:..... Had no less than 9 wins/season
Habaugh: Has an 8 win season in 2017

Pelini:...... Two outright Division Championships.
Harbaugh: Zero outright Division Championships.

Recruiting Rankings (per 247)

Harbaugh Average (12th)

2016: 8th
2017: 5th
2018: 22nd
2019: 8th

Pelini Average (26th)

2011: 16th
2012: 32nd
2013: 22nd
2014: 35th

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, outside of tOHSU.

maze&blew and trustmeI'mwrong just want to distract/deflect from Harbaugh's pathetic results after 5 years in Ann Arbor.

Harbaugh's not even on the level of Bo Pelini. The facts are in the OP.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we don't forget...........

Bo Pelini >>> Jim Harbaugh In EVERY aspect of the game except recruiting.

After 5 full seasons.........

Pelini:...... 48 wins
Harbaugh: 47 wins

Pelini:...... (2-3) in bowls
Harbaugh: (1-4) in bowls

Pelini:..... Had no less than 9 wins/season
Habaugh: Has an 8 win season in 2017

Pelini:...... Two outright Division Championships.
Harbaugh: Zero outright Division Championships.

Recruiting Rankings (per 247)

Harbaugh Average (12th)

2016: 8th
2017: 5th
2018: 22nd
2019: 8th

Pelini Average (26th)

2011: 16th
2012: 32nd
2013: 22nd
2014: 35th
I'm glad Harbaugh is replicating the fantastic success Pelini had at a Nebraska program trying to become relevant again, and has since spiraled into the dumpster without him. If you're asking if I'd like to go down the path of Nebraska and fire our overwhelmingly successful coach, I'd say no.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the argument is that one out of ever two years the West produces a team that's the 2nd best in the conference, the overall strength isn't even a question. This is the first time since 2015 that the West finished with 3 ranked teams. The East has done it every single year of it's existence, except for the very 1st year in 2014. But even that year the West only produced a single ranked team. The West has produced 4 top 10 teams in it's existence, the East has produced 10. So surviving the East is dramatically harder than in the West; as illustrated by 8 win NW winning it last year.

Like I said, I think the east is better, but not the gap you're making it out to be.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Harbaugh is replicating the fantastic success Pelini had at a Nebraska program trying to become relevant again, and has since spiraled into the dumpster without him. If you're asking if I'd like to go down the path of Nebraska and fire our overwhelmingly successful coach, I'd say no.

That you find Harbaugh successful is why Michigan will remain irrelevant.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That you find Harbaugh successful is why Michigan will remain irrelevant.
Michigan finished the regular season top 15 and played Alabama in a bowl game. That seems pretty relevant to me. Nebraska sat at home and played no bowl game. That's irrelevant.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I think the east is better, but not the gap you're making it out to be.

They've got to make excuses for Harbaugh somehow.

You are right in that it's Ohio St and everybody else in the east.
These Michigan peeps want everyone to think Michigan's problems are the effect of Ohio St.

Ohio St only beats Michigan once a year.

That does not explain records of (8-5), (9-4), etc.

Those records are explained by the reality that Bo Pelini >>> Jim Harbaugh.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got to make excuses for Harbaugh somehow.

You are right in that it's Ohio St and everybody else in the east.
These Michigan peeps want everyone to think Michigan's problems are the effect of Ohio St.

Ohio St only beats Michigan once a year.

That does not explain records of (8-5), (9-4), etc.

Those records are explained by the reality that Bo Pelini >>> Jim Harbaugh.
Obviously Michigan goes into a downward spiral after the Ohio State game.

you don’t know what it’s like to play OSU every year.
Yes I know you play them every year

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan finished the regular season top 15 and played Alabama in a bowl game. That seems pretty relevant to me. Nebraska sat at home and played no bowl game. That's irrelevant.

Nebraska had 9 and 10 win seasons under Bo Pelini too.

Nebraska was widely considered irrelevant.

Michigan is also irrelevant. Michigan will remain irrelevant under Harbaugh.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska had 9 and 10 win seasons under Bo Pelini too.

Nebraska was widely considered irrelevant.

Michigan is also irrelevant. Michigan will remain irrelevant under Harbaugh.

I thought they were very relevant.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maze&blew and trustmeI'mwrong just want to distract/deflect from Harbaugh's pathetic results after 5 years in Ann Arbor.

Harbaugh's not even on the level of Bo Pelini. The facts are in the OP.

I won’t deflect anything about Harbaugh. I’ve called for him to be fired. I said he vastly underachieved and his best year as coach was year 1, when he took a 5 win team and won 10 games. I’ve said it is going into year 6, and the QB guru has had a grand total of TWO STARTS, by QB’s he recruited out of HS and those starts only happened because the top 2 QB’s were injured.

That being said — I’ve told you since they hired Frost. It isn’t going to change anything. Nebraska competing for National Titles is a thing of the past. All teams are recruiting nationally now and with all the info online — no player goes unnoticed. You NEED that home state base to build off of and Nebraska doesn’t have it. They aren’t going to go out and beat top teams for elite recruits. They don’t have the academics to sell the school on. They don’t have the results other top teams have and you are seeing the product they are putting on the field.

UM is in the same boat. But they have a world class education to sell recruits on. Today’s football is LIGHTYEARS different from the time Nebraska was good and they were running the wishbone. Now it is about spread offenses and throwing it 30-40 times a game.

I give Nebraska fans credit for keeping the faith though. You’d think after winning less than games in the last 3 years COMBINED than Clemson and Bama won last year alone, they’d come back to reality. The truth is — Nebraska is a women’s volleyball school now:thumb:

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I really enjoyed the 2016 and 2018 Penn State games.
Damn you like playing broken teams.
But when both teams have been hyped and are contending well, either we know Harbaugh can't close the deal

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But when both teams have been hyped and are contending well, either we know Harbaugh can't close the deal
Well that’s usually how Michigan gets their best wins so....

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That 11-3 Penn State team was broken? They held a Penn State team that averaged 37.6 points and 6.6 yards per play to just 10 points and 3.5 yards per play. They held Barkley to just 3.9 YPC on 15 carries (and 33 of his 59 yards came on one run)